Just got a text from the track that Brittney Force just crash bad. (1 Viewer)

It shows on the ladder that she won. And I don't think 2nd round has started yet. Hope it isn't true. :(

It was Brittany. She got totally out of shape and had a scary ride. Word from Alan on All Access is that she was alert and conscious, taken to the hospital to be checked out. John's supposedly at the track prepping for his 1st round run so that's a good sign.

It shows on the ladder that she won. And I don't think 2nd round has started yet. Hope it isn't true. :(
She hit the wall and crossed the center line, she was DQ'd. She is at the hospital getting checked out.

Wasn't that a brand new chassis built this off season? I think it is a Schumacher chassis shop build.

At first view it didn't look real bad but that smack to the left wall was brutal. I bet her bell got rung pretty good.

Is there any reason why tracks can't implement something like the SAFER barriers that they use in Nascar? Might be time to look into something like that.

Is there any reason why tracks can't implement something like the SAFER barriers that they use in Nascar? Might be time to look into something like that.
Besides the cost there could be problems. I have not seen the NASCAR soft walls in person. But based on pictures and knowledge of foam panels here is my opinion

The barriers appear to extend 2 to 3 feet into the racing surface. So to add a barrier on each side reduces the racing surface width by 6 feet. If a car gets out of the groove they sometime drift to the wall without actually hitting it. Less room for these non accidents.

The material appears to be extruded polystyrene. They look like the color is blue. If that it is the Styrofoam brand from Dow Chemical. Extruded polystyrene will break into pieces. So a car brushing against against it may require down time to fix the soft barrier. With a concrete wall most of the time it doesn't require any wall repair. And delaying the race. Where cars now slide down a wall the foam might grab the car causing it to spin or flip.

The barriers appear to extend 2 to 3 feet into the racing surface. So to add a barrier on each side reduces the racing surface width by 6 feet. If a car gets out of the groove they sometime drift to the wall without actually hitting it. Less room for these non accidents.

Okay so move the damn walls back by 3 feet or whatever is required! What a simple fix!

From what Tony and Dave said. The accident was driver error. While I am not sure what they could do to the walls to make them safer. I am thankful for the technology that is put into the cars now to make them safer. Get well soon Brittany

Okay so move the damn walls back by 3 feet or whatever is required! What a simple fix!
??? o_O So cars heading for the wall can be going that much faster prior to impact? Yes, it might prevent some of the side slaps but think of all the head-on or sharp angle wall impacts, this would NOT be a good idea.

Looks to me like driver error. She didn't let the car straighten up. All I can say is, "welcome to the club." Her sisters have gone through this before and her dad, countless times and the crash in Dallas almost ended his career. It's all in the will to win. Too bad she didn't know Haddock smoked them at the start. I swear they need to put side view mirrors on these cars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back