Is Ray Alley still the crew chief? (1 Viewer)

Martin, they wont have the issue with the front wing, they changed it at the PHX race...

No drinkin' alone, dang it. but seein' ya'll are, guess it okay fer me to start, not alone, just everyone drinking with me is over 1000 miles across the room.

now, it looks to me what we got here in the long run was a player trade, a retirement, and a friend out to help coach the team... just wish this $h*t would happen in the off season...
Yeah, That would have killed three weeks before Gainesville for us...:D Karl, last time I checked my odometer... V.A. was a couple of more miles then 1000... Could have been all the backroads I took though...:eek: I'm headed out to trailer to put new 9 1/2 strange in car... And then sell it... :p Maybe I hit the juice a little early...
P.S. I got a ride out there, so no worries folks...

yeah, bout 2700 to you Ray, David's about a 1000, and who the heck knows where Martin is... I see Mike just got here and it's just a hop and a skip across the Pond... And a Toast to Evan for keeping the Nitro ranks with enough real quality car to make a field:D

Rumors are flying thats for sure I would just like to add my thoughts here. 1st off Jimmy is a great friend of mine RUMORS have it that I am pissed at him NOT TRUE . I wish him the best at KB and business goes on sometimes we will never know the what the real deal was thats between Jimmy and Dexter. I do know that JR and the team will be fine and that we have alot of brain trust in all of our teams sometimes things do happen for reasons and we will all see the out-come. Its all good so lets GO RACING!!!!! Thanks Evan.

Jim head is never a bad guy to have in your corner, to say he is very intelligent is a understatment. It also helps that he is friends with AJ.

Rumors are flying thats for sure I would just like to add my thoughts here. 1st off Jimmy is a great friend of mine RUMORS have it that I am pissed at him NOT TRUE . I wish him the best at KB and business goes on sometimes we will never know the what the real deal was thats between Jimmy and Dexter. I do know that JR and the team will be fine and that we have alot of brain trust in all of our teams sometimes things do happen for reasons and we will all see the out-come. Its all good so lets GO RACING!!!!! Thanks Evan.

Evan;
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It is really FIRST CLASS of you to respond. Good Luck in the land of the Gators. I agree....Lets GO RACING!!!!!

Evan
No where in 286 posts, does anyone on this site even come close to making such a statement... I would like to think WE are a step above THAT!!;) ;)

Evan
No where in 286 posts, does anyone on this site even come close to making such a statement... I would like to think WE are a step above THAT!!;) ;)

Its not on here but its the questions and phone calls I get along with Jimmys phone ringing. Thanks Evan. PS. I just wanted to post it here so everyone knows where I am comming from;) .

We appreciate that, Evan.. And we're all pulling for continued success for JR and the team.. Especially when the cut to 8 is made :D

Who says KB didn't go to Dexter first and ask for permission to talk to Jimmy long before anything got started? Its no secret AJ would like to run his own team rather than tune for someone else, but the money has to be right. I could see AJ running a Toyota FC team as soon as next year. The Toyota body deal still runs threw him.

I normally don't have a lot of time to sit in front of my computer to read, study and otherwise educate myself on the day to day operations of each and every team that races. I certainly wish I could, but the fact is I can't. As a result I guess I suffer from a minor case of naivety... or maybe it's just plain ol' ignorance. Probably both when you get right down to it.

Anyway, I was (am) a huge critic of this deal. Part of me understands Jimmy's desire for stability - assuming it exists more w/ KB than it did w/ Tuttle, which is questionable based on what I'm reading on this thread alone - but I'm a loyalty based kinda guy & I always have been. I'm not rich with money (possibly the understatement of the year) but my friends, co-workers & loved ones know they can count on me no matter what & I feel the same about them.

Another consideration for me is team chemistry - and I know it's been brought up somewhere in the 290+ posts already. We see it in every stick & ball sport almost every year - teams spend millions either during the off-season or at the trading deadline and it almost (I stress almost) never works. See: The New York Yankees w/ Alex Rodriguez, The San Francisco Giants w/ Barry Bonds & Jeff Kent, as examples. I don't care how much money you have, you cannot buy team chemistry... And that's probably what bugs me most about this deal - the Tuttle/Todd/Walsh team had it & it's a rare commodity. Now, because of the almighty dollar its gone and even in the unlikely event Walsh returns, it's been forever changed. And there will almost assuredly be a lack of team chemistry in the Monster camp, Tim & Kim Richards or not. There's a microscope on this team (not qualifying, new crew chief, etc.) and that's not a good first step in establishing team chemistry.

I hope this works out for all party's concerned, I sincerely mean that, but it's going to be a while before I'm ready to root for KB, if ever. And I apologize if it seems like I'm 'bashing' KB, I'm not. He made a business oriented decision without concern for personal feelings in order to make his team better & I guess that's what he gets paid by Monster to do - I'm just more loyal than that & wouldn't have it in me to treat people that way. If that makes him a better businessman than me, then so be it - after all, he's rich & racing a Nitro Funny Car & I'm not.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back