Gm Says Nascar's The One (1 Viewer)

Yeah, and those owners named Petty, Ganassi, Childress and Evernham use to do a little racin' too.

"The Captain" Roger Penske is also part responsible for why it cost so damn much race these days.

Yup--ever since the somb*tch figured out how to get companys to pay for him to go racing in the early sixties. His 1st major sponsor (when there were none in road racing) was Zerex antifreeze--while he was driving an AIR COOLED Porsche!! :p

Last edited:
If I were GM, I would drop NHRA in a heartbeat if a choice had to be made between NHRA and Nascar.
The Funny cars don't look anything like production cars, so what's the point?
Pro Stock is as boring to watch on TV as a church service.

It's just the nature of the beast. Nascar is light years ahead of NHRA because it's a sellable product on TV.
Drag racing isn't...

If I were a sponsor looking to buy a spot on a car, NHRA wouldn't cross my mind. I think the current state of sponsorship proves my point.

Listen to Barrett, most of you have no idea his background or experience concerning GM's involvement.

Hell I think NHRA is a great opportunity for GM. They are pretty much the exclusive manufacturer. If you don't think GM hasn't brought anything to the table for NHRA, you obviously need to keep your hands off your keyboard.

The latest example is the ADR that every Top Fuel dragster and funny car is using now. The ADR is labeled as a Delphi product and Ford makes it look like they developed the product. Yet Ford merely paid for the latest iteration of the device from Delphi..which was a GM subsidiary. GM originated the ADR during their Indy car days.

Only a small percentage of racers or keyboard racers have any clue how much GM helps drag racing. And really only GM knows how much they get back in return from NHRA. Several of you want to believe you know the rights and wrongs...you have no idea.

The latest example is the ADR that every Top Fuel dragster and funny car is using now. The ADR is labeled as a Delphi product and Ford makes it look like they developed the product. Yet Ford merely paid for the latest iteration of the device from Delphi..which was a GM subsidiary.

This sounds very similar to Ford's "Boss 500" fuel motor. They claim it to be theirs when it's obviously the Chrysler design with Ford's "Boss 500" covers on the valve covers.

The head of marketing at Ford must be Pinocchio!

There isn't a REAL racer owner in the bunch.

uh......I don't mind opinions, but don't mislead the public.

Richard Childress, owner #29, #07, #31
(as a driver) 285 starts, 6 top 5's 76 top 10's.

Richard Petty,owner #43, #45
(no stats required) ;)

Ray Evernham, owner #9, #10, #19
(driver) NASCAR Modifieds 1979-1983, 1991

Dale Earnhardt, Sr. (owned #1, #8, #15)
(no stats required) ;)

Robby Gordon, owner #7
(driver) 3 Cup wins, 1 Nationwide Series Win, 4 Straight Daytona 24 hour class wins, 3 Straight Sebring Class wins, 6 SCORE off road championships, 3 BAJA 1000 wins, 1 BAJA 500 win, 3 INDY 500 Top 5's in 10 starts.

Penske and Ganassi are two of the purest racers America has to offer.

Last edited:
It's not like NASCAR's car of tomorrow resembles the factory car either. But NASCAR still lends itself to live TV.

And I may be wrong, but I believe that GM and Delphi have ended their relationship. Again, I thought a parts rep had told me this, but I may be wrong.

Yes now Delphi is a stand alone business. At the time when the ADR was developed Delphi was part of GM
Toby

It's not like NASCAR's car of tomorrow resembles the factory car either. But NASCAR still lends itself to live TV.

And I may be wrong, but I believe that GM and Delphi have ended their relationship. Again, I thought a parts rep had told me this, but I may be wrong.

Lets just say that with the exception of Pro Stock it wouldn't be as noticable as say the Torco deal but why are we talking about something so negative that hasn't even happened?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back