Here's a brilliant idea (1 Viewer)

chop

Nitro Member
When there is not a full field in T/F,take the #17 or so F/C and place them in the vacant T/F slot/slots. This way @ least there will be a race instead of a single and the crowd would go wild if a F/C took out a T/F car. I know,I'm a P/S fan but my medications are not working.:D

But ....... What if it won, and then the next round ..... and the final by some twist of fate. You would have two Funny car champs. What about points ?

I love the idea!
Points? What about points? If you can't beat a car that cannot qualify for the F/C field, you don't DESERVE those points. The F/C would not gain any points, just a chance to race and a chance to get sponsors some TV time. Also give the croud another underdog to root for.
Heck, I don't car if they do the same for funny car if they don't have a full field. Let the #17 pro stocker run! Then let's get some serious underdog fan support. Photo opportunities. Could be great for the sport. And again, if your FC gets ripped by a pro stocker, you don't deserve those points. A pro stocker winning the event! That may be the greatest press EVER!!!

When there is not a full field in T/F,take the #17 or so F/C and place them in the vacant T/F slot/slots. This way @ least there will be a race instead of a single and the crowd would go wild if a F/C took out a T/F car. I know,I'm a P/S fan but my medications are not working.:D
That actually happen in TAFC at the Southern Nationals in the early 80's. To top it off, two TAD's ran for the money in the TAFC final.

I believe Scott Kalitta was one of the finalist.

Last edited:
May as well just through the rule book out the window I guess. How can you have a car compete in a class it's NOT legal for?? But if you do get nhra to buy it......let me know.

I want to be the first to compete in T/F in my daily driver. (the only chance I'll have)

Maybe give the F/C a head start like they did in the old Winston Showdown in 1999 at Bristol, that WAS kinda cool back then.

May as well just through the rule book out the window I guess. How can you have a car compete in a class it's NOT legal for?? But if you do get nhra to buy it......let me know.

I want to be the first to compete in T/F in my daily driver. (the only chance I'll have)

Big Zappy in the House???:eek:

:confused:8 car TF fields are coming next year:eek: more tradition broken. Call out the biotchnmowners:p

can't really use the tradition card on that one. They ran 8 car fields in the early 80's. Ran 32 and I think special 64 car classes back in the olden days.

8 Would suck thats for sure

12 car field.

first round=12
second round=6
third round=3 (lowest qualifier gets the bye run)
final round

Do you think NHRA would want to give any of their dollars for Round One money to the 17th FC?:confused:

With the #1 car vs. #16, there will be hell to pay if the FC beat the dragster. :D

Countdown points, etc.!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back