Leah Pruett In At Dsr (1 Viewer)

Wow I guess Ol Rob is just a little off, "Pruett has been racing a Nostalgia Funny Car of late"... Leah is actually testing in Bob Godfrey's Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car this weekend at Speedworld. It's the same N/FC that Ron Capps has driven a number of times this season.

Leah Pruett drives the family-owned supercharged altered and they are finishing up a Mustang Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car to debut at the California Hot Rod Reunion in October.

Here's a photo of Leah Pruett and her new N/FC Mustang as it left Victory Race Cars, from earlier this week.

People, Leah Pruett has a TEST, she is not IN at DSR.

Last edited:
I'm certainly not saying she can't learn, but it's a pretty good jump up from a 7 second alky roadster to a Nitro FC ride. For anyone.

Well if she does get the ride, next years hottest feamle athlete poll could be an all nhra final

Well she has more experience behind the wheel than JFR's new driver dose.

2 women in F/C will be cool next year.

not a commitment in but for it to be made public that she's going to test I would have to think that she's the front runner.

I remember JJ stating he wanted a female driver to replace Gary, she wouldn't be getting this Opportunity if they didn't see something...

My guess is that she also brings some sponsorship $$$ to the table! She kind of looks like a blonde Ashley!

I am sure she will do well. Driving a fuel altered car is a pretty squirrley thing! They like to make sudden turns!!!

Does anyone think that maybe scoop asked only about Leah, and that the other handful of prospects who are getting the same opportunity as Leah that are not named may have as good if not a better shot than Ms. Pruett??

Leah is anything but IN at DSR... She is on a list of drivers getting a shot... PERIOD!!

Read Brent's post if the whole article is too long...

I'm certainly not saying she can't learn, but it's a pretty good jump up from a 7 second alky roadster to a Nitro FC ride. For anyone.
Nunzio,

Please remind us what Del Worsham, Robert Hight, and Eric Medlen made the jump from when they got into their first nitro funny cars.

I remember JJ stating he wanted a female driver to replace Gary, she wouldn't be getting this Opportunity if they didn't see something...
Hi:)
With the sale of Oakley it's hard to know what will happen with Drag racing based sponsorships after the current contracts expire.
But given that they continue, and that Jim has any input into where the sponsorship goes I wouldn't be surprised to see it travel over to JFR.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the association between Zippy and Oakley goes back to the Scotty Cannon days well before DSR acquired it and from memory, doesn't Ashley have some form of personal sponsorship with Oakley.

Sponsor of a car within JFR, arguably the best team and Sponsor of arguably the most attractive driver, geez wonder if that would be smart marketing.

Thanks JP:D

Sponsor of a car within JFR, arguably the best team and Sponsor of arguably the most attractive driver, geez wonder if that would be smart marketing.

Thanks JP:D

I'm all for a JFR car with an O on the side of it........

......but would Castrol ever give Ashley up?

Hi:)
With the sale of Oakley it's hard to know what will happen with Drag racing based sponsorships after the current contracts expire.
But given that they continue, and that Jim has any input into where the sponsorship goes I wouldn't be surprised to see it travel over to JFR.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the association between Zippy and Oakley goes back to the Scotty Cannon days well before DSR acquired it and from memory, doesn't Ashley have some form of personal sponsorship with Oakley.

I seem to remember someone posting that this might happen before the start of this season. With the exception of one veteran Mater, the poor guy was slammed for suggesting such heresy. It now appears that a number of Maters have decided that this might be a brilliant marketing strategy.
Zippy in the second Castrol car and Ashley in full Oakley livery? Hmmm

You guys are killin me. Don says that if they have time Leah will make a couple of hits in the car. And from that, you have restructured the sponsors and teams. That's a good one. And if you think that the car in question is underfunded to the point that the new driver will have to bring money to the table you really need to change medication.

Alan

That may be true but this very well could be the Ashley Force / Danica Patrick and the sex appeal ripple we are seeing in racing. DSR is smart for bringing in a gal that is easy on the eyes so she can compete for those marketing dollars that Ashley and Danica are gobbling up.

"Leah's a great-looking girl who is just 19 years old, and she's shown me a tremendous amount of commitment to drag racing. Her background and her accomplishments lead me to think that she'll be a great driver one day.

The fact that Don Shoe made mention of her looks in the article speaks volumes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back