Winternationals Questions (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
1. I know the event is a month away, but I can't find an event schedule in a place a casual fan might look. Do you think it would benefit NHRA marketing for people trying to decide when (or if ) to attend to know the schedule?
(Entry list is probably not helping either as it currently shows 2 T/F, 1 F/C and 5 P/S entries.)

2. How have teams dealt with the transporter length issue?

Just askin' . . .

Its not exact but since God was a baby here is something to work with on the schedule.

Thursday and Friday, the real noisy cars late afternoon. School and businesses piss and moan if earlier. Meaning one run each day for the TF/FC/PS cars. I am pretty sure TA cars included.

Saturday and Sunday, the normal national event schedule.

1. I know the event is a month away, but I can't find an event schedule in a place a casual fan might look. Do you think it would benefit NHRA marketing for people trying to decide when (or if ) to attend to know the schedule?
(Entry list is probably not helping either as it currently shows 2 T/F, 1 F/C and 5 P/S entries.)

2. How have teams dealt with the transporter length issue?

Just askin' . . .

Its not exact but since God was a baby here is something to work with on the schedule. Thursday and Friday, the real noisy cars late afternoon. School and businesses piss and moan if earlier. Meaning one run each day for the TF/FC/PS cars. I am pretty sure TA cars included.
Saturday and Sunday, the normal national event schedule.

Thanks, but I'm sure all of us here are aware of that. My point was that those new fans that everyone feels NHRA so desperately needs probably don't know and at this point in time do not have an easily accessed source.
Almost everyone here rants about the poor job NHRA is doing to attract new fans and I was just asking a question about how those who post here feel about this apparent lack of effort.

If you are going to piss and moan about what NHRA needs to do, surely you can find something better than that!!!

"Joe Average Potential New Fan" I highly doubt is going to go to NHRA.com to find a schedule to decide when he/she is going to show up. If the person is planning a trip, ,meaning not a local, he already knows what weekend the race is set to be. The local that has never been to a race is going to decide last minute by looking at the weather forecast and then his wife to see if he will get his ass ripped for blowing $70 for his first day at the drag races. The day he shows up is more of the weather, his finances and his wifes mood more than NHRA.com having a schedule posted a month ahead of time.

Thanks, but I'm sure all of us here are aware of that. My point was that those new fans that everyone feels NHRA so desperately needs probably don't know and at this point in time do not have an easily accessed source.
Almost everyone here rants about the poor job NHRA is doing to attract new fans and I was just asking a question about how those who post here feel about this apparent lack of effort.

If you are going to piss and moan about what NHRA needs to do, surely you can find something better than that!!!

"Joe Average Potential New Fan" I highly doubt is going to go to NHRA.com to find a schedule to decide when he/she is going to show up. If the person is planning a trip, ,meaning not a local, he already knows what weekend the race is set to be. The local that has never been to a race is going to decide last minute by looking at the weather forecast and then his wife to see if he will get his ass ripped for blowing $70 for his first day at the drag races. The day he shows up is more of the weather, his finances and his wifes mood more than NHRA.com having a schedule posted a month ahead of time.

Joe Average Potential New Fan has no idea that the NHRA has a website.

Patrick, this may be the dumbest post I have ever read. In 2012 you honestly believe your statement is true?

Thanks for the fan mail. Yes I do because as Jim hints the potential fan we are speaking of does not even worry about finding a schedule, it's 2012 I live with people who don't even have cell phones let alone would even know how to operate them and these are the same people who own computers yet it's just too hard to try and find the site, yet alone a schudule. It has nothing to do with age, it's the digital age, but not everyone chooses to go digital. There are also people who just go and dont even bother looking. It happens more often than you think.

Plus, most people have never even heard of the NHRA in comparision to other sports, they may not even think they have a site. Thing outside the box. Imagine people who refuse to adapt or don't know anything digital. Quick, someone get on my case that I spelled schedule wrong and did not fix it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about the entry list at this point, last several years have been slow to fill up. Not to mention names always appear even though the driver/team doesn't attend. Actually, this happens for all the races, not just the Winters.

It is kinda interesting that if you google "drag racing" the NHRA website doesn't show up in the first 3 pages. The bottom of the first page has a link to D Herberts induction in the HOF on the NHRA website but I don't consider that effective.

It is kinda interesting that if you google "drag racing" the NHRA website doesn't show up in the first 3 pages. The bottom of the first page has a link to D Herberts induction in the HOF on the NHRA website but I don't consider that effective.

My point exactly. NHRA by no means is a household name and your not going to be going to NHRA.com unless you know there's an NHRA.com. A new fan looking to go to "the dragrace" has may have no clue the NHRA is putting it on until they actually get to the actual race. NHRA should be # 1 on that google search, no exceptions. I'm guilty of it myself and I think most of us may be as well, you give more the general population more credit about knowing what the NHRA is then what really is the truth.

Sorry Patrick, but if your argument is that a guy without a computer or cell phone can't find it on the web, that's pretty ridiculous, don't you think? I also doubt that you can name a multi million dollar company that isn't on the web. But I googled "drag racing Pomona" and the top 5 are all NHRA, so if you know there is a race coming up (radio ad, TV add, heard from a friend) and you look for it you will find it. I do agree that the schedule should be posted by now.

Just for comparison there is a big Rodeo in my neighborhood every year and I googled "Rodeo Tucson", the first thing that comes up is the official site, followed by the schedule.

Alan

Last edited:
Thanks for the fan mail. Yes I do because as Jim hints the potential fan we are speaking of does not even worry about finding a schedule, it's 2012 I live with people who don't even have cell phones let alone would even know how to operate them and these are the same people who own computers yet it's just too hard to try and find the site, yet alone a schudule. It has nothing to do with age, it's the digital age, but not everyone chooses to go digital. There are also people who just go and dont even bother looking. It happens more often than you think.

Plus, most people have never even heard of the NHRA in comparision to other sports, they may not even think they have a site. Thing outside the box. Imagine people who refuse to adapt or don't know anything digital. Quick, someone get on my case that I spelled schedule wrong and did not fix it.

Everyone knows one or two people who refuse to keep up with modern technology..... The MAJORITY of the population here in the USA use the internet on a regular basis whether they own a smart phone/computer or not.

Are you saying that the NHRA's "Joe Average Potential New Fans" ALL fall into that same small percentage of people who do not use computers?

And just because a person does not use a computer, that doesn't mean they wouldn't think about a company having a website. My mother is in her late 60's, she has never used a computer in her life, but she is constantly asking me to look stuff up for her on the internet....

And lastly, I graduated high school 22 years ago. This was roughly the same year that the world wide web went public. Even back then we had computer labs on every floor of the school and some classrooms had their own computers. I even took a computer class several years before the world wide web existed. Basically what I'm saying is.... Anyone under the age of 40 (roughly) all had computers and internet in school while growing up. To think that any of those people (under 40) today wouldn't know enough to think a major company had a website is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back