On Any Given Sunday (1 Viewer)

clwill

Nitro Member
I brought this up a couple of months ago, but it seems even more apropos now. For all of those (me included) who tend to complain here on the Mater about NHRA and Compton/Light and the TV coverage and the track prep and the announcers and team domination and ... it sure seems like the glass is way more than half full so far this year. Let's see:

- We've had more different winners in every pro class than I can ever remember. Same with #1 qualifiers.

- We've had impressive firsts with women making a real impact, and people changing classes and pulling off great wins.

- Smaller budget, one car teams are making waves in all the right ways.

- We've had some pretty big fields -- when you look at some of the DNQs in F/C, that means there are at least a few more quality cars than spots. And holy cow, at one point this weekend Dave Connolly was qualified #28 in P/S. (I'll admit T/F is a problem here...).

- We just came off easily the best TV Coverage we've seen in years. It seems like they've listened -- they began with PP in the pits for gosh sakes (do they read the Mater?? :) ). The show ran over, was innovative, creative, and fun to watch.

- The track prep was not only good, but almost heroic. To have a solid track like that with all the random rain was just amazing.

All I'm saying is that, we're all pretty quick to pounce when things go wrong. We should be quick to recognize when things go right. All in all, my NHRA glass is more than half-full this year. How about yours?

as far as the track prep goes.......they finally read the directions on the VHT!!! YAAAAAY!!! They did a GREAT job on the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back