Michael Knight talks to Paul Page (1 Viewer)

Why would anyone talk to Michael Knight without getting to talk to or ride in KITT?

/horrible 80's TV reference

The quarter hour ratings measurement was interesting. Maybe we could put force in a box in one quarter of the screen and have more pro stock shown in the remainder of the screen.

with nhra's dismal ratings and their pay to broadcast status with espn,
i'd say we're lucky to have paul page; he's a motorsports color commentator
from way back and his comments in the great interview on complus.com
reveals he still is addicted to motorsports; he had quite a few very nice
comments about drag racing in particular, especially like his comments
regarding 'human interest' stories trumping all others, hence our
beloved nhra salesman supreme john force; IMO john is more addicted to
nhra than nhra itself, and for that my hat's off to him........and paul page.
a big thanks for all they do.

YouTube - 2011 NHRA Winternationals The John Force Experience

Wow, Robin.... I guess if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything?

The link, sir, just the link.

Actually, without wishing to re-ignite a past controversy, I think the ESPN crew do a pretty good job all round. We in Britain get a 3-hour Pro show on ESPN over here, plus a 1-hour Sportsman show and 30-min Pro Mod show, with around one ad break for every four or five of yours (how do you guys stand it?). I think the shows are well done.

Someone on another thread said, "Remember the 1970s and ABC's Wide World of Sports shows" -- what was it, Winternationals and Indy, one hour each? 30 minutes?

We used to get that ABC WWoS footage too, sometimes, but only Indy, and whittled down to about 4 minutes on a Saturday afternoon, crammed between the horse racing and the pro wrestling.

That's right. 240 seconds a year, if we were lucky.

One year, our TV announcer (fellow named Dickie Davis) opened the tiny, precious segment with the words, "And we begin with the Happy Car eliminations." Always stuck in my memory.

Happy Car? Funny Car? To the uninitiated, I guess they both sound equally daft.

My comment was to point out that 9 hours went by before anyone said anything....

Let's see, It was posted at 11 yesterday morning, I read it before before coming to the 'mater after I got off work, there was no need to comment.

Your comment on the other hand struck me as odd, as it seemed directed at Robin posting the link.

I found it interesting, but it just confirmed some things I had heard already.

d'kid

Maybe we could put force in a box in one quarter of the screen...

noooo1.gif

Nice to see more into Paul Page's world ..He is passionate about what he does , don't think you can question that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back