Is Knoll done? (1 Viewer)

I read both of the statements on Complus, I can certainly understand the need for Evan to heal up. And I agree that with the number of sponsorships he had out there, just keeping track of that and making sure all those teams are getting what they need has to be a daunting task...With that said, I was trying to think just from the NHRA side who will this affect? If Evan owns the racecars of some of these teams are they just parked for 2008 or can they seek other sponsorships?

I guess I'm missing something. I get that he needs to take a year off, but why does the sponsorship need to as well? Couldn't someone else head that up for a year in his place?

Probably needs to suspend the sponsorships because he isn't the kind of person to leave it alone. I mean that in a good way. It may be too tempting for him to ignore the advice of the doctors and want to stay involved in some way. It sounds a little like that may have been the situation since the accident. Best wishes to him and to all of the teams.

I think the ones that he doesn't own could probably run on their own dimes, or seek a year long deal maybe?? So who does this affect in the NHRA?

JR Todd (perhaps run on the Lucas Oil ticket?)
Melanie Troxel (Gotham City Racing or Lend America?)
Dave Connolly (become a 2nd Jegs car?)
Matt Smith and his 2nd bike
Clay Millican
Jesse Harris
Doug Foley

I think the ones that he doesn't own could probably run on their own dimes, or seek a year long deal maybe?? So who does this affect in the NHRA?

Clay Millican
Jesse Harris
Doug Foley

Those last three are the ones I would be worried about!

Clay Millican
Jesse Harris
Doug Foley

Not to mention the million alcohol teams, pro mod teams, sportsman teams, etc that he sponsors as well as all those team's crew members and employees.

As someone who knows Evan all too well, this is the only way he will heal. He's a hands-on person all the way with all aspects of his businesses, especially the racing part. That's why.

Clay Millican
Jesse Harris
Doug Foley

Problem is.. Knoll actually ownes the Connoly, Millican, Harris cars. From what I read, they are parked.

Probably needs to suspend the sponsorships because he isn't the kind of person to leave it alone. I mean that in a good way. It may be too tempting for him to ignore the advice of the doctors and want to stay involved in some way. It sounds a little like that may have been the situation since the accident. Best wishes to him and to all of the teams.

That's what I read into the interview. It's best this way. You can always pick up the racing later. His health comes first. I think any attempt to read anything else into this situation isn't valid.

My thoughts, prayers, and best wishes for a speedy recover go out to Evan Knoll.

Take this time to get better, and rejoin us in full health, Evan.

That's what I read into the interview. It's best this way. You can always pick up the racing later. His health comes first. I think any attempt to read anything else into this situation isn't valid.

My thoughts, prayers, and best wishes for a speedy recover go out to Evan Knoll.

Take this time to get better, and rejoin us in full health, Evan.
Very well said David, great post.

Clay Millican
Jesse Harris
Doug Foley

What about Densham? I don't think he can run all year without major funding. I think he still has Racebricks but is that enough? Sure would be a shame to lose a Legend like Gary Densham because of this.

Dave

What I know about Evan Knoll is not much at all! But what I do know is he is incredibly loyal and enthusiastic about drag racing!

This is so refreashing in the light of coprate America! The company is sitting the year out, BUT keeping all the assets of the racing teams, also keeping sponsorship of the National Events!

The year's rest should get him back to near 100% and enable the crude oil price to stablise so the company will feel more confident about investing in drag racing. ie. God help the oppenents of his teams in 2009!!!

Great all round. But what happens to the drivers and teams personal?

Cheers

James
[email protected]

Last edited:

Thanks for posting this Brent....

Evan has done a lot for NHRA and IHRA Drag Racing. I am hoping that he finds the correct solution to his medical issues, as Evan is a good man and I wish nothing but the best for the guy. However, TORCO and KNOLL GAS operations continue as planned....The company continues to run. I think this shows us all how much HE TRULY IS INVOLVED IN THE DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS OF KNOLL GAS MOTORSPORTS!!! The money is still there..I am sure the budget is still intact. The day to day operations in Evan's companies Continue. What is upsetting about this announcement, is how this will effect the PEOPLE on the teams that will be without sponsorship this season....Not just the drivers (Dave Connolly, Melenie Troxel, and the rest of the pro gang....) but their crew members, support personnel....also, people like Marty Thacker and other sportsman racers, who depend on the TORCO MONEY to make a living racing.

I understand that this is "JUST A SPORT", and in the grand scheme of life, Evan's Health is the most important issue here... but to some it's a living. It's an Income. It keeps the lights on the house, puts food in the mouths of their families, and helps them survive. In my humble opinion, Latrell and the rest of Evan's support group should step up and run the day to day sponsorship obligations of these teams to keep them floating. If they need help doing this, I'm sure there is about 50-100 people just on this site, who are Qualified, passionate and dedicated enough to the future of this sport to assist in any way needed without finantial gain to themself. I know I'd do whatever I could to help!

Well stated, Tim!

Wishing Evan and the Torco Family all the best in the coming months. I'll still be burning plenty of methanol that arrives at my shop in a Torco drum!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back