Lose music fs1 (1 Viewer)

Things to do during downtime @ the track
Enjoy the ambiance of being @ the facility
Take a walk around the facility
(i am not PC, sorry} Girlwatch
Take the extra time to go in the pits
Chat with others
Take a food or restroom break
Simply catch your breath and come down a bit from the excitement you just witnessed
Get out of the sun for a bit
Or, of course, enjoy the clown and his antics
Either way you are here to enjoy the greatest sport on Earth, a little downtime is no big deal
For TV kindly rewatch post # 46, it is self explanatory. Yes, compressed audio can sound stunning, maybe introduce yourself to the audiophile hobby?

To use an Australian phrase : "Yeah........ Nah."

You're looking at this through the hardcore fan glasses again.

For example: I have three kids under 10 years of age. To take them anywhere (including the bathroom) is like a military operation, especially in crowds. Once we are parked in the stands, we might go walking around the pits once. Those kids that you don't care about engaging ? They are the future. in 30, 40 or 50 years when we are all dead and buried it is the experience they have at this age that will perpetuate the sport. That's how I started and here I am 39 years later.

Maybe this will make it easier: The DJ & Crowd activities are not there for YOU. They are not there to either entertain or annoy YOU, they are there for the thousands of others who find enjoyment or amusement in them. Or their kids. if you want to do any of the activities above, the downtime activity is not going to stop you .......

Stop tying to find something to be outraged about and maybe admit that the sport over there is actually in a pretty good place right now. If we rely on the rapidly aging die hard fans to be our only customers, the sport as we know it is going to die - and quickly.

As far as the audio thing? I don't see there being a need for me to delve any deeper. It sounds fine....

To use an Australian phrase : "Yeah........ Nah."

You're looking at this through the hardcore fan glasses again.

For example: I have three kids under 10 years of age. To take them anywhere (including the bathroom) is like a military operation, especially in crowds. Once we are parked in the stands, we might go walking around the pits once. Those kids that you don't care about engaging ? They are the future. in 30, 40 or 50 years when we are all dead and buried it is the experience they have at this age that will perpetuate the sport. That's how I started and here I am 39 years later.

Maybe this will make it easier: The DJ & Crowd activities are not there for YOU. They are not there to either entertain or annoy YOU, they are there for the thousands of others who find enjoyment or amusement in them. Or their kids. if you want to do any of the activities above, the downtime activity is not going to stop you .......

Stop tying to find something to be outraged about and maybe admit that the sport over there is actually in a pretty good place right now. If we rely on the rapidly aging die hard fans to be our only customers, the sport as we know it is going to die - and quickly.

As far as the audio thing? I don't see there being a need for me to delve any deeper. It sounds fine....
Funny thing is I became a fan in 1966, went to my first races in the early ‘70’s and as a kid everything in my post would have been exactly the same then. No need in bringing kids in when they are not interested, there are tons of young kids that really dig the sport and they will support it years from now. NHRA does not need babysitters.

Things to do during downtime @ the track
Enjoy the ambiance of being @ the facility
Take a walk around the facility
(i am not PC, sorry} Girlwatch
Take the extra time to go in the pits
Chat with others
Take a food or restroom break
Simply catch your breath and come down a bit from the excitement you just witnessed
Get out of the sun for a bit
Or, of course, enjoy the clown and his antics
Either way you are here to enjoy the greatest sport on Earth, a little downtime is no big deal
For TV kindly rewatch post # 46, it is self explanatory. Yes, compressed audio can sound stunning, maybe introduce yourself to the audiophile hobby?
It was explained a lot earlier in the post before you joined it (i think), but the short version is Youtube audio doesn't have to be broadcast legal. Higher quality broadcast legal sound takes good gear and skill. Gear and skill that costs more than FOX wants to spend for the amount of money the show makes. This is what FOX cares about, not racing, not the fan, not the racer. This is the bottom line that matters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240710-222907_thinkorswim.jpg
    Screenshot_20240710-222907_thinkorswim.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 18
Other than when you guys are playing with the silly tee shirt cannon, the crowd ignores the "make some noise" directive. The crowd @ the venue is there for the same reason as the TV audience. You do not need to create false excitement, our sport creates the excitement
Have you ever been to any other sporting event? Literally any other? Baseball games, guys in hotdog costumes racing around the warning track. Dancers on the dugouts. Let’s not even get into the acts at a minor league game. Basketball, same thing. Football cheerleading and bands.

Drag racing is literally no different.

Funny thing is I became a fan in 1966, went to my first races in the early ‘70’s and as a kid everything in my post would have been exactly the same then. No need in bringing kids in when they are not interested, there are tons of young kids that really dig the sport and they will support it years from now. NHRA does not need babysitters.

You literally just proved my point. What worked to engage kids back in the 60's and 70's will not work today. Back then, you had two or three TV stations (if you were lucky), ZERO live sport and no internet to compete with. Compare that with now.... The Demographic you are a part of (based on your anecdotes) is a large one in drag racing - the 55-75 male long term fan.

The irony is that you cannot see that while that demographic remains prevalent it means that the sport is not progressing or attracting new fans.

Your sentence was only missing the "Back in my day" at the start.

Thank you so much! That's very kind of you to say.
Hannah, what a lot of people especially liked was your announcing of the racing. Please do more of that if you can, you’re awesome at announcing. You’re holding down the LoZone, esp. when Logan isn’t there and it’s the “Hannah cabana” is cool.

I emphasize the announcing in the tower. You’re terrific! Thank you for your dedication to the sport, and for just being talented and being yourself.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back