Just got a text from the track that Brittney Force just crash bad. (1 Viewer)

SAFER barriers line the full perimeter of NASCAR race tracks, even on the straightaways. Their drivers will never hit a concrete wall again.

Dave, Really? On a couple of super speedways that is "nearly" the case, but I think it might be wise to fact check yourself. And you do understand that they have no clue where a bad wreck is likely to happen at a super speedway right?/Jeff

Dave, Really? On a couple of super speedways that is "nearly" the case, but I think it might be wise to fact check yourself. And you do understand that they have no clue where a bad wreck is likely to happen at a super speedway right?/Jeff

Since I follow NASCAR I have fact checked myself. Watch the Daytona 500, you will not see part of the outside wall without the SAFER barrier on it. I understand that the drivers have hit enough walls that were unprotected that NASCAR made the effort to cover all walls except for the pit road wall. The real sticking point was Kyle Busch shattering his leg at Daytona in 2015 on a concrete wall. I would challenge you to find a 2018 track that has exposed concrete walls. Even the road course at Watkins Glen has SAFER barriers. Not entirely but the rest is tire barriers or something that gives. All superspeedways. Not nearly.

Phoenix - the SAFER never stops...
nascar-sprint-cup-championship-jimmie-johnson-carl-edwards-joey-logano-kyle-busch-ftr-1.jpg

Homestead - the SAFER never stops
hms_nscs_checkered_2_112016.jpg

Tiny Martinsville - the SAFER never stops
lat-lepage-161030-mrt_6199.jpg

Talladega backstretch - SAFER never stops.
maxresdefault.jpg

So you meant never hit a concrete OUTSIDE wall? and you excepted a number of miles of walls at the road courses? and you only meant certain tracks on which the Monster series runs .... demonstrative statements just don't mean what they used to Dave. I bet you there are 30 or more MILES of concrete walls at Monster series tracks that don't have safer barriers covering them. But sure, your original statement was correct....hah. Sure they covered the most of super speedway tracks and the outsides of the flat tracks .... I knew that before my first response. Please continue your research beyond the obvious. I'll wait to see if Gibbs still has the plans for some carb tricks from back in the day for my wife's nitrous car.....

There's no wall at the Bonneville Salt Flats, and people still get hurt and killed there. I don't know what that's supposed to mean - but I just thought of it.

There's no wall at the Bonneville Salt Flats, and people still get hurt and killed there. I don't know what that's supposed to mean - but I just thought of it.
Great point! It means that, no matter what, speed can be dangerous. And, I would say many safety measures create new variables. For example, the driver canopy deflecting debris but possibly making it harder to pull out a driver. At Bonneville, one would think it would be pretty tough to get hurt, with nothing to hit. But, the flip side is, maybe having walls to contain a car, absorb energy, and slow it down can avoid a bad outcome. It's all very situational, and there are no 100% guarantees.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back