How Many Teams Can You Have (1 Viewer)

Beckman's and Cory Mac's are owned by Mac Attack racing, opperated out of DSR's shop

Cory Mac owns Beckman's ride?? News to me.........

I thought that last year Cory Mac leased an operation from Shoe, but this year he is giving sponsor money to Shoe, and DSR runs everything. Cory even commented in an article about having a signed driver's deal for a few years.

Yep there's 6 Nitro teams under the DSR banner,
But nobodys talking about the lack of participants??
Imagine this.

Schumacher gets tired of it all and decides to go full time fishing in Lake Michigan... and then C. Kalitta and Ken Black decides to do the same.

Evan Knoll is out for this year and maybe he decides not to come back next year or ever?

Who would be left?

There's not enough cars, and there's not enough money to support the few that are out there.

Sh*#! there was only 17 T/F cars & 23 F/C at Pomona... and a couple of each of those, supposedly will be parked after this very first race of the year.

IT Don't Look Good for professional drag racing.

Larry :(

I'm trying to decide if that would be a bad thing. Let say everyone who believes you need 3 mil a season to survive parks their car. If I were Densham or Head I'd be doing backflips! Whats the sense of spending 1mil a year to TRY to make it into a field? What if that could get you in?So what if the bump goes from 4.80to 5.0? And the hospitality tents are gone? And the cars are towed back to the pits with mini vans rather than chromed out Hummers? People would tune out of survival. The interview at the end of the run would be shorter ("I'd like to thank my brother in law for a tune that kept the rods in all weekend") Someone with more fingers + toes than me maybe can say how many certified cars are out there parked from not lack of funds--but lack of ENOUGH funds to bump into 16 big spenders.

Cory Mac owns Beckman's ride?? News to me.........

I thought that last year Cory Mac leased an operation from Shoe, but this year he is giving sponsor money to Shoe, and DSR runs everything. Cory even commented in an article about having a signed driver's deal for a few years.

Yeah, what you said.:confused:

I'm trying to decide if that would be a bad thing. Let say everyone who believes you need 3 mil a season to survive parks their car. If I were Densham or Head I'd be doing backflips! Whats the sense of spending 1mil a year to TRY to make it into a field? What if that could get you in?So what if the bump goes from 4.80to 5.0? And the hospitality tents are gone? And the cars are towed back to the pits with mini vans rather than chromed out Hummers? People would tune out of survival. The interview at the end of the run would be shorter ("I'd like to thank my brother in law for a tune that kept the rods in all weekend") Someone with more fingers + toes than me maybe can say how many certified cars are out there parked from not lack of funds--but lack of ENOUGH funds to bump into 16 big spenders.
Just because I happen to like Tony Schumacher's team doesn't mean I disagree with you - AT ALL!

DLB

Its more than likely a "nascar" deal for example: When Nascar limited the number of teams any one owner could have they just put different owners on different cars: Roush for example: Martin's car was owned by Roush, Kenseth's car was owned by Martin, the others were owned by Geoff Smith the gm and Roush's wife, etc etc etc.

Next event your at come see me Ill show you the entry info.

I'm not saying your wrong, but myself, along with others, haven't seen anything to support what you are saying. You can't post anything for us to see, an article, or anything?? I don't understand how DSR owns Beckman's car last year, but now Cory owns it?

If you dont know who Iam or what I do I dont expect you to believe me. But trust me on their event entry's the Owner is Cor Mac Racing and the pay to is Cory Mac Racing.

If you dont know who Iam or what I do I dont expect you to believe me. But trust me on their event entry's the Owner is Cor Mac Racing and the pay to is Cory Mac Racing.

I believe you Jeff, you would know for sure. I find that interesting to say the least.

That just sounds strange, but who knows. I guess maybe it allows DSR to expand in each category without counting against his owned teams.

If Justin knows who you are and what you do, I have no reason to doubt you. Not trying to offend you.

An afterthought......

Maybe that is how Cory Mac is paid, he gets the contingency and race winnings from the Fram rail and the Valvoline flopper? So they list him as owner?

Just a thought............

Come on Timmy, do you really believe that? Tell me that you don't believe anything more than bodies have been passed along to those teams? No Data? No engine parts?:cool:

Call me crazy...but No I actually don't believe that Parts/Data or anything else have gone from DSR to James' team. I can't believe that because I haven't seen any EVIDENCE that supports this. If any have gone to that team, I'm sure it wasn't GIVEN to them. Don is a Business man, and giving away parts, is not good business. Haven't seen or heard anyone say that they saw Todd O, Phil S. or "the Ace" at or near James (TOP FUEL RECORDS) pits providing tuning assistance, bring spare parts or anything else to the team. To me, when that happens, it creates an "UMBRELLA" situation. Sharing of Parts/Knowledge/Info, is what creates "Team" building. DSR has their (4) Funny Car teams, (ALTHOUGH CORY MAC IS THE "OWNER" of JACK'S VALVOLINE/MTS FUNNY CAR) It's still run out of DSR'S SHOP, has DSR PARTS, CREW MEMBERS, and Support staff.

Don Schumacher and everyone on his team is VERY Competitive. The sharing of DATA/PARTS/SECRET SAUCE RECIPE'S to a new Fuel Funny Car team, even if to help his Son-In-Law get his feet wet, does not seem to be good business. I'm sure "the Don" has helped out in other ways, in helping James get a start, but when it comes to his teams, IF IT DOESN'T SAY PROPERTY OF DON SCHUMACHER RACING....It Doesn't get out. :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back