Kalitta Air on Mythbusters (1 Viewer)

If you saw the show you would have seen the 2 second clip where they showed the asphalt piling up behind the 747.

I wonder if anyone thought about using one of Connie's jets to do a real life wind tunnel tests on new TF aerodymic ideas?

The car and bus were tossed around much better than those in the film Twister, maybe the the best special effect ever. The asphalt that was seen was minor damage, in time much more would peel up, tossing it toward the tail section of plane, a very expensive tail. Wonder what the air speed was hitting that car and bus ?

The car and bus were tossed around much better than those in the film Twister, maybe the the best special effect ever. The asphalt that was seen was minor damage, in time much more would peel up, tossing it toward the tail section of plane, a very expensive tail. Wonder what the air speed was hitting that car and bus ?

When this was originally filmed, somebody was there filming it with their own camera. They posted a "spy" video on youtube and someone on here posted a link to it. I've looked several times but cant seem to find the video.... I'm sure they took it down. (or youtube took it down)

Anyway.... in that spy video you could see HUGE sheets of asphalt flying through the air. They looked like they could have been maybe 20 feet by 20 feet.... or even bigger!

I have the whole segment captured onto my computer. All the other stuff on the show has been cut out so it's just the Kalitta Air segment, start to finish. I can't post it on youtube for 2 reasons... It's against their rules to post TV shows and it also said the video length is to long. If someone didn't get to see it but would like to let me know. I could either set it up for you to download (from my own host) or put it onto a DVD for you.

I saw recently that KITTY HAWK AIR a former Kalitta biz was in financial problems and in bankruptcy. At least I don't think the Kalitta's own it anymore.

I thought I read somewhere that Connie got out of that biz when the board of directors (or something like that) started making bad decisions. He basically took his ball and went home. Shortly after that he started Kalitta Air by himself.... NO other people to tell him what to do. He seems to be doing just fine now! :)

I could be completely wrong but I thought this is what I read anyway.

Nice job Terry.. however I see you haven't been paying attention to the Mator "RULES" They have a COUNTDOWN SYSTEM ... yes is sorta like the NHRA system.. and so no one looks like "THEY" are better or more active than the rest of us, NITROMATER.. RESETS THE POST COUNT :D every 6 mos... just to keep a level playing field... (its only fair) Nitormator is doing the Right Thing... so bottom line..."I Have The Same Mator Creds As You":rolleyes:
John, thanks for the explanation--I understand completely now. And I am sure that this new procedure will bring more viewers and fans to the board, an increase in sponsorship dollars for Nitromater, and generally take Nitromater to a whole new level. Am I right?

Connie has nothing to do with Kitty Hawk. He sold that business many, many years ago.

That's right. There was alot of money, assets & tax liability shuffled, moved, transfered, re-allocated - which also included TransContinental (which Scott ran for a while), MGM Grand and American International Airways. I too am glad Conrad was able to resurrect the heavy jet business after all that. That's when Doug took over the 135 operation, too.

As long as you got me wound up... ya'll have heard the story about Connie single-handedly foiling a hijack attempt & beating the crap out of some guy don't ya? And any B747 you see in most movies - is usually one of his. On September 12, 2001 the first non-military aircraft in the air was Connie's.
Desert Storm/Desert Shield troop & supply support was another huge undertaking for him.
Flying race horses and wildlife/zoo alimal relocation was another lucrative market Connie really mastered. Basically anything that needed to be flown - but other people said it couldn't be done, or was too dangerous.... Connie was that guy who always got it done.

Didn't Connie get in some trouble once for not having a co-pilot? If I recall correctly they were gonna write him up and he basically said something like "you might as well write up another one while you're at it because I'm leaving without one too". :D

As long as you got me wound up... ya'll have heard the story about Connie single-handedly foiling a hijack attempt & beating the crap out of some guy don't ya?

Nope, lets hear it. I'm sure it's a good one!! :D

I have heard about most of those stories including the story that Brent mentioned above but never heard the hijack story.

The hijack story is a classic. I can't recall all the details....and this may not be 100% accurate, ,but I *think* it also involved Scott's wife?? She was like the only one in the office when the guy came in with a knife and just by chance the worst possible person in the world you'd want to meet walked in. LOL! Needless to say, She was unhurt, nothing got damaged... and Connie wound up holding the knife!!!!

Last edited:
Dude that was impressive..and "BUSTER" got F$%k'D UP!!

...and WOW IS KARI on MYTHBUSTERS JUST ABSOLUTLY HOT OR WHAT????:eek:

Nice job Terry.. however I see you haven't been paying attention to the Mator "RULES" They have a COUNTDOWN SYSTEM ... yes is sorta like the NHRA system.. and so no one looks like "THEY" are better or more active than the rest of us, NITROMATER.. RESETS THE POST COUNT :D every 6 mos... just to keep a level playing field... (its only fair) Nitormator is doing the Right Thing... so bottom line..."I Have The Same Mator Creds As You":rolleyes:

Very funny boss. Now I know why you are the BOSS !!!:D:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back