"good authority..." (1 Viewer)

Some have a problem with acountabitlity. If you really have an issue, whether it be about rule changes or personal distaste or other racers, you should stand up for it. The old board offered protection with aliases, me included. But that is gone now, now is the time to stand up and let er' rip. Go for it. If you have the balls!

I believe our conversation in Pomona last year about the faceless-nameless cheap shots being thrown around the old Mater by those who were completely unidentifiable were a great reason for such a change. I'm not afraid of standing behind anything I've said despite what the John McGuires of the world say about my hat's color. I've often spoken my mind but never intended to offend, belittle or abuse another or his opinion. There were many times when others went beyond debate well into abuse from the safety and security of their unknown identities. It also seems their favorite targets were the higher profile members. It would be very easy to list specific names and instances but this is a new era and we have the potential to communicate on a much higher roadway than before. I can only hope such abusive behavior won't be tolerated.

This new board is much more akin to speaking face to face having our identities open. Generally speaking, a clear-headed, sober person will speak with others using respect and dignity. Those attributes were absent with certain members due to their unknown identities. This is far better in my eyes!
Hey that's just me though despite the color of my hat?

Just a little overboard don't you think?

Hmm????? My own opinion is that many things need to get blown away, but leaving the foundation to build something bigger and better. I cannot understand why some would say this place is now ruined? The only thing I can think of is narrow minded people or just people that like to start s**t for free. Jim, I congratulate you for IMO giving that kick to what ended up being a change for the better.

No offense intended (since I was already on defense from your remarks)

What I was trying to say was almost all of us steped over to the darkside somewhere along the line. Welcome back.

I can only think of five people I would not like see back and one of them is a protected mod favorite.

Hey Jim,

You're avatar crazy, huh? I think I've seen 6 different avatars for you since the new Mater inception. Surely you're not that indecisive, right? :p :D

I can't wait to see your new one(s) for tomorrow! ;)

I am sure there will be....... and maybe some good humor too (my favorite was the poster someone did of WJ RE "Back to School" after the WJ/ Connolly staging duel last year). I do think a change was needed and disagreements should remain civil. I also expect someone to test the fence and see if the power is on.
Dave Clark

Check the 'Where's Dan Lynch" thread in the Lounge? Was my answer 'bashing' as Mr. Wagner alludes? I don't think so, but this could be one of the test cases as to just what constitutess 'bashing' . I thought I was just answering the original question. :(

I've always used a screen name, but never hid behind it. My full name is always in my signature. The screen name just represented my first interest in drag racing.

Time will tell what the future holds for the new mater. Whatever that is, real identities are the way to go, in my opinion. My Mom used to tell me that if you're not willing to sign your name to your words and actions, you shouldn't be saying or doing them. I've tried to live by those words. Doing so is not without risk, and that's for sure. But at the end of the day, you know you faced the world honestly. To many, that still means something.

I am sure there will be....... and maybe some good humor too (my favorite was the poster someone did of WJ RE "Back to School" after the WJ/ Connolly staging duel last year).
Dave Clark
You mean this one? I agree, it was funny then and I think it's funny now! It was actually spawned from WJ's announcement that he was not retiring after going through the "School's Out" tour. The Connolly part just happened to be a convenient subject to be included. :D I wish I could remember who did this for me... It was the friend of a Mater member who obviously has some skills in Photoshop.

BTS2.jpg

I guess I should take the heat for this change. It seems to have started with my "land of disrespect" post on the old site. Personally, I like it a LOT better. If anyone has a problem with it, I guess they can come talk to me at one of the races and I'll be glad to explain why it is a good thing.

Jim

Hey Jim, I'd like to take you up on your offer - but I have this thing about Mountains and Mohammed (sp)... I shall be definitely attending race meetings at Mantorp Park (Sweden) and Santa Pod (England), perhaps you could look me up... Joking!

You mean this one? I agree, it was funny then and I think it's funny now! It was actually spawned from WJ's announcement that he was not retiring after going through the "School's Out" tour. The Connolly part just happened to be a convenient subject to be included. :D I wish I could remember who did this for me... It was the friend of a Mater member who obviously has some skills in Photoshop.

BTS2.jpg

Thats it, Thanks.
Dave Clark

The only complaints I've heard via email and other sites is concerns over security and the need for a non free email account. Both are keeping some very good people away.

Hey Jerrod any news on my name issue??? We'll end up with 2 of me soon

This is a wonderful site. It was before and it is even better now.
That said, the development of a site is simply a combination of structure and direction from the owners/dmins, and the personalities of the members, usually focused around a general topic.

Usually there are plenty of trees which sometimes makes the forest more difficult to see.

With the recent pruning I would like to think we can move on and leave the "other sites" to comment as they will. I too have done some "reading" and I have my own opinions but I believe they have no place on the new Mater as open posts. If someone wants to talk about crap then I would view it is my responsibility, as a regular board member, to keep it off the board. PMs and email is fine, but I think this place has made a great new start and will develop as it will with some tweaking. Posting about other sites or even, no offense Jim, assuming the attitude of responsibility for the changeover, from the outside looking in I would "assume" (and I know what that gets me), the only thing that changed was the time frame (expedited).

I'd be happy to get back to discussing drag racing, sponsorships, team strategies, and our favorite targets (NHRA/IHRA), in a constructive and open way.

Hey, by using my real name maybe someone will even hire me. ;)

Seems much of this thread is for bashing the nameless bashers that we ran from, like little kids from the schoolyard bullies. Am I wrong?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back