Kurt Busch (3 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

posted on other site.

Neely vs Busch
.071 vs .041
10.006 vs 10.10

They showed his run during the broadcast, but didn't mention numbers or if he won or lost. It looked like he left hard and then gradually slowed down, but that could be a TV perception on my part.

What a cool car! Let's hope he doesn't get the super gas fever and cut the top off the thing.

They showed his run during the broadcast, but didn't mention numbers or if he won or lost. It looked like he left hard and then gradually slowed down, but that could be a TV perception on my part.

They showed his time trial during the broadcast-eliminations in SG weren't run until after the pros were over.

Kinda' interesting car there.

Super Gas has some of the neatest rides. I like the variety but, I don't care for throttle stops and the rot.

Are the specs listed anywhere?

Saw some photos and wondered if that was an old Alcohol Funny Car motor - i.e. 16 Spark plugs? He said they were - at-some-point - hoping for a 7 second pass.....

It's a Gen 3 HEMI. It is also a street car. He was tuning it with the waste gate. Really cool car, not the best S/G combo but he was having fun, and just being a "regular" guy.

Alan

It's a Gen 3 HEMI. It is also a street car. He was tuning it with the waste gate. Really cool car, not the best S/G combo but he was having fun, and just being a "regular" guy.

Alan

Totally agree with it not being a great S/G combo (he knows it too).....he said that he expected the other competitors to kill him on the tree because he has to get the boost up on the turbo.

I liked his enthusiasm. Didn't he say he purchased the car off eBay?

Lots of hands-on wrenchin. Think he may have the bug.

Alan

And having fun (and winning of course) is what it's all about in the sportsmen classes. I saw the stats for his first round loss-it looked like it was a close race. Were the E.T.s off because the two drivers were womping it at the top end or did Kurt miss the tune up?

I like his attitude and I now have someone to root for in that other series. I hope we see a lot of him.

Not trying to kick Kurt out of S/G, but I've been wondering; if Kurt's Challenger is making all that H.P. (1100+), would it be more suited for Comp. Eliminator? Especially if his goal is to run in the 7's.

At face value I was wondering "why Super Gas" at his first race and no practice, but when he stated they hit a .902 on their second pass I was amazed.
I have been very impressed with the way he has carried himself with the NHRA. He looks so relaxed and looks like he's genuinely having fun. You'd expect a "holier than thou" attitude from a millionaire fromer Sprint Cup Champ NASCAR driver, but he seemed just like one of the guys and he really downplayed the money he sepent as just a passion to have fun with his buddies. I loved the dually and tag trailer setup. No motorhome, they hoteled it.
I have gained a tremendous amount of respect for Kurt through this entire process. He never asked for a handout, he worked his ass off to make it happen. Ok, maybe he did ask for 1 thing and that was if the NHRA would let him compete....LOL
GO #210

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back