JFR's SEMA anoucment? (1 Viewer)

1. Assuming it's not Ford.
2. Some shop is building bodies
3. Sure are a lot of great cameras in cell phones these days.

If you know what I mean...

GM should step up and put JFR in Camaro bodies. it was one of the first generation of funny car bodies and would bring legions of fans with it. The Pro Stock Camaro is already dominating so why not hook up with the most visable driver and get a nitro Camaro back out there?

GM should step up and put JFR in Camaro bodies. it was one of the first generation of funny car bodies and would bring legions of fans with it. The Pro Stock Camaro is already dominating so why not hook up with the most visable driver and get a nitro Camaro back out there?
Whoever the manufacture may or may not be, they will be paying pennies on the dollar vs. what Ford was giving him. He had a sweet deal with Ford. Don't be surprised if the new deal (if there is one) is only for bodies and support vehicles.

It would be really awesome if it was a manufacturer that never had a funny car before. *Hint*Cadillac*Hint.*

As long as it's not Honda LOL.....

It would be really awesome if it was a manufacturer that never had a funny car before. *Hint*Cadillac*Hint.*

ZacharyEldoLaunch.jpg

The problem, and a major one at that, is that all of the new bodies look pretty much the same..
From the stands, they all look alike, so who are the manufacturers identifying with?
It would be nice to see the body line requirements change to reflect the body of the car they are representing.

Doh! Forgot about the Dale Creasy one - but did it ever come to fruition?

And Kudos to Jay for posting that nostalgia FC pic - that one is completely unfamiliar to me. Who raced it?

This is such a worn-out topic. Today's FCs are going 30MPH faster in the 1/8 than the Vegas, Pintos, Monzas that we all loved were running in 1320 ft. You can't have FCs running 320+ in 1000 ft with a stock appearing body.

This is such a worn-out topic. Today's FCs are going 30MPH faster in the 1/8 than the Vegas, Pintos, Monzas that we all loved were running in 1320 ft. You can't have FCs running 320+ in 1000 ft with a stock appearing body.
I'm not sure about that almost every car built now are tested in wind tunnel settings so I would say a body could look pretty much like the car make the rear portion would probably be a same through all makes.

While the Dale Creasy one is cool looking, can one of our artists modernize it? The windshield and roof are all wrong, too much frontal area, and of course it needs the huge rear spoiler/ spill plates.

Gene Snow built a pro mod using a modern Cadillac coupe body. I'm not sure why but he lost interest in it. Something to do with a rule change I think. Anyway it just sits in his shop about 80% finished. It's very slick.

I think Snow was planning on running an A/Fuel engine combo in it. Not sure if it's allowed in any PM series', but I think it should be. And it should also be allowed in TAFC. IMO.

I think Snow was planning on running an A/Fuel engine combo in it. Not sure if it's allowed in any PM series', but I think it should be. And it should also be allowed in TAFC. IMO.
I think they tried that when it was allowed in the dragsters I could be wrong though.

If JFR, or any team for that matter, were to be bringing a GM, Kia, Honda, Tesla, or another body to the party for 2015 they would have had to have begun development and testing a long, long time ago. My gut says that the Mustangs are on the chassis for the start of the season with or without Ford support.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back