Kurt Busch (3 Viewers)

Agreed. Also like someone else had mentioned, can you imagine someone treating Steve Evans or Dave Mac that way? I can not. Really puts it in perspective.

Agreed. Also like someone else had mentioned, can you imagine someone treating Steve Evans or Dave Mac that way? I can not. Really puts it in perspective.

I am sure some competitors have said nasty things over the years to Steve Evans and Dave Mac, whether it was out of frustration or sheer competitive will. As long as Steve and Dave were around the sport, it couldn't have been all sunshine and lollipops.

I am sure some competitors have said nasty things over the years to Steve Evans and Dave Mac, whether it was out of frustration or sheer competitive will. As long as Steve and Dave were around the sport, it couldn't have been all sunshine and lollipops.

And since their programs were all taped, there was plenty of time for apologies and careful editing to remove all the evidence. Not so in the YouTube era...

NASCAR should take BOTH of the Busch Bros. out, and tie um' up to the whipping post. Whip um' 50 lashes each, then pour salt water on their wounds.:p

Great discussion. This is where internet boards like nitromater can really serve a good purpose. Initially i thought kurt was being a hot head baby and unprofessional. But after reading alan and virgil i see the other side. Difficult issues usually have no good answers. This is one of them. Bit thanks for the mind opening conversation.
I remember reading an interview with loren micheals the producer/head of saturday night live. He was asked about mike meyers who had done something, like kurt, that many thought was inappropriate behavior. And he said that in his experience the more talented someone is the worse they are as human beings. Im sure thats not always the case but in my experience with highly creative people there is some truth in that.

Guys that was NOT an ESPN interview. It was Kurt waiting for one. He is Pissed about his car, he doesn’t want to talk, Jerry says can I get a minute? Kurt says OK. Then he is made to wait. And he is venting, not on camera (he thinks) but he is made to look bad.

If you had any idea how many of our drivers have told Gary G. “How F…ing long are you gonna make me stand here? You wouldn’t believe it. If I recorded everything that was said before and after an interview I could retire. But the people I work with trust me and I do the same with them. If I have a bad day and tell my friend that “my boss is the dumbest SOB and a blind monkey could do a better job” he knows I am blowing off steam, and he isn’t going to call my boss and tell him what I said. I GUARANTEE you that Dr. Punch, doesn’t hold a grudge against Kurt, he knows the pressures and the stresses Kurt is under that’s why he let him go. So he wouldn’t explode on camera and look bad to the world. I have many times, told guys “I’ll catch you later” and given them a chance to cool down. That’s what Jerry was doing for Kurt. And I’m sure Kurt has thanked him for it.

Have you ever slammed down a phone and said to yourself “that’s the dumbest F…ing guy on the planet” or read an email and said “Are these F…ing morons for real?

I ask you this, if I put a camera on you, at work, all day every day would you want me to pick out the part where you were blowing off steam to show the word what kind of person you are? I know I wouldn’t.

Alan

Your probably right Alan, but Kurt still is a jerk and so is his goofy looking brother.:D

Alan, he is a pr person for his sponsor and gets paid very well to do so. Sure he had a bad day but it comes with the job. If its to tough find another line of work.

And Kyle still hasnt won a title

I don't see how these 2 Busch guys keep their marketing partners sending money in. Pretty deploreable behavior time and time again. I'm sure their parents are bursting with pride on the fine young men they raised. LOL.

I think some of the posts on this thread are missing it. To each their own, of course.

There are a hundred Late model or Sprint car drivers who could take their place in a second and do just as well or better as far as driving is concerned and could crush the Busch brothers on the company spokesman part. I know Kyle's Busch is a pretty amazing driver and a consistant winner in Truck and Nationwide but hasn't been able to make it in Cup consistantly. Kurt's Busch has already come and gone in Cup.

Scelzi was right on the money with his outlook on this.

I will say again, I wouldn't want a camera in my office all day, every day and then let someone pick the part where I just ruined two hours worth of work by having a cutter break in the mill to show the world what kind of guy I am.

If your worst moment was caught of camera and put on youtube how would you feel?

Alan

If your worst moment was caught of camera and put on youtube how would you feel?

Alan

If this were his "worst" moment it might be understandable. Anybody who follows NASCAR knows it's run of the mill behavior for him and his brother. NASCAR fined him $50,000 for the outburst. Apparently, they didn't think much of it either.

With all the bashing lets keep in mind that the Busch Bros are the very reason people watch, cant wait for another. Kinda like when tennis had Connors and McEnroe.

With all the bashing lets keep in mind that the Busch Bros are the very reason people watch, cant wait for another. Kinda like when tennis had Connors and McEnroe.

Um...no. Most NNS and Truck races he's in I don't bother watching or DVR it. I know other people who also quit watching the trucks and NNS series' because of the cup driver domination. On the Cup side, if they weren't in the race, most wouldn't miss them. NASCAR was here long before they got here and will be here long after they're gone. If they ever realise that, they might change their attitudes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back