Kurt Busch (1 Viewer)

its lighting up tweeter and other places like mad.....

going back to it... while what Kurt did was way over the top and then some .. i still believe it was what ESPN wanted..problem is.. it just did not make it to air for themselves... and before some of you jump on me think back to how ESPN has "stirred the pot" in drag racing.... Force and the Peds... and the DSR FC driver deal... and many more.... there is a reporter that wrote a story on the kid who videoed the deal.. and in it he mentions how ESPN in the past has been known for going after drivers to make them look bad on air... included are Dale Sr, Waltrip and others... look up the Daly Report...

if not for the fact that Punch...off air.. but in the kids video .. made a comment to Kurt about his tranny breaking and going through Tony S's grill, i would have wrote it off as a stupid tirad by a Bush Bros.. you can look at the video at the pissed expression on Kurts face go to pure anger after being told that... IMO... ESPN knew it was gonna happen.. but just did not profit from it like they hoped.

not saying he (Kurt) did nothing wrong. but you pour gasoline on a camp fire your gonna get a explosion....

He wins races ... he will say all of the nicey-nice things he knows he is supposed to say ... he will make all of the apologies he knows he is supposed to make ... he will have a ride LONG before the first practice at Daytona in February.

He wins races ... he will say all of the nicey-nice things he knows he is supposed to say ... he will make all of the apologies he knows he is supposed to make ... he will have a ride LONG before the first practice at Daytona in February.
:rolleyes:Really ... he has won some races, but expectations are increasingly higher every season at the level he plays at.

He won the Cup in 2004 at Gibbs. That is awesome and something most drivers dream of but never get to experience. However, since then, its been less than stellar with top notch equipment (Gibbs / Penske).

He started driving for Penske in 2006 and has won only 10 races in 6 seasons with the team (10 wins in 216 races). Finishes in the series standings while at Penske includes 16th in 2006, 7th in 2007, 18th in 2008, 4th in 2009, 11th in 2010 and 2011.

I wouldn't say that makes him a highly coveted driver on everybody's wish list. Besides, there are no quality rides open for next season. And with the baggage he now carries (Fired twice for behavioral issues), he may have to wait for his next gig.

:rolleyes:Really ... he has won some races, but expectations are increasingly higher every season at the level he plays at.

He won the Cup in 2004 at Gibbs. That is awesome and something most drivers dream of but never get to experience. However, since then, its been less than stellar with top notch equipment (Gibbs / Penske).

He started driving for Penske in 2006 and has won only 10 races in 6 seasons with the team (10 wins in 216 races). Finishes in the series standings while at Penske includes 16th in 2006, 7th in 2007, 18th in 2008, 4th in 2009, 11th in 2010 and 2011.

I wouldn't say that makes him a highly coveted driver on everybody's wish list. Besides, there are no quality rides open for next season. And with the baggage he now carries (Fired twice for behavioral issues), he may have to wait for his next gig.

He won that championship with Roush.

I think this is a perfect scenario for him to take a step back and straighten himself out. He also was divorced this year, and it's hard not to think that his attitude goes beyond the racetrack.

If he didn't think that their performance was to his level, then he will really have to decide if getting in a B or C level ride is worth it to him. He's got a Cup to his name, which can't be taken away, and that still will carry him for a while - IF he doesn't burn every bridge he comes near.

I am really shocked that Joe Gibbs puts up with this type of behavior from his little brother. They should both be sent packing. Shows me once again what a class operation Penske runs.

He may well have a ride, but I will bet it won't be as good as what he had with Penske.

He may well have a ride, but I will bet it won't be as good as what he had with Penske.

That is probably true. But it will only be for one season ... think Kasey Kahne at Red Bull or Brad Keselowski at Finch. He will be back with a contender in '13 (provided he keeps his trap shut).

And for those that say he "only" won 10 races in the last 6 seasons at Penske, how many drivers won more than that? Not very many. 10 is more than Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr won combined. Kurt Busch also won a Bud Shootout at Daytona, Twin 125's at Daytona at least once and an All-Star race at Charlotte. Not a bad run at Penske, and if he wasn't a PR jackass, they wouldn't have been looking to replace him.

Kurt Busch is a guy who has made mistakes. Not Michael Vick, Leonard Little, or Dante Stallworth, or Gene Snow.

It's times like these I wish people had the same passion for seeing Kurt Busch go down as they should for the real criminals in this world.

Kurt Busch is a guy who has made mistakes. Not Michael Vick, Leonard Little, or Dante Stallworth, or Gene Snow.

It's times like these I wish people had the same passion for seeing Kurt Busch go down as they should for the real criminals in this world.
Busch allegedly drove drunk in Maricopa County, Ariz, which is why Roush fired him. Thats pretty criminal.

10 is more than Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr won combined.

Gordon has won 12 cup races and three Gatorade Duels in that time span.

Roush fired Busch for the way he treated the cops that arrested him for DUI as much as for the DUI itself.

The ESPN thing was the final straw for Penske. Busch has been treating his crew and others at Penske like crap for years, and they finally had enough. If they hadn't fired him, it would have been interesting to see who they would have been able to coerce into serving as his crew chief.

Gordon has won 12 cup races and three Gatorade Duels in that time span.

I forgot about 2007 when Gordon had an awesome year. Other than that, til this season, wins were few and far between for Gordon.

My point still stands, not many Cup drivers have won as much as Kurt Busch since 2006, and someone will hire him.

Chris.. i agree someone will hire him... some might be suprised who also....

On Speed while ago they reported than the crew of the 22 car were suprised he was let go.. they had been backing him and behind him the whole time...

Easy domino to fall is David Ragan to the 22. But, what about longshot musical chairs: AJ Almendinger? Just a thought. Logical step for Kurt is his brothers truck team or his brothers new Nationwide venture. But nothing about the Busch's has ever been logical. He may just sit out until something breaks in 2012.

Hope Kurt gets some help from the Psychiatrist. He and brother Kyle are hard to like, and sponsors want someone that fans can like. I can honestly say I have never been in a pressure cooker situation like either Kurt or Kyle deal with, but all the rest of the drivers out there are in that same pressure cooker, and it is their chosen profession. Being in the spotlight and losing privacy goes with the territory. Cell phone videos though should be outlawed or at least prevented by YouTube from being posted without prior screening. I know this is an infringement of someone's rights, but I feel like it is about the same as illegally taping a phone conversation. I feel bad for Kurt. Not so much for his brother Kyle. Never liked him, but when Kurt got involved in Drag Racing, I thought it was cool. Maybe this release from NASCAR will push him into a season or more in NHRA. He no longer has any conflicts in schedules, right?

The Almendinger scenario sounds REAL attractive.

He is really maturing in NASCAR.

AND he's a helluvan INDYCAR driver.

Penke-Indy-Indy- Penske .

Oh yea, and Scelzi in the vacant AJR seat - but oh, that's Drag Racing we're now talking. What it doin' here?

Unless there's an 11th hour miracle, I feel Kurt's career is on life support right now. He can go on ESPN and tell the world he'll be running the 2012 season or what have you. But, the reality is all the top notch championship quality rides are taken. Furthermore, Kurt's burnt bridges with 2 of the most well known and respected owners in racing, Jack Roush and Roger Penske. He's also burnt bridges with sponsors, most noteably Crown Royal, Miller Lite, and Shell/Pennzoil. In this era of racing sponsors are crucial to a teams very existence. And in Nascar racing, sponsors have a lot more to say about who drives "their" car than the owner. And that philosophy/reality has expanded to NHRA as well. The sponsor side of this matter is considerably more crucial. There are fewer and fewer fully funded teams in Cup racing, and racing in general. Nascar is losing more sponsors than they are attracting. Top level teams are closing their doors, multi-car teams are contracting, and team personel are being laid off. What's worse for Kurt is that if he wants to remain a viable entity, he can't afford to sit on the sidelines and wait to land that big fish. How many NHRA racers have tried this approach and failed miserably? This means he has to land a full time ride that isn't a start & park effort. Stepping down to a NNS or Truck team is an option, but there are even fewer quality full time deals available. If Kurt wanted to try NHRA for a year this might be a good opportunity. However, once again that ugly issue of sponsorship comes into play. I'm sure Allen Johnson would be more than happy to put Kurt behind the wheel of one of his Avengers. But, who's gonna pay for it? Is AJ gonna pay out of pocket? Nothing personal, but I doubt it. And given that Kurt is in the proceedings of a divorce, I can't see him shelling out money from his own account to pay for a ride. A Cup championship can only take you so far; case in point, 2003 Winston Cup Champion Matt Kenseth, essentially sponsorless for 2012.

You guys havent mentioned one major deal, and one reason Kurt will always have a ride if he wants one. Not saying its going to be a great one, but he will always have one.

He's a past champion. He gets a champions provisional. So it doesnt matter, he's guaranteed a spot in the field. Thats worth a ton of money to any team.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back