Amanda Smith marrying Scott Speed July 18, 2009 (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Got this from Jayski's site. Jayski's® NASCAR Sprint Cup Silly Season Site

Speed getting married this weekend: #82 Red Bull Racing Team driver Scott Andrew Speed will wed Amanda Smith Mathis on Saturday, July 18th in a black and white-themed ceremony and reception. The couple, who wrote their own vows, will say "I do"at the 55-acre Graylyn Estate in Winston Salem, NC in front of 120 of their closest friends and family. The couple became engaged in November 2008. "I'm really excited for our wedding this weekend, for sure!" Speed said. "Amanda has put a lot of planning into this wedding so I know it will be a really fun evening. We have a lot of family and friends coming in town to see us tie the knot, so it will be nice to hang out and have some fun with everyone. What can I say - head first, here we go!" The 26-year old Speed helped pick the wedding location and the design for the invitations, but when it came down to details, he let his bride-to-be take the reins. "Honestly, Scott's just been too busy this year to find time for wedding planning," Mathis said. "I'm definitely the organized one of the the two of us, so I really enjoyed the wedding planning experience. Scott claims he's going to have one final input - and that's the song for our first dance - but we'll see about that!"(Red Bull Racing Team)(7-14-2009)

Congratulations Amanda!

I pulled very hard for Scott in F1 and I have found myself recently pulling hard for him once again in Cup. As an amateur observer, I always felt Red Bull/Toro Rosso gave him a raw deal in F1, so I think it's cool Red Bull/Dieter Mateschitz ponied up the cash to give Scott a shot at NASCAR and it's very cool that Scott seems to be making the most of it, as he has been coming around.

I would say any children you have will have some strong racing bloodlines! I can only image your family dinners are VERY boring talking about racing stuff ;)

Best of luck Amanda.

Best wishes and happy wedding day! just make sure he doesnt wear those crazy zebra striped racing shoes under the formal wear! ;)

Thanks everyone! Keep rooting for him. Things have been going good the last few weeks, we've just had bad luck. Had top-20 runs the last three weeks and have been taken out. Hopefully it will turn around.

The wedding should be fun. I will get Matthew to post some pics on his blog afterwards. :)

Thanks everyone! Keep rooting for him. Things have been going good the last few weeks, we've just had bad luck. Had top-20 runs the last three weeks and have been taken out. Hopefully it will turn around.

The wedding should be fun. I will get Matthew to post some pics on his blog afterwards. :)

Looks like we lost another Drag race fan to Nascar!!!!:eek::p;)

I have met Scott a few times from his Torro Rosso days (I have family involved with Red Bull F1) and he is a really stand up guy.

Good luck to you both and tell him to keep pushing, his day will come. It says a lot when Dieter Mateschitz has faith in you.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back