Is Knoll done? (1 Viewer)

Suzie,
It appears it's his personal responsibility to inform us all about the legal innerworkings of this situation since he's better connected than the rest of us and wants to somehow sceam "Hey, look at me!"

I appreciate how some here have softened their tones or even apologized for such where others seem to take this opportunity to stomp certain body parts while Evan appears to be down somewhat. We all have our own natures and they show time and again through our posts here.

I don't expect Evan, Latrell, or anybody to discuss their financial details in public.
There are some of my personal Nitro burning friends that are hurting because of the failure of Torco to meet their 2007 commitments. I think Terry also knows some too.
At times when the payments were late in the past, when the check finally did arrive, it was for more than the past due amount. I think this shows Evan's generosity that so many people here have expressed, so I don't understand why a few owners are now being strung out? :confused:
Many owners & crew members have been "stiffed" in the last 40+ years that I've been in auto racing ,(me for one), so not getting paid for money spent causes worries for many people.
I just hope now that Evan is doing better, he will write some checks before he takes time to do a press release.
If Torco cuts back for 2008 , so be it , He isn't the first & won't be the last.
This thread is already way too long ,so I'll step off the "soapbox" now. ;)

I don't expect Evan, Latrell, or anybody to discuss their financial details in public.
There are some of my personal Nitro burning friends that are hurting because of the failure of Torco to meet their 2007 commitments. I think Terry also knows some too.
At times when the payments were late in the past, when the check finally did arrive, it was for more than the past due amount. I think this shows Evan's generosity that so many people here have expressed, so I don't understand why a few owners are now being strung out? :confused:
Many owners & crew members have been "stiffed" in the last 40+ years that I've been in auto racing ,(me for one), so not getting paid for money spent causes worries for many people.
I just hope now that Evan is doing better, he will write some checks before he takes time to do a press release.
If Torco cuts back for 2008 , so be it , He isn't the first & won't be the last.
Jerry..I've always appreciated your input..it's been connected and I love it.

Terry..I've always appreciated your input..but you could take a lesson from Jerry and not be so condescending..being connected to an ESQ (and I love how you always use that in your response..maybe she could reply here!) doesn't give you the right to stick it up anyone's buttocks! Oh..and I haven't seen any evidence of a lawsuit being filed.

My personal opinion is I hope Even has a grasp..and takes care of all things..he always has in the past right? So why would it be different now?

Let's give the Man the benefit, eh?

This is the longest and most active thread I can remember here, and I've waited this long to jump in.

I've never met Evan, but I can honestly say the esteem he's held in by those who have is astounding.

Consider this:

Evan is a drag racer's dream. He's an unthrottled, devoted, "crazy about it" fan with a huge wallet. The racers he helped didn't have to suffer search committees, multi-page proposals, meeting after meeting with increasingly powerful groups, corporate imaging, "ad-speak" personal improvement classes, corporate politics, or mandated percentages of product sales.

He saw teams needing / deserving help and decided to open the checkbook.

For whatever reasons, the decision to temporarily dis-engage was equally direct and quick. Considering how the deals got done, why would anyone expect anything different?

If you live by the sword, you sometimes die by the sword. You can't have it both ways.

I appreciate everything the man has done. Yes, he's been feeding his addiction to drag racing (as we all have and will continue to do) but has helped and advanced the sport perhaps more than anyone else in its long history.

Randy, either that picture is the answer to the question "What do you get when you cross the DNA of Rosie O'Donnell with John Belulshi?" or we now have irrefutible photographic evidence of Bigfoot. LOL

Don't be dissin' that picture. I think it would make a good candidate for the laser hair removal industry as a *before* picture. Like another poster said, she could shave a NASCAR Number on her back and root for her favorite driver.

This is the longest and most active thread I can remember here, and I've waited this long to jump in.

I've never met Evan, but I can honestly say the esteem he's held in by those who have is astounding.

Consider this:

Evan is a drag racer's dream. He's an unthrottled, devoted, "crazy about it" fan with a huge wallet. The racers he helped didn't have to suffer search committees, multi-page proposals, meeting after meeting with increasingly powerful groups, corporate imaging, "ad-speak" personal improvement classes, corporate politics, or mandated percentages of product sales...

Dan:

Not entirely true. Evan had Latrell Preston send letters to the teams the first half of 2007 wanting specific answers on activities done by each team to further TORCO, SKULL, SEELYE WRIGHT, etc. sales and exposure beyond just showing your face at the races. It was very specific and was used to decide future sponsorships of all teams. It was a gut checking accountability letter that was hard hitting and required response and specific answers.

Randy G.

Don't be dissin' that picture. I think it would make a good candidate for the laser hair removal industry as a *before* picture. Like another poster said, she could shave a NASCAR Number on her back and root for her favorite driver.

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gross!!!:D

Dan:

Not entirely true. Evan had Latrell Preston send letters to the teams the first half of 2007 wanting specific answers on activities done by each team to further TORCO, SKULL, SEELYE WRIGHT, etc. sales and exposure beyond just showing your face at the races. It was very specific and was used to decide future sponsorships of all teams. It was a gut checking accountability letter that was hard hitting and required response and specific answers.

Randy G.

And not a damn thing wrong with it.....................as I'm sure you agree, Randy.

Sean D

Randy,

Since you brought the proverbial grenade into the foxhole by posting the picture in the first place, how about having her pose next to your TAFC and use the picture for this year's hero cards? You might even pick a sponsorship from some laser hair removal company in the process......

Randy,

Since you brought the proverbial grenade into the foxhole by posting the picture in the first place, how about having her pose next to your TAFC and use the picture for this year's hero cards? You might even pick a sponsorship from some laser hair removal company in the process......

Ever see the Wooly Mammoth Vega Station Wagon on "Pinks"?

Not sure who actually deserves the credit for writing this, but it speaks volumes about Evan, and about our sport.

Go to post 11

:: torco mystery

That was pretty well written, Lance. Thanks for the link.

With no mention of Evan's injury, it kinda' leads you to believe that the pull-back is more financially related than health related. But like the article said, it shouldn't make a difference. He made dreams come true for alot of people for more years than the average sponsorships that come and go. Either way, my thoughts and prayers will continue to be for Evan's recovery and return to the sport on whatever level he desires. If he wants to sponsor a ba-zillion teams like he used to, great. If it's just one or two, great. But even if he wants to just come back as a spectator, I'm fine with that also. He doesn't owe us anything.

Get well, Evan.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back