frosty??? (1 Viewer)

kenny

Nitro Member
who was the pro stock driver with this nickname?I read the jerry eckman article and he said someone was nicknamed frosty after his rear window was fogged up allegedly from a nitrous mishap.

NT_08Frosty.JPG

Isn't that ironic. Didn't he have a bottle of nitrous blow up on him in the pits one year back in like 96 or 97?

Yeah,my neighbour was there,it was at Columbus,said he saw a huge green cloud of smoke go up in the pits from the grandstand.From what I can recall he hasn't raced since.

Eckman has a lifetime suspension (as a driver) from the NHRA, He can get back in if he pays a pretty stiff fine.

I believe Jerry Eckman works for Tom Hammonds or Chaos' team. I can't remember which but I'm pretty sure it's one of them. As far as a lifetime suspension, I haven't heard that one. Eckman and Bill Orndorff were fined pretty heavy and I understood that Eckman had a 2 year suspension from driving. After NHRA kicked Orndorff's team out, he showed up a few weeks later with another team. About a year or so ago, Competition Plus had a really nice interview with Jerry telling what really happened. Look it up, it was a good read. It was a nice story and quite revealing. Funny, never heard the real story from any of the Illinois shop break-in victims. Jerry Eckman is a good guy and in my opinion, he got a bum rap.

Dave

I believe Jerry Eckman works for Tom Hammonds or Chaos' team. I can't remember which but I'm pretty sure it's one of them. As far as a lifetime suspension, I haven't heard that one. Eckman and Bill Orndorff were fined pretty heavy and I understood that Eckman had a 2 year suspension from driving. After NHRA kicked Orndorff's team out, he showed up a few weeks later with another team. About a year or so ago, Competition Plus had a really nice interview with Jerry telling what really happened. Look it up, it was a good read. It was a nice story and quite revealing. Funny, never heard the real story from any of the Illinois shop break-in victims. Jerry Eckman is a good guy and in my opinion, he got a bum rap.

Dave
I was a big Eckman fan,he always remembered me. Hes a good guy in my book,saw him at the hotel last year in Bristol!

Eckman has a lifetime suspension (as a driver) from the NHRA, He can get back in if he pays a pretty stiff fine.
Of the original $25,000 fine, Eckman was allowed to pay $13,000 of the fine in exchange for a three-race trial with the Dave Belli team. The agreement consisted of Eckman paying $1000 for each subsequent race he enters.

Alan, how the heck do you remember so much of this stuff? I picture you sitting at your desk doing your own version of Lewis Bloom. :D

I was thinking it might have been geoffrion called that but not sure.does anyone remember how long after aldermans "distributor gear failure" that their shop got broken into.I think it happened at at least two different races though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back