Leah Pruett In At Dsr (1 Viewer)

I don't think Castrol will let Ashley go... They specifically wanted the Force family to be under their banner... Why else did Medlen get AAA this year? They wanted Ashley...

Best of luck to Leah... I hope she makes it big, because she was the first person I ever beat at a divisional!! Pheonix (I think) in '97.... I'll never forget that... ;)... That was when she still had her "Pretty Woman" (version 1) car...

CJ Curtsinger

You guys are killin me. Don says that if they have time Leah will make a couple of hits in the car. And from that, you have restructured the sponsors and teams. That's a good one. And if you think that the car in question is underfunded to the point that the new driver will have to bring money to the table you really need to change medication.

Alan

Alan, you know that key board crewchiefs/team owners are never wrong....

Hey, I hear next year Paris Hilton wants to drive a funny car too......:rolleyes:

Hmmm....they did mention Leah at the end of the broadcast......

Last edited:
I don't think Castrol will let Ashley go... They specifically wanted the Force family to be under their banner... CJ Curtsinger

JF told coil his paycheck depends on a Force being in the car when he didn't want to mess around with her driving testing. Coil's response was, get her in her fire suit, what are you waiting for?

The key sentence in that story was Don stating he wants to win championships and that she will make a good driver some day which sounds like he isn't seriously considering it he even stated that if they have time which means it isn't that important at this time to DSR.
Now that Gary threw out that enlightening comment nothing is etched in stone. ;)
Only time will tell I'm sure Don will say something if he feels the need.
On another note Todd and Schuler are doing really well as stand alone Crew Chiefs!

The key sentence in that story was Don stating he wants to win championships and that she will make a good driver some day which sounds like he isn't seriously considering it he even stated that if they have time which means it isn't that important at this time to DSR.

If he is planning on her testing he is seriously considering it... You don't put someone in your cars unless you have plans for them or are getting paid for it...

CJ Curtsinger

If he is planning on her testing he is seriously considering it... You don't put someone in your cars unless you have plans for them or are getting paid for it...

CJ Curtsinger

Only Don would know but there are others that will also have a chance and as stated by so many if they can bring some $$$$ to the table that would make them the favorite.
I think Don's preference would be Gary keeping the seat. I will take the wait and see approach CJ. ;)

Bob, I also think his preference would be Gary... He said: "but if we have a slot for her, we'll see what she can do."

There is room for a fourth FC in DSR... Gary staying doesn't necessarily impede her chances... DSR is capable of getting another sponsor, especially for someone like Leah.... But we are getting back asswards... As people have said, we have no idea how many people are being looked at... Lets kick back with popcorn and watch the movie... The plot is barely thick as of yet...

CJ Curtsinger

Maybe Gary will drive on Friday-Sunday next year and she will test on Monday so he can be home... Probably not though because I dont think whe would fit right in his chassis. Just a thought though.

Possibly a development contract like Mel had with Snake...

Last edited:
Simply getting a chance to get a couple "squirts" in a DSR car is such smart marketing on Leah's part - a no-lose proposition (assuming nothing goofy happens).
She' created some buzz - even if she goes to Darrien & Meadows "finishing school" for a year or 2, she's seen as an up-and-coming player.

(It is funny that Don mentioned her appearance though. It's the elephant-in-the-room but, I would have expected more subtlety. It'll open up a can of worms for the folks who are inclined to think "looks" are the main determing factor.)

Ashley is already in , Melanie is going to make test runs soon , and Leah may take a half pass at Indy testing days for Don Shu. At least if you believe what been posted. Also chatter about Force's other girls may move up to TF

Ashley is already in , Melanie is going to make test runs soon , and Leah may take a half pass at Indy testing days for Don Shu. At least if you believe what been posted. Also chatter about Force's other girls may move up to TF
Damn, I should start reading the entire articles instead of just headings... silly me-

Perhaps saying ( IF ) all 3 get rides , than 2008 would be interesting. But the fact that they are just testing does not mean they will get the job. Wishfull thinking on limited info.

what mike said last night on TV... sounds like the troxy things almost a done deal
I miss one qualifying show because of grama's 90th b-day, and I'm outta the loop...

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - TROXEL TO TEST FUNNY CAR

Leah-
http://www.nitromater.com/news-info...old-drag-racer-leah-pruett-will-drive-ds.html

Did they go to 1/8 mile racing also- 2-300ft x 4, carry the 1
I guess those squirts are half trackers- I got get outta here-

No offense Dennis- really

It's just the way things get blown out of proportion- did you hear

Court and Brit did test the A/Fuel car at Vegas-
Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - FORCE GIRLS TEST A/FD

I will try to word this correctly, and no offense ment to anyone in Funny Car, but it used to be Funny Car drivers talked about stepping up to Top Fuel, the Kings of the sport. Now it seems Nitro drivers bounce back and forth. Scott Kalitta went to FC. Kenny B. went to FC. etc. Seems like it takes a while to master driving any of them , so why change seats ?

After being at this game for about oh 40+ years there are cycles. For a while top fuel is THE place to be then it swings over to Funny Car and then after a while it swings back to top fuel.

All in all it looks like Funny Car in 08 will be a place of interest regardless of the outcome in testing.

BTW: Just a feeling but knowing how aggresive Mike Ashley is in business and transfer that to racing [people don't change] it would not surprise me to see him expand to a 3 car team. This would place him up with Force, DSR and Kallita. Interesting mix of drivers and cars. Of course just a feeling but maybe just maybe......:cool:

jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back