Leah Pruett/Dote Racing (1 Viewer)

Don't know any of the players here. However, here's my .02. It's not like the Dote's car is lacking anything, other than a budget. Doesn't make them unique. I look forward to the day when people criticize me for not throwing more of my own money at my TF car while I look for sponsors.

IMO it's tough to find a sponsor when your car is always going out in the first round....

IMO it's tough to find a sponsor when your car is always going out in the first round....

ALWAYS? Correct me if I am wrong, but I do seem to remember that car going rounds last year at a couple of races. You are talking like you know what it is like to own a car and get a sponsor. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

ALWAYS? Correct me if I am wrong, but I do seem to remember that car going rounds last year at a couple of races. You are talking like you know what it is like to own a car and get a sponsor. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

They went to the semi's once, and that's it IIRC. Then they fired the only driver to get them there. How many round 1 victories did they have besides the semifinal appearance? Two?

Sorry, but just from observation as others have pointed out that car just isn't as powerful as some of the other teams.

It seems to me they don't want to spend the money to run it on "kill." They also don't want to spend the time to let a driver "gel" either.

"Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win."

Aryton Senna

"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."
Vince Lombardi

Last edited:
That car has only had one good driver. people need to understand how hard it is to compete in that class. Single car teams do not have the ability gain information like DSR or AJR, AJ basically is a 5 car team and they are all dragsters. DSR has 3 dragsters to get info from. Now lets talk about parts,DSR cars all run parts nobody else can buy like injectors, cylinder heads etc. AJ is the same deal they ran big valve heads before they were approved. To AJ's credit he will eventually sell them to customers.

Again, I don'r know the Dotes. But some of the comments on here are amazing. It's not even a worthwhile conversation at this point...:rolleyes:

Again, I don'r know the Dotes. But some of the comments on here are amazing. It's not even a worthwhile conversation at this point...:rolleyes:

I agree. They are good people living a dream. Leah will do a good job and maybe help land a sponsor some day. Seems like a can think of a lot more teams that are sidelined because they tried to run beyond their budget than teams like the Dote's, Creasy's, Bode's and others that are competitive but know there budget only stretched so far and they tune the car accordingly.

get real craig, the money wuld go to other teams especially if the :eek:suits were on board in glendora

u must b a force suck up, we need some more teams in the mix, NHRA is boring,, that change culd be done, with a little thought process,, may b asking to much of ur brain functions:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
u must b a force suck up, we need some more teams in the mix, NHRA is boring,, that change culd be done, with a little thought process,, may b asking to much of ur brain functions:eek:

Yes...new blood is always nice! But let's remember they are only running a partial schedule!

Just because you limit the number of cars on teams doesn't mean those sponsorship dollars spent on the eliminated teams would go elsewhere in NHRA. The sponsors buy in to what the teams have to offer, their ROI and activation potential. Those bigger teams have in house PR powerhouses that are able to do things with hospitality, press releases and other media that smaller teams have a hard time competing with as well. Helps make things look awfully attractive to potential sponsors, especially when money is so tight everywhere. Dunn and Grime Boss has been a prime example of activation and the way a company can really grow their name and sales through sponsorship, and with an independent team no less. But so has Traxxas with Force...

And think about this 2 team rule you're talking about. Split up DSR.. Okay, so now Don owns two cars, Tony owns two cars, his Daughter owns two cars, Johnny Gray owns two cars.. Everybody "buys" their parts from DSR, leases rigs and hospitality, crew chiefs and crews become employees of the respective owners, but still share info. DSR becomes a manufacturer and consulting firm for Top Fuel racing as well as fielding their two teams. But only for those specific umbrella teams and anybody else who ponies up enough cash.

What have you changed other than titles of ownership?

You never go to a race to lose, but there are realities of budget limitations. People pick and choose their battles, which is why you run 10 races trying to be competitive rather than all 24 trying to conserve every part. The Dote family car will be just fine. Everybody has their struggles. Racing is about persevering and finding what it takes to be competitive. When you don't have a million to spend on Alan Johnson consulting on your tune up, the struggles are just more apparent.

i will take anything different that changes the landscape, we may even get some good ole family squabbles imagine that !!:D i have nothing against the
mega operations, but it's the same ole circle jerk with same ole hands :rolleyes:

Just because you limit the number of cars on teams doesn't mean those sponsorship dollars spent on the eliminated teams would go elsewhere in NHRA. The sponsors buy in to what the teams have to offer, their ROI and activation potential. Those bigger teams have in house PR powerhouses that are able to do things with hospitality, press releases and other media that smaller teams have a hard time competing with as well. Helps make things look awfully attractive to potential sponsors, especially when money is so tight everywhere. Dunn and Grime Boss has been a prime example of activation and the way a company can really grow their name and sales through sponsorship, and with an independent team no less. But so has Traxxas with Force...

And think about this 2 team rule you're talking about. Split up DSR.. Okay, so now Don owns two cars, Tony owns two cars, his Daughter owns two cars, Johnny Gray owns two cars.. Everybody "buys" their parts from DSR, leases rigs and hospitality, crew chiefs and crews become employees of the respective owners, but still share info. DSR becomes a manufacturer and consulting firm for Top Fuel racing as well as fielding their two teams. But only for those specific umbrella teams and anybody else who ponies up enough cash.

What have you changed other than titles of ownership?

You never go to a race to lose, but there are realities of budget limitations. People pick and choose their battles, which is why you run 10 races trying to be competitive rather than all 24 trying to conserve every part. The Dote family car will be just fine. Everybody has their struggles. Racing is about persevering and finding what it takes to be competitive. When you don't have a million to spend on Alan Johnson consulting on your tune up, the struggles are just more apparent.

Nice post. Point well made. Not ugly. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back