"good authority..." (1 Viewer)

I think people should be respected as long as they demonstrate having good intentions, that it shouldn't even factor into agreeing or disagreeing.

I'll start. I think it is incorrect by some to assume that everyone that posted on the old 'mater wouldn't make the same posts had they had to use their name.

Yes, having the owners/drivers/sponsors post here is a neat thing, but does that mean that we can't post that "I don't Bud," or "in my opinion, **** will never be a driver in the same class as ****"

but, that's just my opinion

I think as long as everything is done in a tasteful and respectful manor, there will be no issues. It's great to see drivers like Ron Capps posting again!

Well, the respect and intentions things always carried a lot of weight with me. I think most of the "debates" I've gotten into on here had to do with people slipping in little words that indicated that they were personally disrespecting someone, or disrespecting what someone was saying, not just disagreeing.

It's always been more about the cars than the drivers for me, so I could care less about 99.9% of the personal stuff that went on here concerning "who's a better driver" and "who deserves to drive for who."

Anyway,Jerrod and I had done a few live chats in the past on here,and maybe we can start that up again with more drivers possibly as well.

Sweet! I remember those....it would be great to have them again!
BTW,they are saying it's going to be close to 100 degree's up here this weekend,should be interesting.
RC
Yikes! Go get 'em! Be safe and GO ROUNDS!

And please pass on to Ace that we are all happy he is doing better so far this time around.

Hey Terry, blow that avatar on up man! I love that ride with the simple black, the sonny's power & the Pilchers are a real nice family to boot...What else could you want?? Oh yeah from Bama too!!!

How's that? That was at Rockingham last year. Ran 6.22@227 and barely got in at #15.

I have it on good authority that two former posters think this board has been "ruined" by the changes. I beg to differ.

Jim
I don't see any thing that has been ruined, except for the good time that the negative posters had by attacking with their no name posting and picking on others like a bully. It's hard to defend against no see ums and they know it. Now they can go make someone else's life miserable.

This is a far better place already, lots of people posting and viewing.

I think people should be respected as long as they demonstrate having good intentions, that it shouldn't even factor into agreeing or disagreeing.

Ron, I totally disagree that good intentions have anything to do with agreeing or disagreeing, or even agreeing to disagree. I also believe that you would agree that if your down here on a friday afternoon, that ya'd give me a call and even if we disagree, that we will agree to go have a brewski or two.

You agree with that? :rolleyes: Now, R>E>S>P>E>C>T ! is whole different number

To me, it doesn’t really matter if use real names or not. I always use mine as you can tell from me email & IM & myspace & everything else. I personally think that if you are going to criticize, complain, or try to discredit someone you should at least be a big enough person to sign your real name to it. Some people I guess may feel otherwise but I do think the changes to this site are good thing. :cool:

I think it is incorrect by some to assume that everyone that posted on the old 'mater wouldn't make the same posts had they had to use their name.
Viewing this remark from the snapshot in my view, I'll disagree. I sincerely believe that some of the things that were said to me or about me wouldn't have been said face to face. Being 6' 4" and over 250 lbs I can assure you that many would have withheld such vile disrespect in a face to face meeting. I know, I have had the opportunity to meet up with some of them and they spoke and acted way more respectfully in person.

I believe Ron Dunlap's words ring quite true here.

He Stated:

Very well said Ron!

Test

Tried to delete this test message, yet it appears there is no "Delete" function.

Last edited:
I think the new Mater is going to be a much nicer place to visit, Thanks to J-rod and Shannon for doing it!

Viewing this remark from the snapshot in my view, I'll disagree. I sincerely believe that some of the things that were said to me or about me wouldn't have been said face to face. Being 6' 4" and over 250 lbs I can assure you that many would have withheld such vile disrespect in a face to face meeting. I know, I have had the opportunity to meet up with some of them and they spoke and acted way more respectfully in person.

COLOR]

I understand, however, I was referring to myself. I was saying that the broad brush that had been use to basically say everyone not using their name wouldn't have posted the same...I was saying I would have...now I agree with you..I can think of some that wouldn't have

I think the main thing is if you post crap, we know where you live. or paypal does anyway :D :eek:

Well, I have to admit that I haven't seen any of what I'd call personal attacks on this new board so far.

Is it the use of actual names, the pain in the butt registration process, or requiring of a dollar to join? :) (or all three?)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back