"good authority..." (1 Viewer)

Check the 'Where's Dan Lynch" thread in the Lounge? Was my answer 'bashing' as Mr. Wagner alludes? I don't think so, but this could be one of the test cases as to just what constitutess 'bashing' . I thought I was just answering the original question. :(

Sorry ms Allen, but the thread is "Where's Dan Lynch", not comming on with what's he saying on another board. It still goes back to nailing someone that you know isn't planning on comming back here. Some of the "NO NAMES" that used to be here had some very interesting stuff to share with the rest of us, and some were just S&&t spreaders. It was up to the person reading the "NO NAMES" posts to deside for them self's.
I'm done with the subject.:cool:

The only problem as I see it with using real names, is that some of us, involved in the business of drag racing have much more to lose than others who are just everyday fans. There are hundreds of thousands of fans who can use their real name on here and still say whatever they like as it will never affect their business/work and no-one on here will ever know their face even if they did run into them at the track.

Like has been said there are crew members that simply will not be allowed to post on here any more and I would totally understand why any team wouldn't want them to I wouldn't want my employees possibly endangering my business with even an accidental slip of the tongue either.

Shame it has to be this way I think, but there are those that will always have an axe to grind, who would and have used the Mater to progress their own agenda using multiple aliases because they don't feel worthy enough to air their opinions and stand behind them.

CP

I do not think it is worth discussing as it takes us down the same toll road we just left behind.

I disagree, It does bear discussing if for no other reason as to find out just how much the NEW board will differ from the old. And if the same standards (depending on who says what) will still apply.:confused:

Just trying to determine what 'bashing' is. I think that's worth discussing isn't it?

Jackee, with all good intentions, if posts are positive, informative, without dragging someone, something, or an entity down, it is all good.

I know we will all, including myself, express frustration at sanctioning bodies, rules decisions, ESPN coverage, and blah blah blah..... We are human and without controversy, spice, and some well placed satire we would all probably get bored, go home and watch re-runs.

Anyway, All I am trying to say is if we continue to post about critisisms on other sites, old attitudes, continue to wish for our old screen names, and perpetuate the bad crap that prompted this good change, then I think we raise the risk of falling back into the old saddle. We all know crap when we see it.

I moderate another car site. It has several site in competition with it. We have a no bashing policy. I believe we do a pretty good job of staying out of flame wars and such as I simply delete anything inflamatory to other sites. Every month I receive a complaint from someone calling me a nazi, but that is the life of a mod... The bottom line is that over time, several key people very high up have joined the site and although they do take their lumps, they also know that they are respected and in turn they respect the rest of us.

Nothing is wrong with being critical, haveing likes and dislikes, but when other boards and questionable comments start to crop up we all know a cow pie when we see one.

Anyway, thats just my opinion and I find everyones opinion interesting as it helps me learn more about the people on this site.

Jim Jannard,
I don't think you will "take the heat" for the changes that happened on this site.I'm of the opinion that Jerrod and Shannon were debating for a while on when to do this.Now,if I am wrong,and it was your post that got the ball rolling,then I tip my hat to you.

I have it on good authority that two former posters think this board has been "ruined" by the changes. I beg to differ.

Jim

Sounds like the old board to me.:rolleyes: Induendo by "former posters" :confused: Excuse me, but a LOT of people feel the same way. Only time will tell to see if this new one turns into a kiss fest.:D My self included. Been 3-4 days so let's not get TOO full of our self's yet. OK?

I'm just happy to be able to post messages to those inside the business, and with me being a casual fan, I think it's cool that we can do this. I really like this new format.

Just trying to determine what 'bashing' is. I think that's worth discussing isn't it?

I think so. Do most posters here think it is OK to question the sanctioning body (and/ or its personnel) RE decisions than team owners or drivers? I guess I expect the sanctioning body to be more open and explanitory on, rulings, rule changes, etc.
Dave Clark

I really don't care who is to blame or to hail for the changes. I really love them.
And onto another topic:
Disagreements are fine with me. Heated disagreements are fine with me too. But when you disrespect, call someone names, or state how bad of a person they are because they disagree with you or your favorite driver/tuner/owner- that is bashing in my mind.
I am just glad to be here!

If someone doesn't like the new site, DON'T COME TO IT!! It seems some people like to bitch and moan about anything.

My 2 cents worth....

Hi all....

After reading this topic I thought I would throw my 2 cents in and give you some input from a lonnnnng time lurker, and once in a blue moon poster.

Some background on myself.
I've been a rabid drag racing fan for close to 30 years, and while never actually have raced at my hometrack (Cordova), I know enough to make myself "dangerous", and my youngest daughter incredibly informed as JUST as rabind a fan.
When I do take that step and cough up the money for a nostalgia FED car, I'll be ready.
I'm not naive to the issues both good and bad that plague both NHRA and IHRA drag racing, my eyes and ears have taken everything in over the years, so I AM aware.
That being said, I dearly love this sport and have always felt that once you expose someone to fuel cars.....that they will be hooked....period.
Its just something that has to be seen, smelled and felt in person to be fully appreciated.
Ok...on to how I feel about posting on Nitromater.
The old board.....I felt very VERY out of place posting....just never comfortable doing so. I didnt have hundreds of posts....so I guess I felt I would never be taken seriously.
Right, wrong or indifferent thats how I felt...
This board however, has an altogether different feel, and it was apparent from the very start.
While I dont know that my postings will ever climb into the thousands...I will participate more on this board for sure.
Jerrod and all the other moderaters, you'r doing a HELLUVA job and you should be commended....I thank you.
Mssr's Jannard, Shumacher and ANY drivers that support the 'mater, I thank you in advance.
Your input and words of wisdom truly is appreciated, and mark my words, I WILL stop and say hi at the next Natl. event I attend, even if its just to say thank you for being involved and supporting the most intense motorsport in the world.
Great message board.......I love it!!

Scott

Hey guys,not sure who's idea it was Jerrod,Shannon,Jim Jannard.....Doesn't matter,great job.Although it was humurous at times to read some of the stuff people splattered on here,I think more times than not it became more negative than positive and it used to be cool to see other driver post on here at times until they were run off by people hiding behind their keyboards saying anything they wanted. Anyway,Jerrod and I had done a few live chats in the past on here,and maybe we can start that up again with more drivers possibly as well.BTW,they are saying it's going to be close to 100 degree's up here this weekend,should be interesting.
RC

Hey guys,not sure who's idea it was Jerrod,Shannon,Jim Jannard.....Doesn't matter,great job.Although it was humurous at times to read some of the stuff people splattered on here,I think more times than not it became more negative than positive and it used to be cool to see other driver post on here at times until they were run off by people hiding behind their keyboards saying anything they wanted. Anyway,Jerrod and I had done a few live chats in the past on here,and maybe we can start that up again with more drivers possibly as well.BTW,they are saying it's going to be close to 100 degree's up here this weekend,should be interesting.
RC

Welcome in Ron. Good luck in that heat and that altitude. I hope Ace shows 'em all how it's done (and hope he is feeling well).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back