Us natl tv coverage (1 Viewer)

I missed the first hour of Network Fox early coverage; recorded the last two. I figured I'd watch the first hour on the FS1 coverage at 10:30 pm but over an hour later they were still covering college volleyball. So I just blew the first hour off.

Yep, too much music/ They don't play music during any other motorsports events I'm aware of so why here. And for the life of me I don't understand the nitro audio. I realize it takes quality equipment that won't clip the triple-digit dB but Fox should have that covered. There's amateur video all over YouTube that's 5 X more realistic than what Fox Sports plays. Come on, Fox - are you worried it'll be too loud for the folks at home?
Clay Millican's youtube videos are awesome.

I missed the first hour of Network Fox early coverage; recorded the last two. I figured I'd watch the first hour on the FS1 coverage at 10:30 pm but over an hour later they were still covering college volleyball. So I just blew the first hour off.

Yep, too much music/ They don't play music during any other motorsports events I'm aware of so why here. And for the life of me I don't understand the nitro audio. I realize it takes quality equipment that won't clip the triple-digit dB but Fox should have that covered. There's amateur video all over YouTube that's 5 X more realistic than what Fox Sports plays. Come on, Fox - are you worried it'll be too loud for the folks at home?
DirecTV dropped the local Fox network station several months ago due to a contract dispute. And a few days ago I got a note saying they have now dropped all ESPN channels, along with several other channels, again due to a contract dispute.
Thankfully, my local electric company is bringing in fiber optic internet. They ran the cable to the electric box about 75 feet from my house. But it’s not active yet.
Once it goes live, I’ll be dropping DirecTV the day after my fiber connection is powered up.
And, don’t get me started on the owner of DirecTV, which is AT&T.
I’ll be switching that as well. Their “help” line is as about as useless as a box of rocks.

THat was pretty rough,glad i recorded. 45 min of the 1st rd recap that we just saw an hr ago was not needed and for the love of god who is so music happy on fs1 that they have to play music during pro stock elims. annoying and we dont want to hear your stupid music,we want to hear the cars. We dont need 4 replays on 2 fast 2 tasty challenge either. Interview some drivers and cc instead of showing rerun after rerun. Ok rant over lol
PLEASE, eliminate the background music/noise...

What options are there to watch the Fox Broadcast without DirecTV or Cable? I am looking to get rid of DirecTV just due to the price. Was not happy about not recording the race on Fox. Luckly, I got the rebroadcast on FS1.

Talk about a schizophrenic broadcast; started out well with the Diamond P throwback, and NHRA had the ultimate Gimme with this year being the 70th.

Then they fumbled. Badly. It's like a baseball game that replays ALL of the first 3 innings once you get to the 7th inning stretch.
For all the replay after replay (which would be unnecessary if the RACE was focused on instead of the chutes-out shutdown cruise), the show producers (NHRA) and directors (NHRA hires) truly screwed the pooch considering the absolutely GOLDEN opportunity they had to make the biggest race of the year - on national television - something truly special.

And before the "can you do better?" crowd chimes in here to throw 🔥&💩 my way, yeah- I probably can, as that actually IS my field. Missing celebration of 70 years of the sport you'll be broadcasting for 5 hours? 🙄 Poor form, NHRA.

What options are there to watch the Fox Broadcast without DirecTV or Cable?
almost all of your major streaming services will offer your 'live' local networks, which of course costs more.
i went to fiber/streaming about 4 years ago. hulu live which included our local channels, as well as all the standard 'cable' channels including the espn's and the fs channels,
was $60/month. that price is now $90. the same rip-off price i was at with dish network for many years before i switched. TV is a huge scam. if it wasn't for drag racing, i
might cancel it all. talk about an addiction, i pay over $1k annually just to watch nhra drag racing and a very few select other channels.

almost all of your major streaming services will offer your 'live' local networks, which of course costs more.
i went to fiber/streaming about 4 years ago. hulu live which included our local channels, as well as all the standard 'cable' channels including the espn's and the fs channels,
was $60/month. that price is now $90. the same rip-off price i was at with dish network for many years before i switched. TV is a huge scam. if it wasn't for drag racing, i
might cancel it all. talk about an addiction, i pay over $1k annually just to watch nhra drag racing and a very few select other channels.
That is where I am. I am paying $100+ a month for DirecTV and only watch 4-5 channels. FS1 seems to be the hardest one to replace and have a DVR feature.

martin, i thought the best TV of the weekend was the live youtube feed on friday. they focused on the track and who was on it, all the way thru the
first round of pros that evening. it was great coverage. announcers switched off during different classes. herb mccandless was great.
the fox coverage sat. thru monday was average, not great. (the talent is great, just the presentation was average)

martin, i thought the best TV of the weekend was the live youtube feed on friday. they focused on the track and who was on it, all the way thru the
first round of pros that evening. it was great coverage. announcers switched off during different classes. herb mccandless was great.
the fox coverage sat. thru monday was average, not great. (the talent is great, just the presentation was average)
I agree- Friday was almost like being there. Monday should have been a spectacular on the level of the Super Bowl. Again- they had SEVENTY YEARS to dip back into for content; sadly, they missed the field worse than Dougie...

I'm not one to bitch about TV coverage usually, I remember the late 90's ESPN2 with Shelly Anderson Payne "Dropping cylinders", "Dropping cylinders", over and over... The least colorful color commentary ever (not a dig on Shelly, love her! TV just isn't her forte), and I lived through that. IMO its generally been all up hill since then, even with CPed and TPed.
Did any one else find it odd that all starting line shots were from the helicopter and not a fixed camera on the ground? I was really disappointed in the coverage of the racing itself. It felt bush league. I felt It was a poor representation of what is supposed to be the biggest race on tour and in our sport overall.

some of the best coverage, and i think it was friday during the comp clash, because when else would we have had a live feed of comp, the camera was at 1320' on spectator side.
the launch was centered just off starting line, then as cars passed cameras, the shot switched to the 1320' camera. you could easily see if the car chasing was going to catch and win,
or fall short. it was great. no breakouts, so no diving front ends or heads turned to look over, just two cars flat out to the finish line and hope you had a great light so you don't
win with CIC penalty. congrats to the neff/mozeris team on stellar weekend.

key phrase here is 'the 1320' camera'......notice how it works great for cars racing that same distance. note that TF and FC race to 1000' :rolleyes:

What options are there to watch the Fox Broadcast without DirecTV or Cable? I am looking to get rid of DirecTV just due to the price. Was not happy about not recording the race on Fox. Luckly, I got the rebroadcast on FS1.
I like youtube tv. Nice thing about it when I travel I can watch live or recorded shows on my computer.

Here's a channel line up comparing the major streaming services:

I may be an outlier, but I normally tape the show and watch later, sometimes the same day.

Fast forward past the intro, commercials, most driver interviews. A 3 hour show can be comfortably watched in less than an hour if distilled to the runs, selected replays, and only a few interviews.
Sadly, if you remove the recaps, clutter and yap yap we are getting an hour long show @ best. I want a 3 hour show, I am not here to "get thru it in an hour", I want to see a full, real sporting event just like MLB or NFL offer.
NHRA.TV is awful, production value of audio is straight from the 1920's. NHRA.TV should be the focus of a proper presentation of our sport, not a money grab from the hardest hard core fans. Sad to see in 2024 NHRA broadcasting is 100% absolutely clueless, wasting talent like Lohnes, Costello or Alan

Sadly, if you remove the recaps, clutter and yap yap we are getting an hour long show @ best. I want a 3 hour show, I am not here to "get thru it in an hour", I want to see a full, real sporting event just like MLB or NFL offer.
NHRA.TV is awful, production value of audio is straight from the 1920's. NHRA.TV should be the focus of a proper presentation of our sport, not a money grab from the hardest hard core fans. Sad to see in 2024 NHRA broadcasting is 100% absolutely clueless, wasting talent like Lohnes, Costello or Alan
If you add up the total run time from the point where the first car lights a bulb to when the slowest car crosses the finish line, x 60 runs for all 4 pro rounds (even add another 15 of Pro Mod is included), the total time is much, much less than hour.

Most of that time is waiting for the 2nd bulb to be lit.

Never thought id say this but i think espn was better lol

right, but that price does not include your local channels.
It does for me down in the cities, but its actually $80 after taxes and made up fees. I get WCCO (4), KSTP (5), FOX 9, and KARE (11). I think I even get KSTP-2 (45) and what ever the old WB network turned into (23).

That is where I am. I am paying $100+ a month for DirecTV and only watch 4-5 channels. FS1 seems to be the hardest one to replace and have a DVR feature.
This worked for Me. If your TV has Smart capabilities connect to WiFi - If not get Amazon Firestick - Less than $50 - Go to "Antennas Direct" & download free app for antenna direction on your phone. Put Air antenna on roof pointing where it tells you to. I get 27 air Channels including Fox (Raceday) out here in the Boondocks. Can't understand some of the languages :rolleyes: but you should get a S------d of them in a suburban area. I went from almost $400 month (WiFi - Dish - Phone -Etc) to just under $100 by getting rid of land line and Dish as well as changing wireless providers. You probably have much cheaper options there. We also already have Amazon Prime so the Prime channel is included for no extra a month. Carefully pick servicies that you pay for. The only thing is you will have to add a DVR if your TV doesn't have recording possibilites.

Try what Dennis Munise suggested:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back