Lose music fs1 (1 Viewer)

My name is Hannah, if you'd like to insult me with something other than "fake redhead."
Don’t mind a lot of people on here. They have a very big problem with any and all entertainment or how television or NHRA tv is ran. Don’t worry, they’re the minority.

Keep up the good work.

How long have you been into music and do you study sound overall also? How do you feel the aural aspect of a race day impacts the in person viewer vs video viewer? Music + commentary + actual sound of the racing?
I've been a music fan forever but haven't studied sound beyond a bit of freelance voiceover/recording work.

Between stints at NHRA, I worked in Sprint Car racing as an announcer on DIRTVision so I've encountered the in-venue vs. streaming environment before. What works in one doesn't always translate to the other, especially when it comes to conveying excitement. It's a dance of getting the live crowd pumped up but also not ruining someone's living room speakers.

I've been a music fan forever but haven't studied sound beyond a bit of freelance voiceover/recording work.

Between stints at NHRA, I worked in Sprint Car racing as an announcer on DIRTVision so I've encountered the in-venue vs. streaming environment before. What works in one doesn't always translate to the other, especially when it comes to conveying excitement. It's a dance of getting the live crowd pumped up but also not ruining someone's living room speakers.
Other than when you guys are playing with the silly tee shirt cannon, the crowd ignores the "make some noise" directive. The crowd @ the venue is there for the same reason as the TV audience. You do not need to create false excitement, our sport creates the excitement

Other than when you guys are playing with the silly tee shirt cannon, the crowd ignores the "make some noise" directive. The crowd @ the venue is there for the same reason as the TV audience. You do not need to create false excitement, our sport creates the excitement
Yea, well revenue and payout to teams don’t reflect that. That’s the problem. It’s the same as a director putting in some lovie-dovey stuff in an action move for the wives or some adult humor in a Disney movie. There needs to be something to turn one ticket sale into an entire family of ticket sales. When revenue goes up, car count goes up. With enough revenue, there’s enough guaranteed money to make it worthwhile for the indie teams to pull to a race even if they don’t qualify and just have a static display on a Sunday. Pistons and clutch disks don’t just fall out of the sky. One single weekend is 128 spark plugs if you make it to the finals, and that’s about the cheapest consumable on the car.

F them speakers 😂 that’s FOX’s job to stay smpte/broadcast legal. They know how to use a compressor better than anyone dealing with nitro cars lol.

Attachments

• 2D733AA3-502D-4191-B1D3-4456A17EE177.jpeg
    2D733AA3-502D-4191-B1D3-4456A17EE177.jpeg
    928.7 KB · Views: 11
Bradenton didn't have all that stupidity.

Don’t mind a lot of people on here. They have a very big problem with any and all entertainment or how television or NHRA tv is ran. Don’t worry, they’re the minority.

Keep up the good work.
The “minority” that you are referencing are progressive, understanding that there is a better way than the current presentation. Status quo is not cutting it, we need better audio in both Fox and .TV

Bradenton didn't have all that stupidity.
the coolest thing i saw at bradenton, other than the racing, was The Vindy's covering Cake's version of warpigs.
it was late saturday morning, with horn section. it was almost perfect.

Yeah I’m not a fan of the DJ music but let’s not pick on Hannah. She does a good job with interviews and is just following marching orders for her job. When stuff like this comes up, my son reminds me that this is a ‘first world problem’. Ask the Force family.

The “minority” that you are referencing are progressive, understanding that there is a better way than the current presentation. Status quo is not cutting it, we need better audio in both Fox and .TV
OK, Strap in for a rant.

You lost all credibility when you called the between rounds entertainment "Stupidity" and "Creating fake excitement". You are looking at this through the lens of a die hard spectator and not the casual fan (which Makes up the VAST majority of fans both at the event and on TV).

If I am a casual fan who just paid a few hundred bucks to get me, my wife and two or three kids in to the event, plus god knows how much on food and merch, if you as a promoter are relying on "The excitement of Racing" to keep them engaged then you are going to fail. There is an expectation of sports events these days to be way more than just the sport itself; think cheerleaders, marching bands, half court shot contests and Kiss cam. All designed to keep fans moderately interested or engaged while there is literally nothing going on.

If I was not a die hard, I would not be back.

Drag Racing is at an inherent disadvantage because of the Structure of the racing. Race, work on it for and hour, race, work on it for an hour, Race... you see what I'm getting at here.

Football games, Nascar, Indy etc. they constant. A constant stream of content to entertain and consume. Realistically, we don't really have that constant stream.

There is so much competition for the Dollar now that if you don't have all the bells and whistles in terms of events.... you will not win casual fans over. In past lives I have been part of the management team (Media and Marking Manager) of the Biggest Drag Strip in Australia and also the National Touring series as the Communications and Media Manager. We reviewed our fan interaction and downtime plans at national events several times a year.

Rather than attacking the people who are just doing their job and calling them stupid, lets hear your suggestions to deal with downtime?

As for the audio... its not that bad. If you want to hear it just like you would at the track.. nothing is going to replicate that. It is compressed for broadcast, which immediately reduces the fidelity.

OK, Strap in for a rant.

You lost all credibility when you called the between rounds entertainment "Stupidity" and "Creating fake excitement". You are looking at this through the lens of a die hard spectator and not the casual fan (which Makes up the VAST majority of fans both at the event and on TV).

If I am a casual fan who just paid a few hundred bucks to get me, my wife and two or three kids in to the event, plus god knows how much on food and merch, if you as a promoter are relying on "The excitement of Racing" to keep them engaged then you are going to fail. There is an expectation of sports events these days to be way more than just the sport itself; think cheerleaders, marching bands, half court shot contests and Kiss cam. All designed to keep fans moderately interested or engaged while there is literally nothing going on.

Drag Racing is at an inherent disadvantage because of the Structure of the racing. Race, work on it for and hour, race, work on it for an hour, Race... you see what I'm getting at here.

Football games, Nascar, Indy etc. they constant. A constant stream of content to entertain and consume. Realistically, we don't really have that constant stream.

There is so much competition for the Dollar now that if you don't have all the bells and whistles in terms of events.... you will not win casual fans over. In past lives I have been part of the management team (Media and Marking Manager) of the Biggest Drag Strip in Australia and also the National Touring series as the Communications and Media Manager. We reviewed our fan interaction and downtime plans at national events several times a year.

Rather than attacking the people who are just doing their job and calling them stupid, lets hear your suggestions to deal with downtime?

As for the audio... its not that bad. If you want to hear it just like you would at the track.. nothing is going to replicate that. It is compressed for broadcast, which immediately reduces the fideliy.
OK, Strap in for a rant.

As for the audio... its not that bad. If you want to hear it just like you would at the track.. nothing is going to replicate that. It is compressed for broadcast, which immediately reduces the fidelity.
Things to do during downtime @ the track
Enjoy the ambiance of being @ the facility
Take a walk around the facility
(i am not PC, sorry} Girlwatch
Take the extra time to go in the pits
Chat with others
Take a food or restroom break
Simply catch your breath and come down a bit from the excitement you just witnessed
Get out of the sun for a bit
Or, of course, enjoy the clown and his antics
Either way you are here to enjoy the greatest sport on Earth, a little downtime is no big deal
For TV kindly rewatch post # 46, it is self explanatory. Yes, compressed audio can sound stunning, maybe introduce yourself to the audiophile hobby?

Last edited:
get busted girlwatching

Attachments

• IMG_2730.jpg
    IMG_2730.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back