Kurt Busch In Gainesville? (2 Viewers)

yes they should open it to everyone and run sportsman qualifing on wednesday and one or to rounds thrusday the rest on friday and saturday finals on sunday. would up car count and bring in more money hopefully.

John,

I have to chime in on your post. As an avid D1 sportsman racer I read the rules set forth by NHRA. They require me to have a certain number of races under my belt before I can run i nthe BIG SHOW! I took a whole season and travelled, spending thousands of dollars and accumulating said grade points. A lot of blood, sweat and tears go into these points and they shouldn't be taken lightly or misunderstood. As it is now, most NHRA events start parking on Wednesday, 2 TT's on Thursday, RD1 Fri, Rd's 2&3 Saturday Night and finals on Sunday night. That is a LONG time to be at the track and quite frankly, most people cannot do it unless they are independantly wealthy or their respective situation allows it.
Sportsman racers earn their right to compete at National Events, however in a case like Kurt Busch, I agree with the proponents on this one, however I believe they should simply add an entry for S/G. So if they were capped at 80, make it 81 to allow him in. This way, a deserving SG racer won't be shut out.

John,
Sportsman racers earn their right to compete at National Events, however in a case like Kurt Busch, I agree with the proponents on this one, however I believe they should simply add an entry for S/G. So if they were capped at 80, make it 81 to allow him in. This way, a deserving SG racer won't be shut out.

Pete - without fanfare or a public statement so as not to be setting a precedent, the addition of a spot is most likely the way it would be done.

I have already given my views in a previous post on how the schedule can be improved.

hey pete just wanted to answer your post and virgil's. i just through wed. to sun. out there to see what anyone thought. i have a s/gas car and have never raced at a national race and you are right to long and costly for most sportsman. i am all for kurt to race just thought comp would be more fair to the racers who have gained points. don't know if a person has to have a number of points to run in comp.

How many SG racers have at least 4 Grade pts to run the Gator's anyway? I'm with Pete, if they were allowing say 100, allow one more so that another local racer doesn't get booted!

John,

I have to chime in on your post. As an avid D1 sportsman racer I read the rules set forth by NHRA. They require me to have a certain number of races under my belt before I can run i nthe BIG SHOW! I took a whole season and travelled, spending thousands of dollars and accumulating said grade points. A lot of blood, sweat and tears go into these points and they shouldn't be taken lightly or misunderstood. As it is now, most NHRA events start parking on Wednesday, 2 TT's on Thursday, RD1 Fri, Rd's 2&3 Saturday Night and finals on Sunday night. That is a LONG time to be at the track and quite frankly, most people cannot do it unless they are independantly wealthy or their respective situation allows it.

Well said Pete. As a SG racer myself, I can see nothing but good coming from Kurt's foray into SG. And I, too, am really happy to see a "Big Name" coming into the sport who is willing to start in the sportsman ranks. If Kurt gets a "provisional" (as long as it's not at the expense of someone who has earned the grade points) I think it will be great. And SG certainly will get more coverage! Just look at the hoo haw over the Arca race and Danica. Should be interesting to follow.

Reminds me of when Michael Jordon retired from basketball to play baseball. He didn't start at rookie ball or A he got to play AA without ever proving himself while some player who had worked hard his whole life stayed in A ball because Jordon was a big draw. Remember how well that worked out?

Reminds me of when Michael Jordon retired from basketball to play baseball. He didn't start at rookie ball or A he got to play AA without ever proving himself while some player who had worked hard his whole life stayed in A ball because Jordon was a big draw. Remember how well that worked out?

It worked out quite well for the team he was playing for and the teams that his team visited, as they all enjoyed an attendance boost and financial gains from him being there and trying. These financial gains probably allowed the teams to increase the number of players they carried, or increase salaries, or amenities, or ..............

When a player shows talent and determination, he will get his/her chance to shine and to become the star attraction.

Any heard the numbers on the ARCA event at Daytona saturday night?.. ESPN is reporting that the Danica hype increased viewership by over 50% highest ever rated ARCA event on SPEED.... and she only finished 7th....

Billy

It worked out quite well for the team he was playing for and the teams that his team visited, as they all enjoyed an attendance boost and financial gains from him being there and trying. These financial gains probably allowed the teams to increase the number of players they carried, or increase salaries, or amenities, or ..............

When a player shows talent and determination, he will get his/her chance to shine and to become the star attraction.

Hey Virgil,
Have you ever, do you now, or would you consider being involved with PRO leadership..............
Your common sense and logic would seemingly serve the sport in a big way. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back