SYBA 13 year old All Stars...GO DEAN! (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
WOOHOO! Our boys won their first District game 19-7!

Even though Dean was 14 on May 13th, he's on the 13 year olds All Star team. The cut-off is May 1st.

Splendora is hosting the District tournament and we managed to draw the bye yesterday. They kicked butt this morning. Dean got a couple of RBI's with a standup double, walked twice, thrown out at 1st and struck out swinging. He had 2 awesome plays in the field for the 3rd out both times! I'll post some pics later. I gotta go back up and watch the 14 year olds.....some of Dean's season teammates. The season teams were a combo of 13/14.

We play Monday and Tuesday (gotta lose 2 to be out) and possibly Wednesday...at 3 pm. How stupid is that time? Heat of the day....and what about the ones who don't have flexible jobs like I do? Anyway, they were undefeated in District last year with virtually the same team. Just a difference of only 3 players. WE'RE LOOKING FOR BACK-TO-BACK DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
You go DEAN!!

Awesome stuff Kell..I'm glad the internet wasn't around when I did it ..oh...'65-66..geez..I spilled the beans..I'm older than Karl!!!:D My Mom would have went apesh!t wit it.

We won the Cedar Rapids City tourney then..and I'll never forget it..and neither will Deano.

Congrats Kell..take pics. You'll never forget it.

Go get 'em fellas!
Kel, I can't imagine how proud you are. This is the same team that received compliments last year on their excellent sportsmanship, isn't it?

Thanks y'all!

Yep, Kel....it's basically the same team. We lost 3.....one to injury, one cuz he was too young and had to stay back in the 11/12 yr olds league and one cuz he just didn't play this year. He's kicking himself now! In fact, I'm even going to pick him up today to go with. So, we added 3 new boys that are great kiddos also. :)

200806015024.jpg

200806015032.jpg

Thanks Mark. I guess that answers you question about what I did this weekend. A bunch of us parents were at the ballpark most of Saturday and Sunday supporting the locals and scoping out the competition. LOL

I might be a tad biased, but DANG he's a cute kid! ;)
200806015034.jpg

Thanks Mark. I guess that answers you question about what I did this weekend. A bunch of us parents were at the ballpark most of Saturday and Sunday supporting the locals and scoping out the competition. LOL

I might be a tad biased, but DANG he's a cute kid! ;)
200806015034.jpg

Aye, he's a fine lookin' lad. Yep, that certainly answered my question. And I thought you were avoiding me. I just wasn't lookin' in the right place.

OMG! That's OK....those two ladies' kids scam on me all the time! LOL He adores Diedra and Stacy...they are two of my very good friends.

WOOHOO! We won 14-7! Sweet.....if we beat them tomorrow, it's on to State! :D

Dean and his team did it again! Back-to-back All Stars District Champs! They were undefeated in the tournament again this year….. 19-7, 14-7 and 12-8. On to the State Tournament in Dayton next month!

That’s my nutty kid hanging on the big kid in the back.
DistrictGame3048.jpg

Dean and his team did it again! Back-to-back All Stars District Champs! They were undefeated in the tournament again this year….. 19-7, 14-7 and 12-8. On to the State Tournament in Dayton next month! ]

Hey Kel, remind me when it is and I might come out and watch. Tell the kiddo I said congrats.

Cool! It starts July 12th.....we don't know what time our first game is yet. :)

Thanks y'all! The kiddos are stoked! Now, they get a second board at the park!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back