Kalitta Air on Mythbusters (1 Viewer)

and it was way cool! Anybody else see the Kalitta segment? Man that 747 was impressive!

That was done up north at thier maintenance base. What's unfortunate is, Ben said the Air people put this all together this summer without the Racing folks' knowledge. It would have been cool to combine it with the race cars and run a Mythbusters paint job on one of the cars & have them in the pits at a race.

That was done up north at thier maintenance base. What's unfortunate is, Ben said the Air people put this all together this summer without the Racing folks' knowledge. It would have been cool to combine it with the race cars and run a Mythbusters paint job on one of the cars & have them in the pits at a race.

And then, maybe the Mythbusters could have busted the MYTH that everybody loved the countdown.:rolleyes::D

And then, maybe the Mythbusters could have busted the MYTH that everybody loved the countdown.:rolleyes::D

Myth Busted. Doug Kalitta does in fact have his pilots license. If in fact the 747 sits in place at full throttle for more than a brief time it will melt and blow away the runway, or whatever it sits on.

Hey, I just realized I am over 1000 posts...does this help out my mater cred????

Nice job Terry.. however I see you haven't been paying attention to the Mator "RULES" They have a COUNTDOWN SYSTEM ... yes is sorta like the NHRA system.. and so no one looks like "THEY" are better or more active than the rest of us, NITROMATER.. RESETS THE POST COUNT :D every 6 mos... just to keep a level playing field... (its only fair) Nitormator is doing the Right Thing... so bottom line..."I Have The Same Mator Creds As You":rolleyes:

Nice job Terry.. however I see you haven't been paying attention to the Mator "RULES" They have a COUNTDOWN SYSTEM ... yes is sorta like the NHRA system.. and so no one looks like "THEY" are better or more active than the rest of us, NITROMATER.. RESETS THE POST COUNT :D every 6 mos... just to keep a level playing field... (its only fair) Nitormator is doing the Right Thing... so bottom line..."I Have The Same Mator Creds As You":rolleyes:

Now.....that's entertainment!!! :D

POST OF THE DAY!!!

Timmah....<-----hoping to break into the Mater Countdown, Post like crazy during the off season, only then to have my computer crash in the final two races...:mad:

I saw recently that KITTY HAWK AIR a former Kalitta biz was in financial problems and in bankruptcy. At least I don't think the Kalitta's own it anymore.

I mean if it sat there for 5 min. or so, it would destroy what ever was behind and under it, they ran the engines up, filmed quickly and throttled down, until the next car was put in position.

If you saw the show you would have seen the 2 second clip where they showed the asphalt piling up behind the 747.

I wonder if anyone thought about using one of Connie's jets to do a real life wind tunnel tests on new TF aerodymic ideas?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back