Looks Like the Green Monster is Gone (1 Viewer)

I was watching the Mt Dew whatever crazy freestyle motocross this weekend, and even though it was sponsored by Mt Dew (Pepsico) there was Monster Energy EVERYWHERE... Every-time the guy that won had the camera on him, he would take a looooong drink from his Monster Energy sports bottle with the label so perfectly displayed facing the camera. It was cool, and proves that everyone can get along.. I didn't see the OSMIB (Official Sponsor Men in Black) take him out for displaying it.

The guy didn't even have to drink Powerad.... oooopps, Mt Dew in the winners circle..

I was watching the Mt Dew whatever crazy freestyle motocross this weekend, and even though it was sponsored by Mt Dew (Pepsico) there was Monster Energy EVERYWHERE... Every-time the guy that won had the camera on him, he would take a looooong drink from his Monster Energy sports bottle with the label so perfectly displayed facing the camera. It was cool, and proves that everyone can get along.. I didn't see the OSMIB (Official Sponsor Men in Black) take him out for displaying it.

The guy didn't even have to drink Powerad.... oooopps, Mt Dew in the winners circle..

Great point Brian!
...The monster car spent most sundays in the trailer, and not infront of the tv cameras!:(

They'll learn as soon as they realize that sponsors on the cars are more beneficial to the series as whole rather than the politically correct sponsors line their wallets.

Sometimes I think they will ruin nitro racing(if they haven't already) before they realize that. This a clear case of a corporation thinking of the almighty dollar, screw everyone else.

I heard this earlier today, I hope Kenny is able get the Air Force or another Marketing Partner on board next year to replace Monster. I think with Mike K. tuning the car and with TJ driving there is combination who can win!

Is Kenny still fielding the flopper? I still think TJ will be driving the AJ TFer.

nhra runs off another one. When are they ever gonna learn?? :confused:

I don't think it's the NHRA running them off as much as it isn't really the demographic they are aiming at.

Drag Racing fans are predominantly 40-50 year old males. The majority of drivers although not old, are not "kids"

Get a look at the X-Games crowd and competitors and you will see the demographic that the "Energy" Drinks are trying to hit.

Jeez, I thought this thread had something to do with Art Arfons.:D

Dave

I knew there had to be someone else who made that association! :)

i cant blame nhra for monster leaving, this car has been 'horrible from day one', to put it gently. this should be example A, as far as demonstrating how money cant automatically buy success on the track

I wouldn't be so quick to judge that NHRA ran them off. They were grandfathered in. It could just be a case of the current economic situation or the "third year exit" where a company decides to move on and try something different. I know Bernstien is the best when it comes to keeping a sponsor happy but times are a changing for everyone with the changing of the guard and corporations know that and are now planning accordingly.

i cant blame nhra for monster leaving, this car has been 'horrible from day one', to put it gently. this should be example A, as far as demonstrating how money cant automatically buy success on the track

i agree - it's not demographics, why did they play in the nhra in the first place!?
i don't know what it's called, but those adv't. minutes on nat. TV that equate
to dollars; that's gotta' be part of the problem. (same with rockstar)

Great point Brian!
...The monster car spent most sundays in the trailer, and not infront of the tv cameras!:(
Exactly, you can't throw all of the blame on the NHRA and Coca Cola.

The most time the Monster Funny Car was on the TV this year was during all the replays of Force's crash from Dallas last year!:D

It's too bad cause I was really hoping TJ would have better luck in that car this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back