How Many Teams Can You Have (1 Viewer)

TOOLMAN

Nitro Member
Now i could be wrong, but according to ESPN they show DSR running 6 teams out of his shop. Is there a limit on how many pro teams you can have or is the limit per category:confused:.

5 in Shumacher's case!;)

hmmmm Let me do the math here Lance....

1) Ron Capps Napa Funny Car
2) Gary Scelzi's Mopar/Oakley Funny Car
3) Jerry Toliver's ROCKSTAR Funny Car
4) Jack Beckman's Valvoline/MTS Funny Car
.....and #5 is???????

How about top fuel.....

1) Tony Schumacher's US ARMY Top FUel Dragster
2) Cory Mac's FRAM Dragster
...and....???

Who are we missing Lance?

hmmmm Let me do the math here Lance....

1) Ron Capps Napa Funny Car
2) Gary Scelzi's Mopar/Oakley Funny Car
3) Jerry Toliver's ROCKSTAR Funny Car
4) Jack Beckman's Valvoline/MTS Funny Car
.....and #5 is???????

How about top fuel.....

1) Tony Schumacher's US ARMY Top FUel Dragster
2) Cory Mac's FRAM Dragster
...and....???

Who are we missing Lance?

I think Lance is "winking" at the fact a lot of people were implying that James Day's ride is a pseudo DSR car.

I think Lance is "winking" at the fact a lot of people were implying that James Day's ride is a pseudo DSR car.

Yep there's 6 Nitro teams under the DSR banner,
But nobodys talking about the lack of participants??
Imagine this.

Schumacher gets tired of it all and decides to go full time fishing in Lake Michigan... and then C. Kalitta and Ken Black decides to do the same.

Evan Knoll is out for this year and maybe he decides not to come back next year or ever?

Who would be left?

There's not enough cars, and there's not enough money to support the few that are out there.

Sh*#! there was only 17 T/F cars & 23 F/C at Pomona... and a couple of each of those, supposedly will be parked after this very first race of the year.

IT Don't Look Good for professional drag racing.

Larry :(

Since we're feeling all good and jolly, let's ask how many cars Force runs out of his shop too.

That's what I thought he was implying,
...Just want him to say it...!

People can "WINK" all day long, but James Ride, except for the fact that it's a Mopar Body, and he is his Son-in-law, has nothing to do with DSR. We can all do the "6 degree's of Separation" and link people with certain teams, Give me time, and I'll link John Force to Don Schumacher himself! But at the end of the day, James Day's Funny Car has nothing to do with DSR, and Tasca's FORD, (Except for the fact that it's a FORD BODY) has nothing to do with JFR.

Yep there's 6 Nitro teams under the DSR banner,
But nobodys talking about the lack of participants??
Imagine this.

Schumacher gets tired of it all and decides to go full time fishing in Lake Michigan... and then C. Kalitta and Ken Black decides to do the same.

Evan Knoll is out for this year and maybe he decides not to come back next year or ever?

Who would be left?

There's not enough cars, and there's not enough money to support the few that are out there.

Sh*#! there was only 17 T/F cars & 23 F/C at Pomona... and a couple of each of those, supposedly will be parked after this very first race of the year.

IT Don't Look Good for professional drag racing.

Larry :(

Then you go to plan "B"....Remember the WINSTON SHOWDOWN?????;)

I think you'll see multiple teams & owners collaborating more and more in the future. I don't know all the rules involved, but look at Ken Black - how he got into nitro racing; he owns the car, but Kalitta "manages" it. In some ways it makes a heck of alot of sense for someone starting up. If you've got the cash and contacts, you can practically plug yourself & your driver into a top notch, competitive team almost overnight. I don't see a problem with these multi-car teams, as long as NHRA respects them and realizes they're a big part of thier pro tour.

I believe team owners are allowed four cars in each professional category.
So . . . the answer is - 16! Schumacher got up to eight and is now back to to seven if you count Tolliver , Cory and the PSB reportedly sponsored by Schumacher Electric (P/S team(s) are gone).
Trying to manage teams in three (or four) Pro categories has got to be like controlling an octopus!
If anyone can do this - it's certainly Shoe. However, why he would want to do this is beyond me! - :D

This screws the guys looking for funding to move up or just keep racing, should be a limit on # of cars per team, look at Jim Head if you are not in the coveted fraternity you mite as well bend over & apply the lube:eek:
It's to hum drum same ole thing:( we need some new blood

Brewing the Juice in Bama

This screws the guys looking for funding to move up or just keep racing, should be a limit on # of cars per team, look at Jim Head if you are not in the coveted fraternity you mite as well bend over & apply the lube:eek:
It's to hum drum same ole thing:( we need some new blood

Brewing the Juice in Bama

....and that BLOOD NEED'S about $2.5 Million to play the game!!!;)

That's what I thought he was implying,
...Just want him to say it...!

People can "WINK" all day long, but James Ride, except for the fact that it's a Mopar Body, and he is his Son-in-law, has nothing to do with DSR. We can all do the "6 degree's of Separation" and link people with certain teams, Give me time, and I'll link John Force to Don Schumacher himself! But at the end of the day, James Day's Funny Car has nothing to do with DSR, and Tasca's FORD, (Except for the fact that it's a FORD BODY) has nothing to do with JFR.
Come on Timmy, do you really believe that? Tell me that you don't believe anything more than bodies have been passed along to those teams? No Data? No engine parts?:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back