David Nickens & Gene Wilson (1 Viewer)

Hi there, John! Can you open up a little space in your pm box? I have a pm for you that won't deliver. Thanks!

did I miss something? If Dave's there where's Erica?

If the dyno has shown Nickens something ... why isn't that piece in Ender's car doing the testing/racing? Why would Nickens buy a car and call Wilson? I must have missed something .....

EDIT: tree'd by PJ

Cool...another Mopar to DNQ at vegas!:mad:

Best of luck to the Nickens/Wilson team.... But, it's gonna be a tough show to get into!

I am sure Greg or Scoop will set everyone straight.....and warn us about speculating :)

Cool...another Mopar to DNQ at vegas!:mad:

Best of luck to the Nickens/Wilson team.... But, it's gonna be a tough show to get into!

Not so quick to throw the Mopars under the bus. We've qualified very well at most events, and of late have qualified all entries. We even have a car (Allen Johnson) in the Final 4 heading in to Vegas.

I hope David has found something for Gene and that they make the show. I also look forward to Erica's return to the track...in her Mopar...powered by David!

The DSR car Richie ran is on it's way from Indy to Vegas. As reported, if things go well, David and Gene will also race at Pomona. You can take this one to the bank - Jim

How do they plan on registering for the vegas deal? The quota is set at 26 and there is already 28 racers entered. The NHRA will never let a sportsman racer in if the quota has been reached, and I've heard Pat Herold say he has been unable to race because of this as well. I can't remember Gene winning that race or ever being an NHRA world champ? Which would be his only way in at this point.

How do they plan on registering for the vegas deal? The quota is set at 26 and there is already 28 racers entered. The NHRA will never let a sportsman racer in if the quota has been reached, and I've heard Pat Herold say he has been unable to race because of this as well. I can't remember Gene winning that race or ever being an NHRA world champ? Which would be his only way in at this point.

Maybe they'll up the quota like they did for Comp.

What 'quota' are you referring to? Guess I'm waaaay out of the loop.

It's posted under "Participate", then "National Event Registration", then "Event Entry Statistics" on NHRA.com. Comp's original quota was 40 (I think) but they upped it to 60 after getting bombarded with requests. As of today there is 59 entries in the class.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back