Yay Dean! (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
My kiddo, Dean, has grown an inch and a half in a month! This is awesome! Dean is only 4'11" now...he's been the shortest in his class for 4 years. All his 13 year old buddies are all alot taller. It has been weighing very heavy on him. I know (ah-hem) that they all have started puberty before he has and I have been telling him that he will start growing taller soon. I'm 5'5" and his dad is 6'0" so I knew it would be a matter of time.

I know it might seem trivial to some, but this is a HUGE milestone for my son! :D

<proud mom rant over>

tell him to hang in there Kelly....i was 5'1 my freshman year of high school.....now i am 6'2 :)

No it is not trivial it is very cool. As a Mom that has 3 boys that were the shortest boys in their 7th - 9th grade class's I know. But it only beaging.My kids are 5'9" 6 'and 6'1".take care and way to go Dean.:)

Y'all are so sweet! I'm nearly in tears....especially after the Herberts' recent loss. I treasure every little moment with my Peanut.

I know how being 13 is....you find the greatest pleasure in misc. happiness. I haven't seen him smile so much in a long time!

Oh! And baseball tryouts are Saturday. There is no doubt he will go into it with even more confidence. Baseball is HIS sport....he will feel even more confident now!

I grew SIX inches the summer between my Freshman and Sophomore year in high school. I would lay in bed at night and cry because I could actually feel my legs and arms growing and you would not believe the growing pains. I was the shortest boy in my class in 8th grade and was the second tallest by the end of 10th grade (and am now 6 foot 4) so tell Dean to hang in there.

Speaking of basbeall, does Dean pitch? PLEASE no curveballs until he is 17 or 18. Fastballs and changeups only, his arm will thank you later.

Hey Kel, I can relate. My two boys are now 14 and 12, and we are seemingly joined at the hip. Zach, the 14-year-old and in 8th grade, has always been one of the shortest kids in his class too. He's almost 5'4" now and sprouted a good 6" in the last year. I'm only 5'7" and remember being 5'4" when I was in 10th grade. He's getting his braces off in about 8 weeks so when that happens, he'll likely feel more comfortable with his appearance although now that puberty is kicking in, hopefully the complexion doesn't go south.

Oh, Mark....I've already told him that Proactive is only a credit card away if THAT happens to him. I haven't been able to talk him into braces yet. He said....NO WAY! I'm not going to be short AND have braces! lol

Chris.....he did pitch a couple of seasons ago, but it just wasn't for him. He's stellar at SS and the coaches like to keep him there. :)

Kel, I was 5"8" in the 6th grade and by the time I got to 9th grade I was 6'2" but so had the same looks.:D Oh well 1 outa 2 isnt bad:cool::rolleyes::eek:

I always wanted big kids. I do have one daughter who is an honest-to-goodness 5'10". Does that count?

Last edited:
Kelly/Dean

8th grade, 6'1" 145.... stopped growing then... still 6'1 145...
It was tuff with all my friends being a foot less... but then, mom was 4'11...
Every one's different, and yes, your real friends could care less.

Kinda strange at the track, except for Grubby and Doug H. can't find a driver even close... Ain't how tall ya are, it's about how you carry yourself... Ask your mom, Ron, Gary, Robert, John Force, are all so much larger than life that only in retrospect do you realize they aren't 8 feet tall.

d'kid

Kelly
I was 4'11" when I was in high school. The summer after I got out of school I grew to 5'8". I think school was stunting my growth. Maybe he should quit school & test that out!;)

Hey Kel, I see you've got a new avatar. That was taken in Vegas when you were abandoned trackside like a homeless waif, wasn't it? Nice pic.

Smart kid not wanting "the braces and being short".

I had those things for 5 years thru 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12th grade.
Brutal.

He has a smart lady of a Mom ;)

BTW nice av Kelly!

Kelly, you may have to come up with a new nickname. We used to call my youngest son peanut and boo bear! He asked us to not call him at about 13 teen. He is still my little boo bear.

Kelly, you may have to come up with a new nickname. We used to call my youngest son peanut and boo bear! He asked us to not call him at about 13 teen. He is still my little boo bear.

Pretty sure Dale Creasy Jr has the market cornered on "Peanut".

So I think you and Kelly both have to come up with new nicknames. :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back