Leah Pruett/Dote Racing (1 Viewer)

apparently is it hard to find a sponsor when your team wins as well. Look at the car Massey drove last year, look at fast jack as well.

Dean

Fram only left because their new CEO doesn't want to do any more auto racing ventures (clueless b@stard). Fast jack was sponsored by the boss's company for some races and last I heard Valvoline is coming back.

I know there are exceptions (very few) but for the most part, if you want to attract a major sponsor for a fuel deal, you need to be out there. You need to have the infrastructure in place. The Dotes, Laganas, Scott Palmer, and many others who don't run the full pull, are out there making an investment, and that gives them a chance of landing deals. The Laganas have gotten help, the Zizzos, etc. Unless you're related to or best buddies with a CEO willing to underwrite your deal, it's pretty tough to land a sponsor if you're not out there with a team in place. Look at the investment Bernstein made, 34 years ago. Would he have landed Bud if he went to their office with a rendering and said, "Here's what I'd like to do" ?

I know there are exceptions (very few) but for the most part, if you want to attract a major sponsor for a fuel deal, you need to be out there. You need to have the infrastructure in place. The Dotes, Laganas, Scott Palmer, and many others who don't run the full pull, are out there making an investment, and that gives them a chance of landing deals. The Laganas have gotten help, the Zizzos, etc. Unless you're related to or best buddies with a CEO willing to underwrite your deal, it's pretty tough to land a sponsor if you're not out there with a team in place. Look at the investment Bernstein made, 34 years ago. Would he have landed Bud if he went to their office with a rendering and said, "Here's what I'd like to do" ?

You make a good point mentioning Bernstein, I read somewhere where one of the big name guys said that sponsors like it if you are out there doing it allready.

You make a good point mentioning Bernstein, I read somewhere where one of the big name guys said that sponsors like it if you are out there doing it allready.

Makes sense ... it is a "safer" investment if a person already has the equipment, shop, team, recent results (good or bad) rather than a guy walking into a meeting trying to sell that he can turn nothing into something and everybody will be happy. It is also much cheaper to invest in existing teams than fund a startup.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back