Is Knoll done? (1 Viewer)

Why don't we wait and see what Knoll and company have to say first before we pass judgement.......

Billy

what about all the races that TORCO sponsors, hell how about the whole IHRA. if it wasn't for evan, i think IHRA would have been in big trouble last year.

:eek:WTF?????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused:

I just don't understand this one....Something tragic may have happened in order for this to happen. This could very well create one of the worse years in drag racing without the KNOLL GAS PRO TEAMS on the tour! Sorry folks, 2 Million dollar sponsors are not just waiting in the wings waiting to pick up the tab for these teams!:eek:

I'll wait for a release from Evan or Bobby before I hit the panic button but this does not look good for our sport! Yes, I believe we NEED EVAN KNOLL and TORCO in drag racing!

You know, what ever came of the lawsuit between Evan's guys and the "other" Torco based in Northern California over name rights? (Trademark I think??). That *might* have something to do with it, but again, that's pure speculation.

Another thing to think about would be Glendora's recent greed-fest... price increases for hospitality... or their lack of decision making ability in regard to chasis... and a few other petty jabs that even most small business owners know better to do to their customers. It seems to me that NHRA forgot that the hands that feed it are the fans, racers and sponsors, it could be lesson time. But for Knoll to pull out at such a late date and across the board speaks of a deeper reason.

I will still run Torco in the tank, just as I would wear the "O" if Jim hung it up, NOT THAT I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. Let's focus on what he HAS done, and hope that it is a temporary situation. There is more we don't know.

I hate this for Mike, but he WILL make it one way or another. He will not accept the setback and quit; it isn't in his genes! His positive attitude serves as an example to me personally, as does that of Doctor and the boys. You just cannot hold guys like that down!

I will still run Torco in the tank, just as I would wear the "O" if Jim hung it up, NOT THAT I WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. Let's focus on what he HAS done, and hope that it is a temporary situation. There is more we don't know.

I hate this for Mike, but he WILL make it one way or another. He will not accept the setback and quit; it isn't in his genes! His positive attitude serves as an example to me personally, as does that of Doctor and the boys. You just cannot hold guys like that down!

I'm still here...

Don't jump to conclusions (very hard to maintain self-control in these situations). Often times, the explanation for what is happening is much different than we might expect.

Evan has done a lot for the sport. Let's relax on him until the whole story gets out. One of the options is NOT that he got bored and pulled the plug. Let's see where this goes before we panic.

Jim

On his myspace there are comments as to get better. Hope Evan is ok.

Evan Knoll's myspace bulletin:
I will be out of commission for a few weeks due to testing on my head from my car reck on Nov-10-04. I will not be avalable but i have someone that will be checking my-space and etc. Business will go thru Latrell and Kelly while I am out of commission or you can call 1-800-67TORCO. I will be back and thanks in advanced for the prayres. "GOD BLESS" Evan Knoll. PS. GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Evan Knoll's myspace bulletin:
I will be out of commission for a few weeks due to testing on my head from my car reck on Nov-10-04. I will not be avalable but i have someone that will be checking my-space and etc. Business will go thru Latrell and Kelly while I am out of commission or you can call 1-800-67TORCO. I will be back and thanks in advanced for the prayres. "GOD BLESS" Evan Knoll. PS. GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!

Look up 8 posts to my previous post. :p

It's all speculation at this point, and theres likely a lot more to the story than meets the eye. But at the end of the day everyone will be back I'm sure. No worries.

Last edited:
I seem to remember a thread around a year or so ago regarding the concerns of Torco sponsoring too many cars and races. The fear (then) was that if something ever happened to Torco's involvement in NHRA that the fallout could be devastating.

I love big sponsorships as much as anyone, but I've learned in 25 years of Radio sponsorship and advertising sales that the bigger they are, the harder they fall. Evidently our fears from a while back are coming true.

My friends (a father and son team) are in the process of finishing a nitro funny car for running the IHRA (I've been volunteering my time helping them out since they are putting the car together out of their own wallets) they (we) are only planning to run San Antonio (home track), and Tulsa for the obvious budget limitations this year, this really throws a monkey wrench in the works unless Evan (Torco) buys the IHRA like he has been wanting to, which I hope is the case.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back