Good luck to my kiddo! (1 Viewer)

I just had this flashback to a job I had at a weekly newspaper back in the Vegas area. The very first thing I did was cover the Little League softball and baseball All-Star district tournaments. It was hell. Hours in the July Vegas sun ... most of the parents were great and loved that someone from the media cared enough to cover their kids, but there were always a few psycho parents. Those were the ones who created the politics...

Kelly, I'm sure you're one of the wonderful parents. ;) Usually the kids don't even notice the crazy parents much because they're having so much fun playing ... it's great that your son gets to have this kind of experience. I didn't get to play organized sports as a youngster and I'm one of those purists who believes in the educational merits of youth sports. Besides, it'll stave off heart disease and diabetes for a few years...

Thank goodness for the Internet and the rantage. Yay!

So, you have a bit of a breather then before football starts...I say go ride some rollercoasters. Kids like that kind of stuff, right? ;)

Kris, I am a firm believer that our children are learning life lessons by playing team sports. That's one of the reasons that I don't believe in non-competitive leagues. If your child doesn't know how bad it feels to lose, why in the world would he try to succeed?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back