Dean Nicopolis, Ramchargers SS driver, loses battle with cancer (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
From Tom Myl. My condolences to Tom and all of Dean's family and friends. JA

"Just found out that former SS racer Dean Nicopolis passed away last week. You may remember, he was in the other lane when I won the Grandnational at Sanair. He was a class guy, a real racer, and had remained in touch with me over the years. I was privileged to call him a friend. May he rest in peace.

"There was no funeral service. He had cancer the last couple years, and recently had it come back. Apparently, he went in for a chemo treatment recently and had a severe reaction to it and died the next day. The Detroit Free Press ran an obit. It can be searched on their site.

Of course, I remember that day in 71 vividly. You and all my NED friends made that day possible for me. Without all of you, it would not have happened. Dean only lost by two or three hundredths. After the race, he was very gracious and genuinely happy for me, tough to do in the days of only 8 national meets a year. I will miss him.
Tom

New Page 1
click on link above, then Obituaries on left side, then select Dean's name.
If you wish to leave a condolence, thought or memory of Dean for his family, please click on 'leave a condolence' in the lower right corner of the screen.

Last edited:
Dean and his team of engineer racers (The Ramchargers) were pioneers in our sport. Dean was a great guy and will be sorely missed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back