Is Ray Alley still the crew chief? (1 Viewer)

It's funny you should mention that Jay... When I did all of Baca's Alcohol renderings, I would put "YOUR COMPANY HERE" or "SPONSOR NEEDED" and he would just laugh and make me change it... I guess I had the right idea, just the wrong customer... ;)
WHO KNEW!! I thought it would work...
Thanks for making me feel better... THANKS!!:D

LOL...It works, bro....

No prob...LOL

The range I heard a couple years ago from one person (who's probably reading this, hello, :) ) was $600,000 to $4.5 million. I consulted a few team owners, again pertaining to something I was working on, and came up with an average of $3 million then.

The range I heard a couple years ago from one person (who's probably reading this, hello, :) ) was $600,000 to $4.5 million. I consulted a few team owners, again pertaining to something I was working on, and came up with an average of $3 million then.

$600,000 to $4,500,000 is a huge range...lol

In a perfect world, you are making a good living at $3,000,000...To run one of these cars well, ONCE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING, and testing every Monday that you can, you will spend a bit over $2,200,000...A lot of this of course, depends on your crew chief...There are a few making BIG, BIG dollars...Mostly though, my understanding is that once you take Austin, Bernie, Prock, and Medlen from JFR, and Alan Johnson out of the mix, base salaries are in the $120,000-$180,000 range, plus a piece of the prize money....Of course, all of the deals out there are a bit different...

Those ranges are for two different teams.

I also heard of examples of lower budget owners doing better P.R. work and having more satisfied sponsors and the other way around for at least one high dollar/high profile operation that wasn't around for long. Their "different ends of the spectrum" budgets did NOT equate into "different ends of the spectrum" performances on the track.

I've been saying it all along...and I take my coffee black,no sugar
David
You are right, you did say it on post # 149
However I have been saying it since post #s 99 & 122
So I do apolgize because your posts have always been very good... But I waited a long time before I posted on this matter, as I am sure you did to...:D No sugar??:eek:

Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime.........

the best time to look for a job is when you have one............

drivers don't matter much anymore , the crew chiefs drive these cars..
they are the stars.....not the J.R.Todds. no offense to him.

Drivers are a dime a dozen. Crew Chiefs, on the other hand.....

knowledge is power......

this is the information age...........

get over it folks. if someone wants to pay me more money and get me to leave my current job, I ain't gonna say , well , I really should wait until the end of the fiscal year because that would be better for my current employer...

I don't see anything wrong. Competing for talent is what good companies do, and KB is running a company.

Now, how many days till Gainesville :cool:

Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime.........

the best time to look for a job is when you have one............

drivers don't matter much anymore , the crew chiefs drive these cars..
they are the stars.....not the J.R.Todds. no offense to him.

Drivers are a dime a dozen. Crew Chiefs, on the other hand.....

knowledge is power......

this is the information age...........

get over it folks. if someone wants to pay me more money and get me to leave my current job, I ain't gonna say , well , I really should wait until the end of the fiscal year because that would be better for my current employer...

I don't see anything wrong. Competing for talent is what good companies do, and KB is running a company.

Now, how many days till Gainesville :cool:

Post of the Year. For overdoing clichés.

At some point, these drivers have to be relying on these crew chiefs NOT TO KILL THEM. I believe that the relationship formed in a crew, Pro or Sportsman is one built on mutual respect for each others talents, a lot of trust, and the same dedication to winning. All of these things SHOULD outweigh the almighty dollar. From what a large percentage of posts here represent, running to the next greener pasture completely outweighs the idea of becoming sucessful as a TEAM.

Maybe Jimmy didn't see the stuff it takes over in the JR/Tuttle camp to make that a winning team, and KB's track record of winning races and running for the Championship is what he saw as more sexy and better for his future. And I'm sure the offer of large dead Presidents didn't slow his departure from the team either. Which makes him the WRONG guy for JR's team, no matter how well they have been doing as of late. A good team strives for a common goal.

I will be interested to see if JR still has the flippy-floppy wing issue with the new crewchief though....

Maybe Jimmy didn't see the stuff it takes over in the JR/Tuttle camp to make that a winning team, and KB's track record of winning races and running for the Championship is what he saw as more sexy and better for his future. And I'm sure the offer of large dead Presidents didn't slow his departure from the team either.

i agree with the second part of your statement but not the first......how could Jimmy possibly see a better future in a 62 year old that his missed the first two races, then a 26 or 27 (i am not quite sure of J.R.'s exact age) that is 3rd in the points and coming off of a rookie of the year season!!!.......as P. Diddy once said....it's all about the benjamins baby!!!

its absolutly all about the money! crew chiefs change teams like socks now adays, and its all about the money- lets face it 90 percent of us would change jobs right now for a huge pay raise. alan johnson is on team$humacher for the green stuff, every teams wants him but only 1 can afford him. lets do hope that j.r doesnt take a step back, i love that a 1 car newer team is kicking butt especially in top fuel! someone needs to try and derail that frieght train. good luck to jimmy and j.r @ gainesville

i remember reading about a similar situation a few years ago! don prudhomme hired dick lahaie while he was working for herbert during the season and lahaie took the job but did offer to remain with herbert til the end of the season. Herbert, apparently not being to happy with someone hiring away his crewchief told lahaie to leave immediately and the rest is history. I dont know all of the details or even if this actually played out this way but if it did i thought Lahaie showed some class by offering to remain with herbert at least til the season ended instead of just taking the money and run !!

jf

David
You are right, you did say it on post # 149
However I have been saying it since post #s 99 & 122
So I do apolgize because your posts have always been very good... But I waited a long time before I posted on this matter, as I am sure you did to...:D No sugar??:eek:

I like my coffee the same way I like my whiskey..straight up...and yes I waited awhile until I got fed up with the KB bashing before I commented

I like my coffee the same way I like my whiskey..straight up...and yes I waited awhile until I got fed up with the KB bashing before I commented
LMAO!! :D Well then David, I guess we agree on everything other then who wants a little sweetness in their morning juice...:eek:

LMAO!! :D Well then David, I guess we agree on everything other then who wants a little sweetness in their morning juice...:eek:

You guys wanna get a room? :D

trink21.gif

Last edited:
No drinkin' alone, dang it. but seein' ya'll are, guess it okay fer me to start, not alone, just everyone drinking with me is over 1000 miles across the room.

now, it looks to me what we got here in the long run was a player trade, a retirement, and a friend out to help coach the team... just wish this $h*t would happen in the off season...

Rumors are flying thats for sure I would just like to add my thoughts here. 1st off Jimmy is a great friend of mine RUMORS have it that I am pissed at him NOT TRUE . I wish him the best at KB and business goes on sometimes we will never know the what the real deal was thats between Jimmy and Dexter. I do know that JR and the team will be fine and that we have alot of brain trust in all of our teams sometimes things do happen for reasons and we will all see the out-come. Its all good so lets GO RACING!!!!! Thanks Evan.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back