Is Knoll done? (1 Viewer)

It looks like the comeback has started a year early....

I wouldn't get upset over what you read here. When one of the largest, and obviously most loved sponsors in the game bows out, questions are going to swirl and people are going to worry..
I think it's as large as DSR calling it quits, and the fans worry about the health of the sport and the sponsor's investment return..
Without the sponsors and team owners looking to keep the sport alive, there is no NHRA.
It really sucks when motorsports show less and less return to the sponsor, and in Nextel Cup, the costs of winning are getting into the tens of millions.. It's like a slow death that seems to be hitting all parts of motorsports.

I personally look forward to the press release. Hopefully, Evan has some good news about his health an a plan for the future.
The NHRA and the world needs a healthy Evan Knoll..

It looks like the comeback has started a year early....

I wouldn't get upset over what you read here. When one of the largest, and obviously most loved sponsors in the game bows out, questions are going to swirl and people are going to worry..
I think it's as large as DSR calling it quits, and the fans worry about the health of the sport and the sponsor's investment return..
Without the sponsors and team owners looking to keep the sport alive, there is no NHRA.
It really sucks when motorsports show less and less return to the sponsor, and in Nextel Cup, the costs of winning are getting into the tens of millions.. It's like a slow death that seems to be hitting all parts of motorsports.

I personally look forward to the press release. Hopefully, Evan has some good news about his health an a plan for the future.
The NHRA and the world needs a healthy Evan Knoll..

And so the backpedaling begins!

Evan I wouldn't take anything said here too heart With all of the upheavel that we have seen in drag racing lately when you, one of our rocks in this sport, takes a step back it was bound to shake everybody. I don't believe anybody means ill will but the shock has been hard to comprehend as well as the questions about what future impact this will have to the sport.

Job #1 though is to get you healthy again. You have done so much for the sport and that has not now will it be been forgotten. Get well.

Like the lights going in the kitchen at night... they start to scatter... RUT-RO

HE'S BACK....

Let the pedal fest begin... Please keep small childern and small animal away from the screen this may get ugly.. (Like Randy's Picture.. OMG)

Get better first then worry later...

Mark Twain reputedly said, "The report of my demise is greatly
exaggerated."

Last edited:
Hey, I said I was sorry! What else do you want!

You gotta admit, she's pretty hot. Don't you think!

LOL.

Randy, after further review of said photo by a group of your peers, well ok me and one other "Randy", we have to formally ask you to change your first name or go by an alias! :p :D

Rapid {the other Randy} Baker

LOL, HELL NO I am not done!!!!!! Wow i just got back from the hospital and heard some things and started reading here i have not saw much of this before i signed in here. But i can say one thing i will have a "one time statment" comming soon on here and a press release. PS. I am not broke or hurting for money!!! So some of you want a bee hide behind the key board OPERATORS is going to get the Evans 101 BASIC!!!!!!!!! SCHOOLS IN!!!!!!!! Thanks for everyones support except for a few jerks that have no clue about LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! Evan Knoll. PSS. I really should not waist my time on this crap but hang on!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love this kind of stuff.... Evan glad you're home and doing better. Just recuperate and don't let the BS people are saying bother you.

T :D

I just love this kind of stuff.... Evan glad you're home and doing better. Just recuperate and don't let the BS people are saying bother you.

T :D

Agreed. The most important thing is that you recover and get better. As one whose son experienced a brain operation and recuperation from that, I know how critical a good recovery is. He's a go-getter himself, and learned the hard way that he had to slow down and take things easy, something he's never really been very good at.

Hang in there, and get better Evan. The racing will still be here when you're ready to come back.

I thought I would write one last note on this subject.

I got to admit, this thread and the responses have really baffled me.

Like I first said, I have never met Evan Knoll or have known anybody who has had any business affiliations with him. I used to eat, drink, and sleep Drag Racing. Now, I'm a part time fan who would love to attent more races, but I just can't at this point of my life so I'm not on top of the in's and out's like I used to be....
I also have to admit that I am not a regular here on this website, so I did my monthly look-see here, and was kind of struck that a major sponsor just pulled out of my beloved NHRA.

I am a black and white guy, who has been the recipient of the backside of many lousy deals before I realized that I had to be hard core and untrusting when dealing with a corporation..

What became even more confusing was when a person who pulled the plug on a lot of racers normally draws the ire of fans and racers.
Thinking that some more racers got jobbed, I automatically thought "another one bites the dust. I commented on what I know about the black, white and contractual world that I have learned. Sometimes respect overcomes language, which is obvious with this case..

What I have found most puzzling was the love was pouring in from those who aren't going to receive Torco Dollars this year.
That just doesn't happen...
So, I did a little research on Evan Knoll today, and I should have done it before I even commented.
What really makes me feel bad about this whole situation was the love this man has showed over the years for the little guy, as well as the big guys of the sport. Countless "nobodys" from around the country got a chance because of Evan Knoll...
If I had the money to spread around to make the world a better place, I hope that I would be that person with the will to actually do it, instead of talking about it. Obviously, Evan has been doing this for a long long time.
So, I offer my humble apologies to Evan.
From what I have learned about you, you are kind of an irreplaceable person.
I have also had family members with serious health issues to deal with, and the best thing to do is just what your Doctors tell you to do, which people like me never do anyway..
Get well..

This one?

Rosie.jpg

Wow.......I can't believe this board has gone "Open" if you will....PICS of Lesbians now? And yes she is...I should know....she comes to our meetings regularly! I told her the "test" would catch up....I was right....

Evan, Get well (looking at this PIC will NOT help tho:eek:) Get your azz back out here.....ROCK ON, You da MAN!

jOkA!:cool:
I's got's a new toy......it's 300" long, hard and flexible.....dA jOkA and son show coming to a town near you soon.....:D

I thought I would write one last note on this subject.

I got to admit, this thread and the responses have really baffled me.

Like I first said, I have never met Evan Knoll or have known anybody who has had any business affiliations with him. I used to eat, drink, and sleep Drag Racing. Now, I'm a part time fan who would love to attent more races, but I just can't at this point of my life so I'm not on top of the in's and out's like I used to be....
I also have to admit that I am not a regular here on this website, so I did my monthly look-see here, and was kind of struck that a major sponsor just pulled out of my beloved NHRA.

I am a black and white guy, who has been the recipient of the backside of many lousy deals before I realized that I had to be hard core and untrusting when dealing with a corporation..

What became even more confusing was when a person who pulled the plug on a lot of racers normally draws the ire of fans and racers.
Thinking that some more racers got jobbed, I automatically thought "another one bites the dust. I commented on what I know about the black, white and contractual world that I have learned. Sometimes respect overcomes language, which is obvious with this case..

What I have found most puzzling was the love was pouring in from those who aren't going to receive Torco Dollars this year.
That just doesn't happen...
So, I did a little research on Evan Knoll today, and I should have done it before I even commented.
What really makes me feel bad about this whole situation was the love this man has showed over the years for the little guy, as well as the big guys of the sport. Countless "nobodys" from around the country got a chance because of Evan Knoll...
If I had the money to spread around to make the world a better place, I hope that I would be that person with the will to actually do it, instead of talking about it. Obviously, Evan has been doing this for a long long time.
So, I offer my humble apologies to Evan.
From what I have learned about you, you are kind of an irreplaceable person.
I have also had family members with serious health issues to deal with, and the best thing to do is just what your Doctors tell you to do, which people like me never do anyway..
Get well..
Very well said George. Good explanation and I would fully expect such an apology to be accepted.

Terry,

Don't you think this would have been better addressed in a p.m.? He doesn't owe you or your ESQ friends any explainations. Only the parties involved.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back