huh........... (1 Viewer)

Did anybody else catch when they were interviewing JR's Crew Chief, on the headset the graphics said "Car Chief"???

Did anybody else catch when they were interviewing JR's Crew Chief, on the headset the graphics said "Car Chief"???

Check out NHRA.com, Car chief isn't a new term. They called Kook, the CAR chief, for Herbert, and another guy a CAR chief.

HR probably got in there are realized there was a way to change the comp and benefits package by assigning different duties.

I caught that. I honestly thought maybe it was some new crew position.....either that or maybe he was in charge of getting the rental cars. :D
The "car chief" name came about a few years... It is the title for Johnny West and many others who's MAIN purpose is to oversee the daily (weekdays usually) going on's of the car,along with weekend duties... Crew Chief/ Car Chief/Decision Maker... Sort of like Technician or Specalist, I was one, but it is just a fancy word for I know it all Jack... :D

NO FREAKIN HATE MAIL!! Please-

What I would like to know is how Mike Dunn can keep his composer?? I know if I was standing there I would just crack up!

I like Dick LaHaie's new title.....technical consultant. It's like all the money without the responsibility.

Marty Reid was one of the announcers for the Busch race Friday night and I have to admit, he didn't do half bad. However, on the whole, I'm not very impressed with most of ESPN2's announcing choice for either NHRA (save Mike Dunn) or NASCAR. I loved Rusty Wallace as a driver, but not as a commentator on TV. Just my opinion.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back