Indy 1 (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
I thought the racing both on saturday and sunday was good expecially with the teams not racing for such a long time. The NHRATV was marginal as they did not show the scoreboard numbers after each race and sometimes almost forgot to tell the times of the looser. The camera coverage was also pretty marginal. It looked like IRP did a very good job on enforcing the guidelines they had to work with for the spectators and racers. My only question is Indy was allowed a certain number of spectators each day but from the numbers put out they did not have that many either day, it was less than their limit. I wonder if that is because there are many more people who do not want to follow the guidelines so didn't go, or there are more people concerned about the virus and didn't go, or due to the spectator limit people didn't think they would be able to get in? Will be interesting this coming weekend.
I do see that the JFR teams are not entered as of today. Also there are a lot of rumors that NHRA will shut down the season after INDY 2, we shall see.

Only negative I saw as far as crowd was the fence huggers on Saturday. Didn't notice them on Sunday. I think NHRA will run as many races as they can within state guidelines. They are going to have to be flexible with the schedule. This thing could blow up any day from place to place.

I thought the racing was pretty good and was wishing I was there. I haven’t had a nitro fix since last year’s Gators.

I agree with the need for NHRATV to start showing the run summary graphics after the runs.
When they were on ESPN , they would show the RT immediately after the cars launched.
Hey Alan...any chance could you pass that on to the TV crew?

i thought the tv coverage on fox network was great. i enjoyed the 11am CST start; could watch, then get something accomplished. i think the finals were live? the rest was tape delayed
with a 9am CST start time? if that's the case, IMO it worked great. noticed coolers were allowed.

I was there and thought the NHRA did a great job with reminding people to wear masks, social distance, and wash your hands. I think I read somewhere they were going to cap it at 3k fans per day and the number of fans there were just under that. I had plenty of places to sit in the stands to keep my distance from others, I felt comfortable when I was there. I didn't like walking out to my car on Sunday morning only to find someone smashed out my rear window. I stayed at a Marriott in NW Indy and the area seemed pretty decent. They hit me and 10 others. It sucked, but I am not letting it ruin the experience I had on Saturday. Got my new window tonight and getting it tinted on Wednesday morning. I will be bringing my truck this weekend as I will have my family with me, my kid has a baseball tournament Westfield. Should be a good time and HOT.
1594688982756.png

1594689004529.png

I was there and thought the NHRA did a great job with reminding people to wear masks, social distance, and wash your hands. I think I read somewhere they were going to cap it at 3k fans per day and the number of fans there were just under that. I had plenty of places to sit in the stands to keep my distance from others, I felt comfortable when I was there. I didn't like walking out to my car on Sunday morning only to find someone smashed out my rear window. I stayed at a Marriott in NW Indy and the area seemed pretty decent. They hit me and 10 others. It sucked, but I am not letting it ruin the experience I had on Saturday. Got my new window tonight and getting it tinted on Wednesday morning. I will be bringing my truck this weekend as I will have my family with me, my kid has a baseball tournament Westfield. Should be a good time and HOT.
View attachment 6091
View attachment 6092
Was it the courtyard marriot?? That place is known for that if you read reviews (

It was like Pulp Fiction! It was the little differences. Not that I really missed it, but no Mello Yello guys shooting shirts into the stands during oildowns. No big scoreboard for replays. No big nitro mall. It was still a great time!

I agree with the need for NHRATV to start showing the run summary graphics after the runs.
When they were on ESPN , they would show the RT immediately after the cars launched.
Hey Alan...any chance could you pass that on to the TV crew?

Steve,
The nhra.tv feed was the FOX feed, normally we have a separate team that does the in venue (Sunoco Vision) and nhra.tv feed. I will ask if something can be done this weekend, but, I'm not sure if it is possible until we get back to full staffing.

Alan

Looks like a 'Smash and Grab'.

Probably supplementing their welfare and $600/week Covid monies.Only thing safe from theft nowadays are work boots.....

paul, that really sucks about your car.
eric, you couldn't be more rite about work boots.

For those that were there. Was it assigned seating or did they have areas that were "safe" to sit and others not or you left to yourself to decide if you were far enough away from others.

For those that were there. Was it assigned seating or did they have areas that were "safe" to sit and others not or you left to yourself to decide if you were far enough away from others.
It was left to yourself. There was plenty of space to pick from and keep distance.

My only question is Indy was allowed a certain number of spectators each day but from the numbers put out they did not have that many either day, it was less than their limit. I wonder if that is because there are many more people who do not want to follow the guidelines so didn't go, or there are more people concerned about the virus and didn't go, or due to the spectator limit people didn't think they would be able to get in?

The attendance was low as expected due to the fact only NHRA members and people with advance US Nationals tickets were the only ones who got invitations. Of those, people like myself who are on the west coast or even a long drive may not have wanted to make the trip. I wonder how many NHRA members live within driving distance?

I didn't miss the Force teams at all and instead liked seeing some lesser-known teams qualify - even though it was all "names" by the end of the day.

In any case it sure was good to see some current drag racing on TV!

Steve,
The nhra.tv feed was the FOX feed, normally we have a separate team that does the in venue (Sunoco Vision) and nhra.tv feed. I will ask if something can be done this weekend, but, I'm not sure if it is possible until we get back to full staffing.

Alan

Alan,
I thought NHRA.TV was going to be showing live, what would be on the FOX broadcast? The FOX broadcast showed all the things Steve was talking about.
Mike

I enjoyed watching the Sunday show. The racing was good, and fun to watch. The only complaint I have is I had a hard time understanding a few interviewees through the mask, but I do understand there's not much to be done about that.

The attendance was low as expected due to the fact only NHRA members and people with advance US Nationals tickets were the only ones who got invitations. Of those, people like myself who are on the west coast or even a long drive may not have wanted to make the trip. I wonder how many NHRA members live within driving distance?

I didn't miss the Force teams at all and instead liked seeing some lesser-known teams qualify - even though it was all "names" by the end of the day.

In any case it sure was good to see some current drag racing on TV!
I have not been a member for years but received an email offer to buy tickets

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back