Kurt Busch (1 Viewer)

Have a look at the links on the right and watch Kurt Busch Goes off on Jamie Little and Kurt Busch goes after reporter at Richmond. The guy is a total prick. I would never use Pennzoil, Shell, or have anything associated with Dodge for backing this *******. Same thing with is brother Kyle. No M&M's candy or Interstate Batteries here. I can not believe the amount of stupid things they do. You should hear Kurt's radio rants ALL year long. I'd feel like a p.o.s. after working with that guy and how he berates and belittles people on the radio. No wonder his crew chief left. I was all for him coming to NHRA and thought it was great he ran pro stock in gainsville earlier this year, but after all the stuff all year long he can stay where he's at. Between his rude arrogant treatment of EVERYONE and his brothers attempted murder on Ron Hornaday at the truck race in Texas, I'm amazed they are even still allowed to race. Lest we forget Kurt also gave the Phoenix sheriff the old "Don't you know who I am?" when he got pulled over for drunk driving after a practice saturday before the race. Jack Rousch sat his ass out the rest of the year for that and ironically his new car was the #2 sponsored by Miller Lite. I bet those guys were thrilled. I know other drivers have isolated incidents here and there and there are some "bad boys" of the sport, but my god, the list of things these brothers have been involved in are simply amazing. They both finished 11th and 12th in points this year and missed their chance to make the top 10 awards in Vegas. Sadly they still pocket more cash in a weekend than most will ever see in our lifetime.

Warning for language...

Kurt Busch Upset After Hitting The Wall At Pocono (Uncensored) - YouTube

Kurt Busch pissed off at Michigan 2011 from DirecTV Hotpass - YouTube

Kurt Busch Blames NASCAR for Ruining his Career - YouTube

Kurt Busch Furious At Dover (Uncensored) - YouTube

Start at about :45 seconds at this one to see how much he loves his crew.
Nascar Quotes: Cussing Special - YouTube

Kurt Busch Furious At Charlotte (Uncensored) - YouTube

After this he even won the damn race!
Kurt Busch Pissed Off during All-Star Race 2010 - YouTube

This is great too..
Uncensored Radio Chatter From Richmond (September) 2011 - YouTube

Last edited:
Oh how proud mama and papa must be of the 2 fine young men they've raised. It's a shame Jimmy Spencer isn't still around to make Kurt look like the pansy he is.

Busch Brothers = Douchebags

Oh how proud mama and papa must be of the 2 fine young men they've raised. It's a shame Jimmy Spencer isn't still around to make Kurt look like the pansy he is.

Busch Brothers = Douchebags

I agree....but I can kinda come to their defense a little. Just like in drag racing, Does espn need to stick a camera in your face when your not exactly interview ready? Yea it was unprofessional for him, but espn does cross the line alot on this and I think they got exactly what they always wanted.

Guys that was NOT an ESPN interview. It was Kurt waiting for one. He is Pissed about his car, he doesn’t want to talk, Jerry says can I get a minute? Kurt says OK. Then he is made to wait. And he is venting, not on camera (he thinks) but he is made to look bad.

If you had any idea how many of our drivers have told Gary G. “How F…ing long are you gonna make me stand here? You wouldn’t believe it. If I recorded everything that was said before and after an interview I could retire. But the people I work with trust me and I do the same with them. If I have a bad day and tell my friend that “my boss is the dumbest SOB and a blind monkey could do a better job” he knows I am blowing off steam, and he isn’t going to call my boss and tell him what I said. I GUARANTEE you that Dr. Punch, doesn’t hold a grudge against Kurt, he knows the pressures and the stresses Kurt is under that’s why he let him go. So he wouldn’t explode on camera and look bad to the world. I have many times, told guys “I’ll catch you later” and given them a chance to cool down. That’s what Jerry was doing for Kurt. And I’m sure Kurt has thanked him for it.

Have you ever slammed down a phone and said to yourself “that’s the dumbest F…ing guy on the planet” or read an email and said “Are these F…ing morons for real?

I ask you this, if I put a camera on you, at work, all day every day would you want me to pick out the part where you were blowing off steam to show the word what kind of person you are? I know I wouldn’t.

Alan

Guys that was NOT an ESPN interview. It was Kurt waiting for one. He is Pissed about his car, he doesn’t want to talk, Jerry says can I get a minute? Kurt says OK. Then he is made to wait. And he is venting, not on camera (he thinks) but he is made to look bad.

If you had any idea how many of our drivers have told Gary G. “How F…ing long are you gonna make me stand here? You wouldn’t believe it. If I recorded everything that was said before and after an interview I could retire. But the people I work with trust me and I do the same with them. If I have a bad day and tell my friend that “my boss is the dumbest SOB and a blind monkey could do a better job” he knows I am blowing off steam, and he isn’t going to call my boss and tell him what I said. I GUARANTEE you that Dr. Punch, doesn’t hold a grudge against Kurt, he knows the pressures and the stresses Kurt is under that’s why he let him go. So he wouldn’t explode on camera and look bad to the world. I have many times, told guys “I’ll catch you later” and given them a chance to cool down. That’s what Jerry was doing for Kurt. And I’m sure Kurt has thanked him for it.

Have you ever slammed down a phone and said to yourself “that’s the dumbest F…ing guy on the planet” or read an email and said “Are these F…ing morons for real?

I ask you this, if I put a camera on you, at work, all day every day would you want me to pick out the part where you were blowing off steam to show the word what kind of person you are? I know I wouldn’t.

Alan

Excellent points Alan! However this isn't exactly an isolated incident. How about lying about ever saying something and then tearing up the quote sheet in the media center during interviews? Really classy. All that after having to be restrained from going after another reporter after the race. There is ALWAYS someone watching and thanks to cell phone video cameras, always someone able to record anything at anytime. If it wasn't so uncalled for, Roger Penske wouldn't have said it's being dealt with internally, and both wouldn't have to have put out press releases apologizing today.

Kurt Busch tirade at Jerry Punch: UPDATES: During Sunday's Ford 400 at Homestead, analyst Jerry Punch tried to interview Kurt Busch after the driver was forced out of the race with transmission problems. What resulted was a profanity-laced tirade by Busch who didn't want to wait until the ESPN control booth threw it to Punch. In the end, Punch decided he had enough and walked away from Busch telling his producers, "never mind, never mind."(USA Today)(11-22-2011)
UPDATE: Penske Racing extends its apologies to Dr. Jerry Punch, our media partners and our sponsors and fans for Kurt Busch's inappropriate actions in Homestead on Sunday. These actions do not represent Penske Racing and are inconsistent with the company's standards for behavior, respect for others and professionalism. This matter is being reviewed internally with no further comment at this time.(Penske Racing)(11-22-2011)
UPDATE 2: Kurt Busch Statement: "Unfortunately, our result in the season-ending race at Homestead on Sunday was not what we had hoped for as a team. In my frustration with the loss of my transmission early in the race, I let my emotions get the better of me. I regret having done this and apologize to the sponsors of Penske Racing , to NASCAR, its fans, to the media and in particular, Dr. Jerry Punch."(Tom Roberts PR)(11-22-2011)

Also if you pay attention when the video starts Dr. Punch makes a comment about this issue possibly affecting Tony Stewart, then the get the F... out of my face was to the camera guy.. followed with the, it's still there.., after all the time he could have just said - "I decline comment" and walked away. It wouldn't have been the first time, and nobody had a gun to his head making him stand there.

Last edited:
I only posted this becasue myself, in a million years would never act that way. Walk away, decline comment, whatever.

If that is considered normal to any of you, sorry I wasted your time.

Last edited:
Class act. Most competitive person i have ever met other than me. Doesnt work well with others while pissed (like me) Bad time for camera and he did try to accomodate the dr. True competitor. Nuff said!

Dave,

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree at all. But had there not been a fan with a cell phone standing there and then deciding that he needed to show the word how cool he was having access this would not have even been a story. Kurt would have apologized to Dr. Punch just as he did (only privately instead of publically). Dr. Punch would have said, "I understand, no apology necessary" and the whole thing wouldn't be an issue.

Again I have been in the same situation many times, I understand the emotions of the moment, and it's not an issue.

Paul, you are correct, but he was asked to comment and he agreed, then he was made to wait. Had he got into the hauler he would be off limits, but Dr. Punch caught him and he said; "OK let's go" Then he was told; "well not yet, just wait until we're ready for you", that's what set him off.

Alan

Alan,

I sure credit you for being able to put up with your job and thank you for the great interviews you do! I know things like that happen... I wouldn't want to be the one to interview Cory Mac after a few of his losses -lol- I just don't know that I'd be able to deal with it so easily!

How many more times are we going to hear the standard boiler plate response.?

Penske Racing extends its apologies to Dr. Jerry Punch, our media partners and our sponsors and fans for Kurt Busch's inappropriate actions in Homestead on Sunday. These actions do not represent Penske Racing and are inconsistent with the company's standards for behavior, respect for others and professionalism. This matter is being reviewed internally with no further comment at this time.(Penske Racing)(11-22-2011)

OR

(Insert Race team name here) Racing extends its apologies to (Insert Name here), our media partners and our sponsors and fans for (Insert Driver Name here)inappropriate actions in (Insert race way here) on Sunday. These actions do not represent (Insert Race team name here) Racing and are inconsistent with the company's standards for behavior, respect for others and professionalism. This matter is being reviewed internally with no further comment at this time.((Insert Race team name here Racing)(Insert date here)

OR What it Should Be

Penske Racing extends its apologies to Dr. Jerry Punch, our media partners and our sponsors and fans for Kurt Busch's inappropriate actions in Homestead on Sunday. These actions do not represent Penske Racing and are inconsistent with the company's standards for behavior, respect for others and professionalism.

Kurt Busch has been relieved of his duties and contract without any further compensation. We wish Mr. Busch the best in his future endeavors. We will have no further comment at this time.(Penske Racing)(11-22-2011)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back