Kurt Busch (1 Viewer)

All time low for the Mater! NASCAR a leading dicussion on the NHRA board!:confused:

IT'S NASCAR! WHO CARES!!!!

In part, because NHRA pro-stock might be in his future if no sponsor steps up to the plate in NASCAR.

Man I am hoping.

But for the betterment of what Kurt want's to do with his racing career I think he best served staying in the circle track business.

Does Kurt Busch really need to bring a sponsor to the table, or just some of his money to align with a team.

Just wish the guy the best.

And Kyle????

I'm wondering if Kyle's been paying attention to what's happened to his brother? He was on pretty thin ice himself with the Hershey company because of his behavior this, and past, seasons.

I find this all highly ironic, in that it was a fistfight on national TV between Cale Yarbrough and the Allison brothers that essentially put NASCAR on the national sports map.

Good for Penske. Now Joe Gibbs needs to do the same with his brother. Go back to the Saturday night bull rings and get your a** beat the next time you give someone a cussing.:D

I think the time is coming sooner than later for his brother also...I predict before the season satrts..Who cares im sure both have enough cash to never work another day.

Justin, as always, you make a good point with the past champion's provisional. But there are two things that likely diminish the value of that to Kurt. 1) It can only be used 6 times in a season (I think), and 2) it is likely that Tony Stewart's car points may wind up in a car that Danica Patrick drives and Tony will use his past champion provisional for the races she runs next year. As most recent champion, I think he'll get first dibs at that qualification exemption.

Further, It seems to me (ignoring the spin Kurt put on the situation in his ESPN statement) that Penske and Dodge were pretty unified in cutting ties with Busch .... I'm not thinking that Dodge is going to be pushing their Mopar pro stock guys to put Busch in a competitive car anymore.

If Busch decides to race pro stock, he will probably need to be in a Chevy if he wants any factory support at all. Ford wants nothing to do with him, and I would be surprised if Dodge does right now.

6 max is correct. This is referred to as the Dale Jarrett rule from his days in the 44 UPS Toyota. Had to be altered.

It wasn't done because of Jarrett. It was called the Jarrett rule because he was the only past champion in a full time ride that was outside the top 35 due to being on a new start up team, so he was the only one it could really effect. It was done because of the influx of the new toyota teams, nascar was worried one of the start up teams would shuffle past champions through their team to keep a car in the field.

They actually discussed limiting the number of uses before, due to DW using it so many times in 1998.

I thought it would be time to tie two of the more popular current threads together...especially since Mr. Johnson has been participating in both of them.

Hey Alan, put Kurt in one of your cars!!!!

(I do so loves to stir up the s#!+)

Oh, and I was also going to nominate Pat Austin as one of the former champions that was headed to AJR for next year. Just to see if I could get a giggle from AJ.

SPEED is reporting Kurt Busch will replace AJ Allmendinger at Richard Petty Motorsports in the iconic number 43. That didn't take long for Kurt to land on his feet ...

PS Congrats to fellow 'Mater Amanda Smith-Speed as Scott Speed signed a 15 race cup deal for next season with Bob Leavine.

SPEED is reporting Kurt Busch will replace AJ Allmendinger at Richard Petty Motorsports in the iconic number 43. That didn't take long for Kurt to land on his feet ...

Damn! I find it hard to believe that I'll actually be rooting AGAINST the storied number 43 next year! :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back