Leah Pruett Podcast....didn't buy Hillary's seat. (1 Viewer)

Leah said she didn't "buy Hillary's ride". She should that to Hillary because in Larry's interview he quoted Hillary in saying Leah did buy her ride.

It's just like real life -- he said she said.... when in fact he didn't say she said... and stuff is just what it is.

Just because it's famous drag racers people expect there to be some conspiracy or behind the scenes motives when its all just people being people.

Great interviews, John, very nicely done breaking the story. There's just one other party (Dote family) involved that may not want to talk about it. If they want to squash the rumor mill they should probably speak about it though otherwise people are going to be booing Leah, Larry, or the Dote dragster in general for no other reason then people making false assumptions.

Larry Dixon sounds like a dude I'd want to hang out with on weekends.

I could post this in any of the three open threads discussing this topic, but I picked this one...

Rather than get involved in trying to unravel the "he said, she said, she said..." web, I'll simply state that this is but another unfortunate example of the business side of the sport & I personally don't like it. I understand and accept that it is a business and people make business decisions based on their own personal needs and the needs of their team(s), but it always seems to be ugly from a fan's perspective.

I wish everyone involved nothing but happiness and success in the future.

Wow, can sure tell it is an election year, sounds like a lot of political mumbo jumbo. I don't know what to believe.

Would you want to say

"yeah I bought someone's seat"

not the best way to win fans.

It is known with the some of the part time teams, if you come with money you can usually take a seat

There are only a few drivers left who didn't bring some type of money to the table when they got their ride. People are acting like buying a seat is worse than having a STD. Get over it!

The days of earning a seat because of ability or winning at rock paper sissors are long gone. It's all about the money and it doesn't matter if your talking about taking a dive or buying a seat.

Some times seat buying works to the order of a sponsor saying.. i will come on and help out if you put driver "X" in the seat.... an d the driver finds out they have a ride coming.... drivers have been left out of the loop sometimes in these matters.... this wouldnt be the first time or the last if thats what happened....

having a "seat" in drag racing used to mean being able to build a car, or working with other guys who could...now it is as much about finding funding as building a car <shrug>

motor sports in general, and drag racing in particular, have never been like stick and ball sports, and getting a ride is almost never just about a person's skill as a driver

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back