Fs1/ nhra thumbs down (1 Viewer)

I don’t really care the reason or who is responsible. Most important, least important, lowest rated, highest rated doesn’t matter to me. I’m not mad I’m disappointed. I feel if anyone namely the NHRA cared about me seeing that program they would make sure I seen it one way or another. There are too many ways to get that content out to your fans. If I’m served cold food or no food at a restaurant repeatedly I’m going to complain and if I keeps happening I’m going to spend my time elsewhere. I’ll probably always follow what’s going on in drag racing but if its importance to me reduced to just reading results I’m not going to be a very profitable fan. As I said before eliminations have for the most part started on time with few issues but qualifying is just a mess. I’ve also been disappointed when I go to watch Friday and it aired too early so they just show the first session. I have to go online to see what happens because it was never going to air in the first place.
As far as NHRA TV goes I’ve rented it for single races in the past and had some issues including missing the whole end which was not on my end others had the same issue. I also can’t sit and watch all day long so I keep DIRECTV mainly so I can watch it there. Those 3 hour races are a difficult enough thing for me to sit through. I guess if you are retired or unemployed watching tv the entire weekend is an option.

Last edited:
It starts on time on nhra.tv I can't imagine any serious fan not coughing up 10 bucks a month to see their favorite sport instead of counting on Fox to show something when scheduled. Or NHRA could pay Fox more for a bettter schedule....
I agree ,nhra needs to pay more to racers,better time slots,not overpaying execs. Guess what,aint happening. Nhra is cheap when it comes to tv. These idiots on fs1 still cant get the sound sync right with the cars after all these years. Seems they are pushing to get people to pay nhratv instead of watching fs1. I tried nhratv,not impressed and sometimes its not even live lol

so, paying close to 200 bucks a month for cable isn't enough....NHRA wants me to pay for their special coverage too???

All of the sponsors need to ask FOX where their dollar$$$$$ go

ps- listen to Force in his interviews...he seems to be one of the only ones pushing his car sponsors anymore...all I hear from most of the others is thanks to their team or owners

pps- remember when it was illegal to tape the sports broadcasts....but now they invite us DVR them because we can't stay up to watch them?
And when you DVR, you skip the sponsors commercials, right?

pps- remember when it was illegal to tape the sports broadcasts....but now they invite us DVR them because we can't stay up to watch them?
And when you DVR, you skip the sponsors commercials, right?

Your DVR is an internet connected device, so much like every other internet connected device, the data they collect on you via the DVR is much more valuable.

My gripe this weekend was with YoutubeTV. They have been excellent all season getting all the shows even some that ran over or came on late into my DVR (or Library as they call theirs). But this weekend I noticed in my recordings list the only NHRA they have listed was the finals and sure enough I did not get recordings of the two qualifiers. I watched Friday live and caught the Sunday morning replay of the Saturday Nitro but this is not good. I reported this issue to them and we will see what happens..

Your DVR is an internet connected device, so much like every other internet connected device, the data they collect on you via the DVR is much more valuable.

Nope... my DVR is a Magnavox that I bought for around 225 bucks from Walmart and it has a DVD recorder too. Standalone system just like a VCR. They have no idea what I’m watching.

It starts on time on nhra.tv I can't imagine any serious fan not coughing up 10 bucks a month to see their favorite sport instead of counting on Fox to show something when scheduled. Or NHRA could pay Fox more for a bettter schedule....
Do you have to watch nhra.tv live or can you go back and watch when you want?

Nope... my DVR is a Magnavox that I bought for around 225 bucks from Walmart and it has a DVD recorder too. Standalone system just like a VCR. They have no idea what I’m watching.

Does your DVR have an on-screen guide? If the answer is yes, then they abdolutely know what you are watching and when. If the answer is no, then how do you program it?

If it's like the one I used to have it's basically a Digital VCR you set the time and duration and you either tune the channels in the recorder or use a cable box and reminders to have it on the correct channel when the show comes on...

Does your DVR have an on-screen guide? If the answer is yes, then they abdolutely know what you are watching and when. If the answer is no, then how do you program it?
Just like an old VCR....no guide, clock flashes 12 o’clock until you set the time....

Just like an old VCR....no guide, clock flashes 12 o’clock until you set the time....

I think you'd be surprised at what they know Bob. Some years back, when I was still using a VCR, my cable company featured a weekend with free HBO in an attempt to hook us into upgrading the cable package. Funny thing, whenever I turned the VCR on to record a movie from the "free trial", the language immediately switched to Spanish. When I turned the VCR back off, it magically switched back to English.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back