I guess I did something wrong???? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about it Matt...

I think its great that you post here, kinda nice to actually hear something FROM THE SOURCE for a change instead of the grapevine!

Matt, time will tell if Terry's man enough to issue you an apology for his ignorant comment. Hope you get everything together so your at Gainesville in March. Good luck this year.

Matt, I saw nothing wrong with your post,in fact since the Torco deal news,I was wondering what your Dad was doing.

Terry's just jealous because he doesn't live in the south. [><]

Matt please don't let one ******* run you away. Thanks for posting on here. I love that a driver keeps us filled in. :)

Matt, You did good, should be proud of your Dad, Heck my kid never tells the world how good I am, I taught him everything he knew until he went racing 32 years ago, then he became a smart man, all I know about a Drag Car is that is does finish the race at a different location than where it started, all of my racing the past 57 years have been oval racing, from Jalopies to Indy Cars, I am very proud of my son

The guys name is Terry Jones......

gomer-surprise.jpg

The guys name is Terry Jones......

Consider the source Matt, Terry Jones is just a DICK anyway. He has a disease called "Cranial Rectumitis" and if he had any stones, he'd show up in your pit and say it to yours or your dads faces. (I'd love to be a fly on the wall if he did).

Regardless of whether or not I am a fan of any particular racer or owner (I became a fan of your dad in 1989 when at my first Nat. Event, your Dad spun his car sideways right in front of the stands in the old Strohs (?) blue car and got out and waved at the crowd), I do have a tremendous amount of respect for ANY racer willing to come here and hang out with us race fans, and I know I am not the only one that feels that way.).

So ignore the negative and don't be a stranger. Don't let one TOOL drive you off.

WOW, is all I have to say!

Heck I thought it was cool to read about your dad.I seriously can't believe that Terry Character.WOW.

Thanks for posting about it.I'm a big fan.Your Dad is one of the reasons I race today,Watching him while I was growing up was a big influence on me.

I wouldn't worry about it. Your dad is a cool cat. I had a chance to chat with him at Palmdale when he was running the Stroh's car. I think it was in the 80's? Don't let one idiot ruin your day.

Being proud of your dad seems like a good attribute to me. Maybe my reasoning is a little hick, being as I'm from Alabama and all.:D

Matt, it's your call. I appreciate you sharing your personal point of view and experiences. I'd even like to know more of your observations on PS cars and PS motorcycles, but I have no need to know. On the internet, on other teams and in life, there are a few social malcontents and simply screwed up people. Because they are able to type and hit send doesn't mean their opinion is worth much. Trust your gut, too much of modern public communication has been sanitized to the point of not being honest nor courageous and is almost always boring. Your critic has his view that was stifling, unsolicited and arrogant, BFD. The HUGE majority do not share his view, he just has that negative energy to make it sound big. You can't make him right, don't let him make you wrong.

Since you asked,

vonB

Matt.....The guy thinks he's a player. This goes right along with his M.O. He really thinks everyone hangs on his every word. His PM to you speaks volumes about his character. And no....you will not hear from him again. To him...he has done nothing wrong. Again....don't sweat it. We enjoy hearing from you and Amanda.

Late................Mitch

Matt-- there's nothing wrong with what you said. But understand what this forum is. It's a bunch of nice people who love drag racing AND a few a--holes. Whatever you write on here is of interest and will be appreciated by the nice people But it will also be fodder for the a--holes to twist into anything they want. So be aware of that.

Matt it's great hearing what is going on. Please keep it up. It's bad when one "hater" might influence something the rest of the "maters" would really enjoy reading.

Whenever one person thinks they know everything and that the world should see it their way . . . well I guess its only obvious to the rest of us who just enjoy sharing views and reading news that they are the ones with a problem.

Many of us appreciate getting a glimpse of what is going on with the Smiths.

matt,
You have got to understand that there are people in this world that feel the only way to make themselves feel big is by making others feel small. It should be obvious by now [page 3] that the majority of people have no issue with your post and like me are interested in seeing what it looks like from your point of view from the inside. Keep posting and the rest of your family too.
jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back