OH Darn ! The Lights Go Out Tonight For Pontiac ! (1 Viewer)

Maybe we should all drive jap cars like the toyota tundra, they never had any problems with those rusting in half. Get a life buddy.

The Tundra is built in Ft Wayne, Indiana ... from more American sourced parts than most GM/Dodge/Ford trucks ...

For the last 6 or 7 years the most "American" car has been the Toyota Camry ... built in Georgetown, Kentucky from more than 90% American sourced parts ...

I drive a Pontiac GTO ... built by Holden ... in Australia ... from way less than 50% American sourced parts ...

Yet 95% of the people on this board would assume I'm the one driving an American car ...

The last car I drove was a VW Jetta ... built in Mexico ... from parts mostly sourced from Brazil ... yet everyone assumed I drove a German car ...

It is a global economy ... American/German/Japanese cars are a quaint notion from the 20th Century ...

The Tundra is built in Ft Wayne, Indiana ... from more American sourced parts than most GM/Dodge/Ford trucks ...

For the last 6 or 7 years the most "American" car has been the Toyota Camry ... built in Georgetown, Kentucky from more than 90% American sourced parts ...

I drive a Pontiac GTO ... built by Holden ... in Australia ... from way less than 50% American sourced parts ...

Yet 95% of the people on this board would assume I'm the one driving an American car ...

The last car I drove was a VW Jetta ... built in Mexico ... from parts mostly sourced from Brazil ... yet everyone assumed I drove a German car ...

It is a global economy ... American/German/Japanese cars are a quaint notion from the 20th Century ...
Not sure I agree with all your percentages there Chris. I think the bottom line here is the overall attitude ... GM, Ford, and Chrysler will forever be known as American car companies. Its brand recognition plain and simple. I work for a 100+ year old Blue Chip corporation. I understand as much as anyone about the global economy. We have at least 1 facility in more than 25 countries around the world. However, since the company was founded in the US and as long as the world headquarters are located in the USA ... it will always be an American company. It is just symantics. In most cases, it makes people feel better.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back