Charlotte Sunday (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
Quite an interesting day today in the fuel classes at Charlotte.

Round 1 of FC: Laughlin/Dunn defeats a tire-smoking Force. Dave Richards defeats a tire-smoking Capps. Terry Haddock defeats a tire-smoking Chad Green. And Paul Lee defeats JR Todd in a competitive race. It's been a long time since we've seen so many big upsets like this in the first Rd. That was a significant defeat for Capps to go out in Rd #1.

It's been a long time since the Jim Dunn car has gone a few rounds. Not an impressive performance, but sometimes if you just get down the track with a so-so ET you will win a few. I wonder if they actually made money by going to the Semi's? Or does it cost more to go rounds than they make in round money?

TF: Both Torrance and Ashley both took big hits in the points by going out in Rd #1. And Brown and Brittany go out in Rd 2. It sure was a good time for the Kaliita car to find some luck and some consistency. Two in a row for Doug. Let's hope for more.

There sure seemed to be much more than the usual amount of tire smokers today, which accounted for most of the upsets. What was up with the track?

There sure seemed to be much more than the usual amount of tire smokers today, which accounted for most of the upsets. What was up with the track?

I noticed that too, especially the left lane in round 1, and then Paul Lee makes a left-lane believer out of us with his 3.91 defeat of JR Todd. Still, round 1 should have seen everybody flying; those were some good conditions, nearly as good as Friday and Saturday.

Man, Leah's having a good countdown, but I wish she could get her RT better. She just seems to be so inconsistent.

Good to see Doug doing well though.

i would guess if the dunn team didn't hurt too many parts in E1 and E2, they walked away with a few bucks. if they hurt stuff, then maybe not?

was fun listening to michael waltrip. he gets it. good on him to cross over with kyle koretsky beverage deal.

anyone have any info why amanda b. was not at charlotte? bruno again doing top end, and also competing in comp.
i think amanda covers nascar trucks and arca, both of which were not in action last weekend.

Man, Leah's having a good countdown, but I wish she could get her RT better. She just seems to be so inconsistent.

She could use some lessons from her husband...and bring Alexis along when she begins classes.

I suppose they all go through periods of starting-line inconsistency. I've seen both those girls run an entire race with nothing worse than .060. Then turn around 2 weeks later and never cut a light better than .100. Brittany used to be the same way but she's found her groove - for the most part. Occasionally she'll eat a ham sandwich when the stage light appears but she's doing a lot better.

anyone have any info why amanda b. was not at charlotte? bruno again doing top end, and also competing in comp.
i think amanda covers nascar trucks and arca, both of which were not in action last weekend.
I saw an interview she did with a driver at a race somewhere. Not sure where.

After seeing what I posted previously, I feel compelled to say that I don't want to come across as being critical in a mean way. I'm not involved with drag racing other than being a fan. If it were easy everyone would be doing it as the saying goes. I am a fan her hers I was just pointing out it was frustrating to watch. She's had a good car of late and making rounds. I think last week in PA she had something like a .048 against either Justin or Austin I believe. Anyway, I just didn't want to come across as a jerk or disrespectful or anything like that..

Last edited:
After seeing what I posted previously, I feel compelled to say that I don't want to come across as being critical in a mean way. I'm not involved with drag racing other than being a fan. If it were easy everyone would be doing it as the saying goes. I am a fan her hers I was just pointing out it was frustrating to watch. She's had a good car of late and making rounds. I think last week in PA she had something like a .048 against either Justin or Austin I believe. Anyway, I just didn't want to come across as a jerk or disrespectful or anything like that..
You didn't. There's a big difference between a critique and being critical, Robert. You're good. ;)

You didn't. There's a big difference between a critique and being critical, Robert. You're good. ;)
This is true. Tone and context don't always translate well via plain written text. Been in IT for over 30 years. I've learned the hard way more than once LOL. Also didn't want to come across as some keyboard warrior a-hole type.

Thanks. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back