I guess I did something wrong???? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure am glad I'm a southern hick. I've heard of Rickie and Matt Smith alot but can't say I had ever heard of Terry Jones. What year was he "The Champ"?

So if it was this Terry where is he now? scared????

I invite you to come on and either defend his comments or
apologize.......

I was great to read that Ricky Smith is helping out Tom.
I'm a fan of both of them.

Sure am glad I'm a southern hick. I've heard of Rickie and Matt Smith alot but can't say I had ever heard of Terry Jones. What year was he "The Champ"?

Maybe we should set up a "Dragnet" for him. Sorry...couldn't resist. (Alluding to Mr. Jones reference to being connected to his uncle, cousin, brother, dad......whoever he was....Jack Webb.) And the "hick" reference Mr. Jones.....I do remember a NBA hall of famer who used the term "hick" to shove it up peoples arse. "The Hick from French Lick"

Late.................Mitch

Last edited:
I'm shocked someone would send such an assinine pm.

It was news that Rickie was on the scene, it was great that you shared it. I thought thats what this palce was here for. Oh the horror that someone is actually proud of their dad and family. Apparently this guy wasn't hugged enough as a kid.

Matt, and to anyone else, don't let a few bad apples ruin the fun here.

Matt, I just read this and can't believe this guy gave you a hard time. Well, like everyone else who posted before me, I think the relationship between you and your dad is awesome, and to inform us of his latest endeavors (and yours) is what this place is all about. Heck, I'm proud of what my dad accomplished in racing, and I include it in my posts whenever it is relevant, even though he hasn't raced since the early '70s! BTW, he was the NHRA record holder for MPH in A/A in 70-71. :D Just keep on truckin' Matt. (er, biking)

Now that's funny right there!!!

Bro, don't let some two-bit **** talker bother you. Use it as fuel to your fire and go out there and kick ass again this year. Nobody knows more about the Smiths' than us, so who cares what haters say. I would like to quote a very famous NASCAR driver and say, "I don't care if their booing me or cheering for me at least they know who I am." LOL :D

Matt,

The day folks like you, me and everyone else with a decent upbringing are afraid, unwilling or otherwise pressured into NOT talking about one of the people in this world who should be their hero, our dad's, is the day I give up. You did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong. And Erica is right, it was nice reading something from the source rather than from the grapevine.

My Dad is my hero and I could write stories on here all day long about what he's accomplished and what he's meant to me, but it wouldn't involve drag racing so, obviously, I don't have a reason. Still, he's the man to me and I'm extremely proud to call him my Dad.

I remember an interview with your dad last year during one of the telecasts late in the year and I can tell you he's every bit as proud of you and all you've accomplished as you are of him - if that's what it means to be considered a southern hick, then COUNT ME IN!

Last edited:
Matt your a good poster and racer, Dont leave the matter just because of one Jakass.
"by the way I kicked your ass in the Phoenix pics" LoL

Matt, I appreciate that you posted about your Dad. I was taught growing up that family should take care of family. That you can take as much pride in your family as I do mine speaks to me.

IF the definition of hick is someone that cares about family and friends and is willing to stand up for family and friends then that seems to strike me as awful close to what my definition of what a good human being is supposed to be.

IMO this Terry person is sadly deprived of empathy or sense if he/she/it feels that being a caring part of the human race makes you something less than anyone else. It doesn't.

What it does do is show others that there is a better way to treat people in this world rather than stepping all over those that helped you to become what you are.

Guess this chic is hick.

What is low-brow is someone that believes others have no clue about what is or is not acceptable. When that person goes around pushing their one-sided, self-centered, pitiful and mean-spirited opinion as fact then that person should perhaps take a step back and learn the real meaning of life.

Hmmmm...You would think after 2230 thread views and 51 reply's that Terry Jones would either man-up and defend himself, or at a minimum, apologize to Matt...

Well, maybe he just won't post on here again...I mean, the next time he posted here about ANYTHING I'm sure he knows he'd catch a real ****storm, so he probably won't be...

What a rude, inconsiderate, jealous coward he is.

stewiemiddlefinger8vo.jpg

Last edited:
Matt dont give it a second thought the guy is a dick...

My question is, why is he(terry) even still on this board?

Terry Jones...............
Same guy that's always bragging on how he is in tight with all of the Nitro Owners......................

Same guy that said Connie Kalitta's was washed up and bashed his tuning abilities, that is until Suzie Oberhaufer shed some light on the subject!:D

Same guy that bashed racers that have had their parents help them get into racing.........................http://www.nitromater.com/lounge/12585-danica-patrick-godaddy-com-ad-2.html#post121013

Same guy that had all of Evan Knolls conspiracy covered.................
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/12328-response-evan-knoll-3.html#post117405

When it comes down to it, I'm surprised that Amanda hasn't received that e-mail long ago, she's been extremely proud of her dad and brother for years here on the Mater.:D

I love reading what you guys post on here, please don't let one bad member spoil it for all. That's the issue with the internet. People get "keyboard bad", but not many would have the balls to say the same thing to your face. I wouldn't take it to heart, these are just little tiny electrons, they really don't hurt very much!:p

Last edited:
Matt,

My dad told me this a long time ago he said son: “Everybody on this earth has their place in life, even if it is to be the bad example.” :D

Hope it helps.

Dan Lea

I'm surprised that horse's ass hasn't replied here yet; he likes to chime in with his wisdom on every other flipping subject. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that horse's ass hasn't replied here yet; he likes to chime in with his wisdom on every other flipping subject. :rolleyes:

I'd like for him to show up at a Mater meeting at a race track so we could talk on a "one to one" basis and I could help him with his anger problem.

I'm sure I could cure him after one visit with him.

Terry Jones...............
Same guy that's always bragging on how he is in tight with all of the Nitro Owners......................

Same guy that said Connie Kalitta's was washed up and bashed his tuning abilities, that is until Suzie Oberhaufer shed some light on the subject!:D

Same guy that bashed racers that have had their parents help them get into racing.........................http://www.nitromater.com/lounge/12585-danica-patrick-godaddy-com-ad-2.html#post121013

Same guy that had all of Evan Knolls conspiracy covered.................
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/12328-response-evan-knoll-3.html#post117405

When it comes down to it, I'm surprised that Amanda hasn't received that e-mail long ago, she's been extremely proud of her dad and brother for years here on the Mater.:D

I love reading what you guys post on here, please don't let one bad member spoil it for all. That's the issue with the internet. People get "keyboard bad", but not many would have the balls to say the same thing to your face. I wouldn't take it to heart, these are just little tiny electrons, they really don't hurt very much!:p

It cracks me up that Terry claims that "The other pros are sick of it" like he's one of the professional drivers. He's trying to put together a Sportsman car (not that there is anything wrong with that), but it doesn't make him a "Pro driver" like he lets on. Funny thing is though, with comments towards other racers of ANY competition class like the ones he's shown to other racers here like Matt, Suzie, Evan, etc., I have a funny feeling he's not going to get very far on his sportsman car build.

I've said it numerous times to the ASSCAR Late Model team I crew on: "There's a reason the word Karma starts with the word CAR". :p

Matt,
Everyone has said what I wanted to say, so I what say it again. You are fine to be proud of your Dad. I was brought up to sing the praise of the ones you love.
Good Luck in Gainesville and Kick their butts that will show them!
We Love you.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back